Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:55 pm

#Dungeon23
A challenge by Sean McCoy
Sean McCoy wrote:A dungeon room a day, every day, for 2023.
No Plans. No Overthinking.Randomise. Steal. Simplify.
If you can't think of anything that day, write “Empty Room”.

For the love of world building!
This seemed like a really fun creative challenge to participate in, with not too much stress. It doesn't matter how big or small, how detailed or rudimentary: so long as it's done, it counts! There's even an opt out - "empty room" - which I love. It can be hard to be consistent, and this challenge makes consistency easy!

Universes & #Dungeon23
I've noticed that one aspect of #Dungeon23 is that at the end of the year, you have a navigable dungeon. RPG's Universes propose a perfect way to make your #Dungeon23 creation actually playable - without compromising creativity or flexibility.
  • If anyone creates Universes from their #Dungeon23 challenges, please link them here! I'd love to explore them, and i'm sure others would too!

Participating in #Dungeon23?
If so, are you following the thematic format, or doing your own thing?
Are you using graph paper? A digital canvas? The back of a cereal box?
Do you prefer to use a pen or a pencil, if you're using physical materials?

I'm mostly doing my own thing. The themes are nice, but if it's causing a creative block I don't really consider it a rule worth following. That's just me! Also, i'm using a pen and graph paper. It makes being indecisive both easier and harder: once it's on the paper, i've committed to it being THERE. However, making that first mark...!

Excited to hear from anyone else participating!
tag me in the chat!

Become a Cartographer
Chart the stars of
The Multiverse with us!

The Hunt
Do you have what it takes
to become a Hunter?

"Across the nations the stories spread like spiderweb laid upon spiderweb, and men and women planned the future, believing they knew truth.
They planned, and the Pattern absorbed their plans, weaving toward the future foretold."

- Robert Jordan

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Donated! Salesman Property Buyer Contributor Giver Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!