Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Remæus on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:19 pm

This thread was formerly named "Suggest Ideas Here... and vote!", but the voting tool we used has since gone defunct! I've included the original text at the bottom of this post within a [spoiler] tag.

THE MASTER THREAD OF SUGGESTIONS
Hello everyone! Your friendly neighborhood admin here, stopping by to solicit your suggestions for RPG. The RPG community has been perpetually improving since 2005, with the majority of our improvements made at the request of you, the user.

Add Your Suggestion
Make a suggestion by replying to this thread, including as much detail as possible. Pull up MSPaint, take screenshots, and annotate what you'd like to see changed or added — our friendly team of Coders will use your posts to evaluate how (and what) to prioritize as we continue to build the best online role-playing site on the Internet.

Vote on Others
Don't have an idea of your own, or aren't sure what to do? Take a scroll through the other replies and add a tip to anything you think would make RPG a better place to roleplay!

I'll be personally reviewing every single post in this thread, so I look forward to seeing your reply!

— Remæus

Original
Spoiler: show
Think you have the answer? Log in to this page and suggest your ideas for improvements to RolePlayGateway.

>> Suggest something for RPG <<

After you've submitted an idea, go ahead and vote on everyone else's!
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Re: What does RolePlayGateway Need Most?

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Kronos on Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:30 pm

I hereby raise an objection.

Like communism, the ability of an owner to remove post from a thread has a staggering potential for misuse.

I don't see this being a problem in some threads.

BUT.

It should only be allowed in the Fiction, Private Role-Play, Futuristic, Fantasy, Everything else and Realistic Forum.

OOC is too murky an issue, and serious threads are the one most vulnerable to this, followed by fights, and anything in the multiverse. And it should showed that the said post was removed by owner.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Hughes on Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:49 pm

I can't get the page to load... Could someone add Removing the whole how long you have to wait before posting again? It seems pointless to me, and really gets annoying with ooc's, pm's and forum games. Sometimes even in Rp's when your having a conversation, and your post can't be a book.

Hughes
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby LordSaladin on Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:42 am

One thing to consider is that the anti-flood time limit is there to protect the forum in general... Though security is in place to ensure that spam-bots don't join the forum, it isn't a 100% foolproof mechanism, as nothing can be online, really.

As such, the time limit ensures that, should such a bot join the site, the spamming isn't going to be such as to mess with the performance on the server etc etc.

Also, in reference to conversations, Hughes, would it perhaps not be better to have these conversations on the chat, and then post up a summary in a single post? A fair amount of people would rather read only one post, than several that are posted only a few minutes between each other.

Just a suggestion, that is all.
Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Re: Suggest Ideas Here... and vote!

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Driney on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:44 pm

Just for the sake of pure organization, I'd like to propose that as a sub-forum in Realistic Role Plays, there be a history one. I am proposing this mainly because I know that there aren't always to many history role plays, but I have trouble finding them as I imagine others do too.

Driney
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Mid on Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:20 am

That's prolly because they're in the Fiction forum. Somewhere in the depths... O.O

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Rokku on Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:54 pm

More subdivisions in each genre would be good. Futuristic has none, and there are many different settings and such in there.

Rokku
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Wings_Take_Flight on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:54 pm

I would like to have a commenting post thing on our profile, that way we could have like an OOC thing going on without disrupting our role plays.

Wings_Take_Flight
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Valekor on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:02 am

Kronos wrote:I hereby raise an objection.

Like communism, the ability of an owner to remove post from a thread has a staggering potential for misuse.

I don't see this being a problem in some threads.

BUT.

It should only be allowed in the Fiction, Private Role-Play, Futuristic, Fantasy, Everything else and Realistic Forum.

OOC is too murky an issue, and serious threads are the one most vulnerable to this, followed by fights, and anything in the multiverse. And it should showed that the said post was removed by owner.

A late reaction, I know, but the suggestion is mine, so I shall respond.
I realize now that my suggestion wasn't specific enough, and I would edit it if I could.
But yes, the suggestion was more focused on -roleplay- threads then anything else. Perhaps discussion threads could also be included, but what I was aiming for was mostly the roleplay threads.
Of course, having it replaced with a message stating "Post removed by topic starter" or something like that is a given, to prevent needless reposts and such.

-Vale
Satophail: While not uncommon, Satophail is a degrading condition that targets the mind, heart, and self-confidence. If you find yourself making startlingly horrible fails with increasing regularity, contact your Doctor immediately.

Satophail
The cure
Cloasse lost it. Again.

Valekor
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Nyxeth on Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:40 pm

Placed my own idea up, since its been aggravating of late organizing RP, and informing people if its started, due to the time it takes to PM multiple people (Due to the cooldown on posting.), and the fact it refuses to let you send a single PM to multiple people.

So it'd be nice if a topic author has the ability to send a PM to everyone within that topic, via a button or otherwise idea someone can think of, or to simple allow PMs to be sent to multiple people.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:14 am

Alvaron wrote:Placed my own idea up, since its been aggravating of late organizing RP, and informing people if its started, due to the time it takes to PM multiple people (Due to the cooldown on posting.), and the fact it refuses to let you send a single PM to multiple people.

So it'd be nice if a topic author has the ability to send a PM to everyone within that topic, via a button or otherwise idea someone can think of, or to simple allow PMs to be sent to multiple people.

Great idea, Alvaron! I'll see what I can do.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Mid on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:41 pm

It'd be nice if ppl could edit tags <<

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Nyxeth on Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:29 pm

=) Good to hear Rem, and as Myrin said, that would also be a plus if it were doable!

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby CelestialBeast on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:44 am

I have a small thought due to my creativity. Peronsally I would like to have more space within the Chat Character list. Ten seems like such a small number. Maybe if it could be bumped up to fifteen? I would surly like that. Thanks for Hearing me out!
The Resident Nine foot cat is here to help! And is looking for a place to call home. If you want to do a PRP, I'm up for that, so msg me!

One Last thing! Looking for a RP that myself (Nine Foot Celestic Cat) would fit into. Thanks!

CelestialBeast
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Why So Serious? on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:59 pm

After reading some of these, I realise that Driney proposed precisely what I was going to!
Image Image Image

Why So Serious?
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:53 am

Why So Serious? wrote:After reading some of these, I realise that Driney proposed precisely what I was going to!

As a suggestion for now until we can think of a practical way to resolve this issue, try looking through the Realistic Forum or using the search forum tool at the top. Remember to use specifics to help you find something that you are looking for. For example, if you are looking for conflict, try searching for "Declaration of War" and seeing if there are any history based hits that you might like.

~Sin
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Rooster on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:05 pm

More Characters plz?

Edit: Or an option to delete them? I made a shitload of characters for these Rps with one person and they never come on anymore.
I really need another character spot.

Rooster
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:02 am

I have a suggestion. Three, actually.

This whole "remove tabs and consolidate their old content into new areas" feels a lot like kids who don't want to clean their room shoving everything under the bed and hoping their parents don't ask questions.

Removing tabs isn't the way to streamline the site or make it better guys. It really isn't.

The best way to make this site better is to bring back the Characters tab and the IC Posting tab. The IM chat was wonky, so that can go away. Doesn't matter to most of us. We use Discord for almost all communication now.

But the Characters Tab and the IC Posting tab are part of what separated this site from others. Bring them back please.

Something to do with the IC Posting tab: A floating button on the left which automatically snaps you to the posting content box for rapid navigation without the need to scroll. Simple and efficient.

As well, the main page. Change it.

When newcomers arrive at this site they don't want to see who the featured users of the day are or what settings are most active in RP's that have been around longer than they have and won't accept them because they're too far in for new members.

The "featured users of the day" as well makes them feel "less than," like "These are the best users here and they're better than you so praise and admire them for their accomplishment of being featured." It's intimidating and a turn-off for new people to see that when they first visit the site. So get rid of it and give them something they want to see.

What do they want to see?

They want to see a big welcome sign and a friendly, easy-to-follow guide to how to use the site!

As new members of a Community, they need and want a helping hand. So give them a warm welcome on the main page at roleplaygateway.com and provide links to all the main threads. This will prove that you actually care about them being newcomers to the site and Community and show effort on your part to help them get integrated and involved as soon as possible.

So stop shoving the problems under the bed and clean up the site the right way by returning our tabs, making that quick-snap button for IC Posting, and providing a main page that actually makes newcomers feel welcome and wanted.

Thanks!
Kumori Ryuu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.50 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:21 am

KumoriRyuu wrote:This whole "remove tabs and consolidate their old content into new areas" feels a lot like kids who don't want to clean their room shoving everything under the bed and hoping their parents don't ask questions.

Removing tabs isn't the way to streamline the site or make it better guys. It really isn't.

The best way to make this site better is to bring back the Characters tab and the IC Posting tab. The IM chat was wonky, so that can go away. Doesn't matter to most of us. We use Discord for almost all communication now.

But the Characters Tab and the IC Posting tab are part of what separated this site from others. Bring them back please.

I have to say I strongly agree with this. I haven't been here in a while and recently considered bringing a private RP into the site exclusively because I liked how the platform was organized. I look at my old RPs and as is I have to scroll for miles to find any posts. It kinda made me turn around. And it's kind of a sad feeling when I have such great memories of developing my world on this site.

And it's not just a "it's different than what I remembered so I automatically hate it" thing. The roleplay tab was my reason for choosing this site in the first place. It was my reason for wanting to come back to it. And it's not there anymore.
"Real power comes not from hate, but from truth."

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby phoenixheart on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:40 am

I agree with KumoriRyuu and Blackbird26. The removal of the tabs just makes things look messy on the rp page. It was so much easier and faster to navigate with the tab system.

phoenixheart
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!