Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Universe of the Month!

a topic in Universe of the Month, a part of the RPG forum.

See the official thread for more information!

Universe of the Month!

Tips: 0.75 INK Postby partially-stars on Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:48 am

Our Universe of the Month for February is Pangaea from leisurelyatwar! Taking place in an alternate universe where the continents never separated and where magic is very real, the roleplay revolves around a group of characters who are dealing with the rise of dark magic and its impact on their lives.

Pangaea is an interesting and unusual world which looks at magic in a different light. One of our voters said: This RP has a wonderful GM, an AMAZING cast of characters, and all of the players are so nice and fun to chat to. Being involved in this RP feels like a hug.

Congratulations to all involved!
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.75 INK in return for their work.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Re: Universe of the Month!

Tips: 1.50 INK Postby partially-stars on Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:04 am

March’s UOTM is The Story of The Shattered Fangs. The Story of the Shattered Fangs takes place in a richly coloured and developed world of magic and adventure, of pirates and sailors and creatures of all times. The development of this world is fantastic, with a familiar yet still somewhat unique take on magic systems and species. It caught my attention as an open-world universe, somewhere that could work for a broad range of characters and that allows for writers to create their own story and forge their own adventure. A massive congratulations to all involved!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.50 INK in return for their work.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:57 am

April‘s Universe of the Month is The Killing Kind by Kaeru. With no nominations and a busy schedule on my part this month, I was exceptionally late working on UOTM, but this caught my attention right away as a contender.

The Killing Kind is a post-apocalyptic RP inspired by The Last Of Us. However, no knowledge of the games is needed. In the year 2034, following an outbreak of a deadly disease in 2013, a group of survivors attempt to navigate this new and deadly world.

The Killing Kind already has a promising group of characters, but there’s still plenty of open spots, and they’re currently looking for new people. With the potential to be character driven and plot driven in equal parts, I really think there’s something for everyone in this RP, and I can’t wait to see where it goes.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sat May 01, 2021 6:42 am

It's my absolute delight to announce Camp Athens: The Second Year as May's Universe of The Month. A follow on to Camp Athens II (a former universe of the Week!), Camp Athens: The Second Year follows a group of demigods as they train to become Olympus' legendary heroes. The person who nominated this said: This roleplay was so good, the players chose to continue a second iteration of it. mjolnir did a beautiful job with the aesthetics of the roleplay, and it's great watching the players collab OOC & write amazing things /ic and we were all delighted to see a roleplay achieving such success that a sequel was warranted.

A massive congratulations to all involved!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby mjolnir on Mon May 03, 2021 2:04 pm

Thank you so much! And thank you to whomever nominated us! This is super exciting :D
Image Image
Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.50 INK in return for their work.

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver Group Theory Giver Arc Warden

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby Zodia195 on Mon May 03, 2021 2:12 pm

YAY! Confetti!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.50 INK in return for their work.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 1.25 INK Postby partially-stars on Sun May 30, 2021 10:34 am

Our Universe of the Month for June is Storybrook: A Grimm World from mombie! Inspired by the TV show Once Upon A Time, the story follows a group of fairytale characters who have no memory of their fairytale lives and who have been living human lives in the town of Essex, Connecticut.

One of our voters said:

This is a super fun universe with interesting and unique characters! All the relationships between the characters are interesting and there’s a lot of twists and turns that I wouldn’t have expected. Everyone is really nice, and we’ve proven to be able to work out differences in a mature manner at the end of the day. I’m really glad to be in this group. <3

This is a really fun concept and has a fantastic bunch of writers and characters. The posts so far have been of a really high standard, and it’s especially encouraging to hear that writers can resolve their differences and work together!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.25 INK in return for their work.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby mombie on Sun May 30, 2021 7:03 pm

Thank you! We did have a hiccup or two in the beginning, but it happens. Especially when there are many different personalities all thrown together, as well as the how poorly text conveys things!

So far, I am excited about the story because we do have a wonderful cast of characters. They are all intricately entwined in ways that I would have never imagined. Everyone has been a ball of excitement, and the players are just as important as the GM. They are all excellent writers - some new, some old friends, but all friends and creative peers all the same! So, many thanks to the writers that have joined my remake. We are going to have a lot of fun in the crazy mess we created!
M•O•M•B•I•E
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
ImageImage

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sun May 30, 2021 7:21 pm

Congrats Mombie!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.75 INK Postby partially-stars on Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:16 pm

July's Universe of the Month is Impending Pursuit from The_Queen! Impending Pursuit takes place in a post-apocalyptic world in which humanity has taken to the skies after destroying the Earth below. Once a year, a competition is held, the greatest competition on Earth. Glory awaits the winner; but at what cost?

This caught my attention as one of our most consistently active RPs. It's a novel take on a post-apocalyptic future, and allows for both a strong plot and strong characters, with plenty of room for dynamic and interesting relationships. The quality of writing so far is incredible, and I'm really looking forward to seeing where the story goes.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.75 INK in return for their work.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby Connected on Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:19 pm

Yay, we have fans! As much as I enjoy playing a character in the universe, I often wonder if what I write would be enjoyable to read for someone who isn't participating in the RP. I'm glad you enjoy following along!

Also, big ups to The_Queen for keeping things rolling along at a steady pace. We couldn't do it without her!

Connected
Member for 4 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Tipworthy Contributor

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby Zodia195 on Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:32 am

Congrats to those in this RPG! It's hard keeping an RPG going to props to ya'll!

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 3.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:48 pm

Here at RPG, we're always looking for opportunities to highlight promising new stories from new members to the site. When looking for universes to consider for this month's Universe of The Month, The Twilight City by weiirdw0lf immediately caught my attention. It was a simple concept, but a different spin on a familiar concept, and one I'd love to see played out. The story offers potential for both inter-character drama and a story-driven plot, meaning it could appeal to a broad range of audiences. The universe has been quiet thus far but I, for one, will be keeping an eye on it to see how it grows!

A massive congratulations to weiirdw0lf!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 3.00 INK in return for their work.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby partially-stars on Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:13 pm

August's Universe of the Month is Empyrean, from The_Queen! Empyrean is a futuristic, post-apocalyptic story with a twist. After the world is destroyed, the world's god decides to give humanity a fresh start. After hundreds of years, it is thought that perfection has finally been reached by the humans, and they flourish. They live among angels in a perfect garden, while demons and darkness lurk beyond. When a demon finds their way into the human's midst, they tempt the humans to explore the world that exists beyond what they know.

This is a universe that has caught my attention numerous times, and I was delighted to finally feature it. The standard of writing and characters is incredible, and it's also a gorgeous universe to boot! A massive congratulations to all involved!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby partially-stars on Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:29 pm

Our Universe of the Month for October is Stranded: The Island by limeaid! A group of students on a routine college flight are caught in a freak accident, resulting in them being stranded on a remote desert island. They are forced to adapt to survive and to re-evaluate both where they are in the hierarchy of the island and their overall relationships.

This caught my attention as a very simple concept with loads of potential. It's a concept in which a wide range of characters can be introduced and where relations can quickly become extremely complex, while also allowing for plot elements to be introduced to complicate or add drama as required. I was disappointed to see that the uptake on this RP was low but still wanted to feature it as an example of a plot with great potential!

Congratulations to limeaid!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby partially-stars on Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:54 pm

Our Universe for the Month for November is Talmora: Kingdom of Magic from Fishbucket. Talmora is a largely character-driven fantasy RP, following the politics of the Kingdom of Talmora and how it deals with the challenges ahead of them.

The idea of a character-driven high fantasy setting caught my attention immediately, and I'm not the only one to have noticed it. One of our voters said, "This one's been coming up a lot, and everything I've seen has been fire!" I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out! And best of all? Talmora is currently looking for members. Why not check it out?

Congratulations to Fishbucket and everyone else involved!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:53 am

This month's Universe of the Month is Lullaby Over Pax from phosphene! Inspired by Space-based RPG games such as The Outer Worlds or Mass Effect, Lullaby Over Pax follows the crew of a space station, sent to monitor and protect the planet below. When their AI Captain goes offline after an attack by pirates, the whole crew is left vulnerable, and must search out the answers about their true role on Lullaby and their purpose.

I absolutely adored this concept and had it bookmarked as a contender in my head from the moment I saw it appear on the Universes page. Phosphene is currently looking for new members to fill out the crew a little more, so please do check it out! Our voters agreed, with one saying:

There’s great potential for collaborative world building here and the premise is great! The loss of the illusion of control on a ship? Spine-chilling and sounds like a challenge to write.
Definitely deserves a chance to be UotM.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby phosphene on Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:02 pm

Thank you so much! It means a lot!
Things are only impossible until they're not.
tumblr | Pinterest

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

phosphene
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Conversationalist Promethean Inspiration Greeter Novelist Concierge Giver World Builder

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby partially-stars on Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:22 pm

For our (rather delayed, apologies) Universe of the Month for January, we wanted to highlight a universe that we'd already featured. Seeing a universe remaining active for a long period of time is always encouraging, and these are the universes we love to show off! And for that reason, we have decided to once again highlight Impending Pursuit for our January Universe of the Month!

Impending Pursuits has been now running for over a year, and has amassed over 100 posts in that time. Every post is of an amazingly high quality, and the storytelling is absolutely wonderful. I wish everyone involved in this universe the best of luck going forward and can't wait to see where they go!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:35 am

I'm delighted to announce that Vampire Knight: Blood Requiem from CabbageAngel is February's Universe of the Month! Vampire Knight: Blood Requiem is an RP inspired by the Vampire Knight series. It takes place in the Cross Academy, an academy that hosts both Vampire and Human Students. It brings with it all of the beloved drama of a high school RP, but with even higher stakes.

This was nominated by a site user, who said: I think this roleplay does a great job adapting the Vampire Knight universe for people regardless of whether or not they follow the series. Additionally, the otome game-style rotation system helps the RP maintain a steady pace while still allowing for longer interactions. Plus there's a cute dog. I'm in agreement with this statement, and am looking forward to seeing where this RP goes!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!