Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts.

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Joseph_Bennett on Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:06 am

Not sure if this where to put this, but whatever.
I have to put this down somewhere because I've been thinking since I started reading EnigmaticallyEerie and Barney Fife's interactions in the MV.

Firstly.

There are currently five to seven spacefaring races in the MV that I know about, including but not limited to the Aschen, the Terrans, the Asylians, and EnigmaticallyEeries' race I forgot the name of. I won't include the Oberon, because I don't know what the fuck I'm doing with them. Then there's the spacefaring vikings or something. Dunno.

One question I have, out of many.

How do all these races be human, and yet be spread out so far?

Here's what may help me answer my question.
According to Fife, the Aschen came from Earth after its' annihilation. And they've existed for over 5000 years, from what I remember asking Fife. And that's only how long they've had space travel.
I thought Terra was earth for a while, but that thought is conflicting with Fife's statement.
Then Enigmatically's race mentions earth, and that changes things. Earth has been confirmed by that. So how do all these advanced races just now meet eachother, not including the actual explanation of them just being created.

And I swear to God there must be a time anomaly in the MV.

So, how do they get spread out across the multiverse?
They couldn't have developed all by themselves, surely. So that means there must be an origin planet. Likely Earth. But perhaps not. Maybe there's a precursor race.
And I think the Asylians are the safest bet. I'm not trying to force this, as I don't know much about them. But they are a bit more advanced in evolutionary terms, with faster comprehension. They live longer lives, they basically go through time slower.
I don't know about that though.

I'll continue this another time, but I would like comments from people who've been at this longer. I know there's something I'm missing.
Info on the 'higher beings' in the MV that are outside the realm of man would be helpful, too.

Thanks for reading! I want to figure this out.
Yours Truly,
Joseph Bennett

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Frank Herbert, Dune.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Joseph_Bennett
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 4 years
Lifegiver Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Property Buyer Promethean World Builder Tipworthy Author Conversationalist Group Theory Arc Warden Storyteller Historian Person of Interest Builder Salesman Giver Greeter Inspiration Concierge

Re: Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:26 pm

The words "Multi" and "Verse" should give you an idea here about time anomalies.

So, how do they get spread out across the multiverse?

Take a look at themes like westward expansion and manifest destiny, then apply that to space.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby Sepokku on Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:21 am

Doctor Who rules in the MV. Time is wibbly-wobbly, and humans might have cropped up as some form of parallel cultural evolution. Like Carcinisation, but with fleshy meat sacks. Alternatively, it could be creationism. There are plenty of god-like entities in the MV who choose human form. Perhaps they created and spread out these humans to see how they would evolve and grow. Or a precursor race, like you said; Occam's razor and whatnot.

Terra is earth-like, but ultimately not Earth. Earth exists somewhere in the MV (mostly due to the fact that people are unoriginal in backstory, but also because the Milky Way Galaxy, Orion spur, etc exists, so Earth would have to be there somewhere) however isn't used as a setting (I don't think..?) to help people's creativity.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.50 INK in return for their work.

Sepokku
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Friendly Beginnings World Builder Visual Appeal Conversationalist Person of Interest Greeter Arc Warden Property Buyer Storyteller Completionist Novelist Group Theory Helmsman Concierge Salesman Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver Cult Leader Hordemaster

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Sigurd_Hring on Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:36 am

Good question. I've asked myself that question. I also just assumed that all MV human species originated on Earth in various different dimensions, but it could be that humans evolved independently on different planets in various dimensions. Higher beings in the MV are on a different plane which hasn't been firmly decided yet. I like the idea of ascension, like attaining godhood rather than just being a god. As for the time anomaly in the MV, it's because of the existence of not only different universes, but of entirely different dimensions or planes of existence. Some may be parallel to Earth, and very similar with only slight time fluctuations. Other dimensions of Earth might exist in the past, or even years into the future. Time can be a puzzle. Great question.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Sigurd_Hring
Member for 4 years
Lifegiver Visual Appeal Author Person of Interest Tipworthy Group Theory Cult Leader Hordemaster Friendly Beginnings Property Buyer Giver Conversationalist Greeter Promethean World Builder Inspiration

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!