Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

What latest tech excites me?

a topic in Science & Technology, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

What's the latest technology that excites you? How does it work?

What latest tech excites me?

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby Killa on Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:29 am

For myself, that would be virtual reality and the various equipment used to access it. I personally use windows mixed reality to play on steam, the programs I use are VRchat, Neos and Altspace, although recently Neos laggs me on my macbook and altspace is filled with too many kids for me to be comfortsble, VRchat fits right in that comfort zone for me. VRchat is like the physical manefestation of RPG and that's exactly why I love it. Now I've been there a few years but I still remember the first time I logged on and was left speechless, I started crying. I could now really be who I wanted to be, no matter if it was male, female, or huge soace traveling dragon, and all because of that one little piece of equipment and program.

I'm looking forward to what's next in the future for VR, if you ever download any of those, my name is Killa01 on all of them so look me up and maybe we could do some roleplaying there too? What gets you excited, have you tried VR at all or experienced anything close to it?
Help me make a difference in the videogame industry:
www.BetterGamingGuild.com

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

Killa
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: What latest tech excites me?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanker72 on Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:15 am

There are two technologies that fascinate me these days.
The first isn't that recent, as it's 3D printing; it's already present, but it is far from reaching all of its abilities, and I'm hyped for what this tech could bring in the future. I mean, in Germany, there's a company that 3D printed the first liveable house, 3D printed apparatuses have been used by hospitals to palliate for the lack of respirators during the first months of the COVID-19 pandemic... It really opens such an amount of doors that we don't even know some of them exist, to begin with.
Then, there's the growing of artificial leaves and meat without the need for a body around it. The former could allow, in the future, to have artificial greenery recycle oxygen in space stations and ships, which could make it easier to send manned missions to Mars or Venus. The latter could, in the short term, provide meat to a large amount of people without the gigantic ecological footprint of breeding cows, and in the long term, could allow laboratories to grow artificial lungs, hearts, livers, to provide them to everyone who needs a transplant!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tanker72
Member for 4 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Promethean Lifegiver Tipworthy Conversationalist Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Joseph_Bennett on Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:23 pm

I also find VR an amazing piece of technology. I got a Quest 2 for this Christmas, and the first thing I did was get VRChat. Pretty epic, and I find the way that reality is faked to be pretty awesome. How far we go to bring ourselves deeper immersion is what truly interests me.
Yours Truly,
Joseph Bennett

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Frank Herbert, Dune.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Joseph_Bennett
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 4 years
Lifegiver Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Property Buyer Promethean World Builder Tipworthy Author Conversationalist Group Theory Arc Warden Storyteller Historian Person of Interest Builder Salesman Giver Greeter Inspiration Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:40 pm

I'm pretty stoked about mass-production graphene, since it enables so many new construction techniques. We'll be building space elevators in no time with this tech!
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!