Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:30 pm

Hey there! Not sure if this is where I should have posted this but I just went with it.

Since I've realized this is a struggle a lot of people have but don't know how to fix, I though I'd share my solution. I don't look at this as a permanent fix because it is a complicated process and takes far too many steps. But, until there is a better solution, I thought I'd share this for anyone who might need it.

Using this process you can remove CS's from your Universe. This will not delete the character. They will still be viewable and editable by the creator, but it will remove them from the characters tab in the universe. They might also still show up when tagging characters in posts but it at least removes them from the Universe itself.

Anyway...

You have to go to the roleplay management page. Which, there is no direct link to this anymore (which I asked for it to be brought back on the suggestions forum because it's super useful). How I get to this page is I got to my private messages then I click the tab roleplays which will be in the navigation bar that says "Overview, profile, board preferences, private messages, characters, roleplays, manage groups"

So you go to the roleplays tab. It'll open up a page that looks something like this...

If you scroll down you'll get a list of all the RPs you've ever joined and/or created. If it's one you joined it'll basically just have links to those RPs, settings, characters, etc. with an option to abandon. But if it's one you've created it'll list every character in that RP with options next to those characters' names to Approve or Remove those characters that looks like this...

From there just choose remove next to the character you wish to remove. You're also able to add characters back if someone returns or whatever else. They won't be removed from the RP forever, but for everyone but the GM much of their presence will be gone.

I tested this earlier with one of my own characters in an RP and this function still works. If this is confusing or you have any issues, feel free to reach out and I'll help you to the best of my ability! At least it's a work around until a more permanent structure gets added. And hopefully there will be an easier way to reach the roleplay management page in the future.

Hope that helps :)
Image Image
Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver Group Theory Giver Arc Warden

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!