Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Needing a woman's perspective on a concept

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Needing a woman's perspective on a concept

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:58 pm

This may come off as a bit weird but I'm working on a character design concept and want him to have a certain appeal. I'm not a great artist, mind, but I am trying to work out, at least, a clear concept before moving forward, a romantic character of sorts with a bit of that rough edge that can be comical. Obviously, as a guy, I can't really rely on my perspective entirely so...

Shooting for a mature-looking demi-human, three sets of raven wings (head, back, and base of tail), a bit of a beard, canine ears, a bit of fangs. Black hair, yellow eyes (or would a bit of heterochromia be better, one eye being blue, the other yellow?), perhaps a slight tan? A few streaks of gray/white in his hair. A pseudo-badboy, comes off standoffish and awkward at first but is a softy with an infectious laugh and sense of humor. He's a gentleman with a bit of that dramatic "guardian angel" quality with his wings and everything. Also, want him to both fit a suit but be awkward with it so he's not too "stuffy" since he's kinda wild.
Honor and arrogance are two sides of the same coin. We don't need standards like "honor," we just need mutual respect, and to do right by ourselves, as well as others.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Streamwatcher Person of Interest Bug Hunter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Group Theory Giver

Re: Needing a woman's perspective on a concept

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:09 pm

So there's a lot of things going on in that description. You want him to be: mature, comical, psuedo bad boy, awkward/standoffish but actually soft and humorous, gentleman, guardian angel vibe, kinda wild... That's a lot to fit into a single character but also a single image. It sounds like you have an image of his personality but I'm having a hard time seeing what it all looks like when it is combined.

Firstly, I would suggest condensing his description to three concise sentences. What is his story (background, personality, etc)? What are the most important parts of your character that you want to show off? At this point, setting him up to be a romantic lead isn't the priority. Creating an engaging (lead) character is how you get people to fall in love with them.

Secondly, what audience are you appealing to? Women aren't a monolith. Believe me when I say you're going to find as many Chris Evans fans as you are monster fuckers. It's hard to make many judgments due to how early of a stage this in. I don't mind him having both avian and canine traits but I find his head a bit busy. Having big ears to go with the wings feels a bit much and I feel like you can shift some of those traits elsewhere. Have you thought about his body type? Right now he appears he on the more lean side with the animal traits you mentioned. Is that accurate? Extra markings such as scars, moles, or body hair/fur can also add a lot of character. Perhaps feathers, claws, or talons to go along with the tail? What does his typical outfit look like?

Again, everything is still in its early stages but I would be happy to better feedback once more of his design is completed.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!