Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Universe of the Month Nominations

a topic in Universe of the Month, a part of the RPG forum.

See the official thread for more information!

Universe of the Month Nominations

Tips: 1.50 INK Postby partially-stars on Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:21 am

Hello there! So this thread will be a dedicated thread in order to nominate a universe for consideration for Universe of the Month. You can nominate any universe you like, be it your own, one you’re really enjoying being a part of, or one you’ve been reading. Please follow the below format for nominations. Multiple nominations won’t improve a universes chances of being selected, so to make our lives a little easier, please double check that the universe you intend to nominate hasn’t already been nominated.

UPDATE: Nominations can now also be made anonymously through this link if you’d prefer.

Code: Select all
[b]Name of Universe:[/b]
[b]Link to Universe:[/b]
[b]New or Existing Universe?[/b]
[b]Why Should We Pick It?[/b] (Please keep this short and sweet, 200 words or thereabouts!)

Nominations will close each Wednesday at 23:59 GMT. Any nominations made after that will be considered for the following week’s UOTW. Announcements will take place on Sunday.

those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.50 INK in return for their work.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Re: Universe of the Week Nominations

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby phosphene on Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:01 pm

Name of Universe: The Umbrella Academy: On Stranger Tides
Link to Universe: right over here
New or Existing Universe? umm? new? they haven't started yet lol.
Why Should We Pick It? Frankly, I think it's a great idea for an rp. Umbrella Academy has such a rich world, and there's an abundance of fun to be had there. ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ really made the setting their own, and made things open enough for creativity while keeping the tone about the same. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this one goes, and personally I think that it deserves some hype.
Things are only impossible until they're not.
tumblr | Pinterest

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

phosphene
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Conversationalist Promethean Inspiration Greeter Novelist Concierge Giver World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:03 pm

Name of Universe: Hadean
Link to Universe: Hadean
New or Existing Universe? Existing
Why Should We Pick It? It's a relatively new Universe that has tons of activity, growing very quickly and with tons of content!
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:12 am

Name of Universe: The Eighth Year: HP LGBTQIA
Link to Universe: here
New or Existing Universe?
Why Should We Pick It? In the 1970s, a form of feminism rose in the United States from the shattered pieces of the left known as Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminism or TERFs (though mind you, they seem to think that the term is a slur). It crossed over to the UK some time in the 80s and carrying with it all sorts of transphobic talking points.

Enter JK Rowling, an isolated woman vying for relevancy and writer of the Harry Potter series. You might also know her from Pottermore and "wizards used to poop themselves". She has gone from retweeting support for TERFs/TERFy things to a full mask off essay detailing her trans panic (including the men pretending to be trans to go into bathrooms dogwhistle). It's sad I know.

Lucky for us conflicted fans, CharlotteV is here to save the day and your childhood. In addition to reimagining your favorite characters through an LGBT+ lens, the roleplay gives room to explore everyone's trauma and the fallout from the war.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby Joseph_Bennett on Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:47 pm

To a Brighter Future
https://www.roleplaygateway.com/universes/to-a-brighter-future
New Universe

I think that this roleplay deserves a nomination because of the interesting concept it is founded upon -space communism- and it also deserves some attention. The creator, Tanker72, has come up with a pretty original idea. It hasn't had any activity yet, but I think once it does, all of the members of the Roleplay will enjoy it. Just thought I should put this nomination up there.
Yours Truly,
Joseph Bennett

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Frank Herbert, Dune.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

Joseph_Bennett
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 4 years
Lifegiver Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Property Buyer Promethean World Builder Tipworthy Author Conversationalist Group Theory Arc Warden Storyteller Historian Person of Interest Builder Salesman Giver Greeter Inspiration Concierge

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Kaeru on Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:03 pm

Name of Universe: Hogwarts: A Dark New Age

New or Existing Universe? Existing.

Why Should We Pick It? An interesting spin on a pre-existing story, for sure, but I'm nominating this role-play purely on the strength of the GM and the atmosphere they've created for their writers. Wolf's Bane109's level of dedication to keeping this universe alive is unreal and I think it's fair to say we all feel more motivated by extension. Everyone has put considerable effort into plotting interesting interactions and events, to the most intricate details of their characters. Wolf makes sure to listen to all of our ideas, no matter how ridiculous they seem or how far they stray from JKR's lore, and always finds a way to compromise. They've given us enough creative freedom to make the universe feel like our own. This role-play as a whole is so fun and I wholeheartedly believe it's gonna last a long time.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Kaeru
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby FeistyDeadlySins on Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:53 am

Not sure if this is closed or not ??

Name of Universe: Camp Athens II
Link to Universe: universes/camp-athens-ii
Why Should We Pick It? So many amazing writers have joined this RP from the very first one, and came to join me in the second. It's been a rollercoaster of emotions, storylines, and plots. I for one am proud to have created this universe as it has allowed me to meet some lovely people who have detailed characters that seem & feel like real people. This is going to keep going until the very end, and personally? I hope there will be a third.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

FeistyDeadlySins
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings Completionist Visual Appeal Salesman Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.75 INK Postby partially-stars on Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:50 pm

Hey! We'll be counting that nomination for next week's UOTW but it has been noted!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.75 INK in return for their work.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FeistyDeadlySins on Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:48 am

partially-stars wrote:Hey! We'll be counting that nomination for next week's UOTW but it has been noted!

Thank you :) that will be great.

FeistyDeadlySins
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings Completionist Visual Appeal Salesman Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:22 pm

Since it's been a while let's get another one nominated!

Name of Universe: Gods Among Us: The Godslayer
Link to Universe: Here
New or Existing Universe? Existing?
Why Should We Pick It? By blending mythology with science fiction, Gods Among Us captures the essence of a dark, modern fantasy novel. With threads of lore, NPCs, and fleshed out settings, Venussky's roleplay feels like an open world where players can not only explore the existing plot but create their own plot threads as well.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:49 pm

Name of Universe: Hells Half Acre
Link to Universe: here.
New or Existing Universe? Existing, new-ish
Why Should We Pick It? By creating an open world and encouraging multiple forms of roleplaying, SHOVELHEAD's has empowered their writers to collaborate on the world their characters live in. It has a wonderful cast, a brilliant selection of writers (old and new) and an encouraging environment for any and all ideas. It was created a little more than a week ago and already has 11 characters and a little over 4k words, not including headcanons in OOC. There's also a couple writers in the roleplay who are brand new to RPG and I'd like to give them a lil applause.

leisurelyatwar
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:34 pm

Name of Universe: Evermore
Why Should We Pick It? After Taylor Swift dedicated her recent album to our roleplay, it only seems appropriate haha.

No but really - it's a wonderful roleplay with a great cast of fcs and writers and a story that's just starting to get good!

leisurelyatwar
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Person of Interest Giver

Re: Universe of the Month Nominations

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:16 pm

Name of Universe: Vampire Knight: Blood Requiem
Link to Universe: Here
Why Should We Pick It? I think this roleplay does a great job adapting the Vampire Knight universe for people regardless of whether or not they follow the series. Additionally, the otome game-style rotation system helps the RP maintain a steady pace while still allowing for longer interactions. Plus there's a cute dog

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!