Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

LFP - New Roleplay

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

LFP - New Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eve_05 on Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:02 pm

Hi! I'm just getting started with my first RP on here. I'm not new to RP's and I'm hoping to get a group of fun RP writers going to enjoy the site with :)

Here's the link to the RP. I hope you'll check it out! Thank you ^.^

universes/fragmented-prince#introduction
There is always light, even in darkness.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eve_05
Member for 4 years
Visual Appeal Promethean Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: LFP - New Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eve_05 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:29 pm

Bump**

Are group roleplays not a thing? Is it not interesting? Should I post the whole introduction here rather than link it?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eve_05
Member for 4 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eve_05 on Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:53 pm

................................bump

Eve_05
Member for 4 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:38 pm

I took a look at your roleplay, it's good and has a lot of potential!

Group roleplays are definitely still a thing, but it can be difficult to get players without a "hook" so to speak. It might be helpful to post a brief paragraph summary as a hook, like who what where and why here in the forum.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:52 am

Eve_05 wrote:Bump**

Are group roleplays not a thing? Is it not interesting? Should I post the whole introduction here rather than link it?

As someone who's in a few group roleplays at the moment I can attest that there's an audience for them, albeit the userbase isn't as big as it used to be. What might be helpful for this thread is posting a synopsis of your RP as well as what you're looking for in terms of characters, writing level, etc. so that people know what they're getting into.

Having looked through your universe, I appreciate that you are delving into Wuxia rather than the usual European fantasy. I would suggest doing world building more on the intro page as well as the "Places in Noria" thread. Based on the introduction page I don't have a clear image of what Noria looks like or how Norian society behaves outside of having a monarchy. The pictures in the places thread help visually, but there isn't much written information to distinguish them from one another. What is the difference between say, Xalan and Etoya other than their location?

I'm also not sure what Cai's intentions are. I'm assuming that he wants to commit a coup and take over the kingdom, which is great! But I think the roleplay would benefit from expanding his motivations and some foreshadowing of what his faction plans to do next. That way it gives some guidance to those who want to create antagonists.

Nonetheless I think this roleplay is definitely a breath of fresh air and I look forward to seeing where it goes!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Eve_05 on Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:08 pm

Thank you for the input both of you :) I'll try again in a few days. I'm too tired to attempt anything coherent right now.

Maybe I'll be able to strike both your interests when I rework it. Again, thank you :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Eve_05
Member for 4 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TushoKa on Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:33 pm

Hiya,
Honestly, I don't know anything about Wuxia, as I haven't played a lot of these type of RPs.
The storyline looks nice though, you have a website where I could find anime character face claims?

TushoKa
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Promethean Inspiration Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!