Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Yo!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

Yo!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melloni on Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:37 am

-cough-
Just doing the newbie thing and posting a hi. :"3
Ohemgee I hate being a newbie. -_-

Anyway, how're people?
If you wish, I will become a rose.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Melloni
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Yo!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:36 am

*appears from a cosmic tunnel, the massive train appearing near Meloni*

Hello there! Welcome to Gwing! I am Ryand Smith.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melloni on Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:45 am

Oooo, I'm not alone! ^^ -happy-
You selling tickets? Only, cosmic tunnel 'n' all, a day return to Rome would be nice so I could get someone to do my Latin homework... DX

I got nothin' to do. Got any interesting threads up?

Melloni
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:51 am

You are never alone with RPGateway, as for interesting threads it really depends what you are interested in. There are science fiction, fantasy, realistic, fiction based, and even some realistic threads. There is bound to be something to float your boat.

Oh and welcome aboard the train of RPGateway, feel free to ask questions of the staff, we are all friendly, well mostly.

Grim

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melloni on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:04 am

Well... -cough- It's not that there's no interesting threads, it's just that there are no people on the interesting threads.

Melloni
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:31 am

Time Travel is impossible miss, unles s you find the Doctor... but Intresting RP? Where? I just am off from school, so I need to get back into my groove

Ryand-Smith
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melloni on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:39 am

TT_TT Did you watch the last Doctor Who episode of this series? I saw it last night, and I was crying. -schniff-
David Tennant is totally brilliant.

Do you like all the vampirical/medieval/dark fantasy kind of things? I found a couple. Well, one, actually, but I hadn't searched too much. There have to be some good ones out there, nee?
(If you do like all that stuff, want to roleplay? Photoshop is dead, all the roleplayers on Gaia are n00bs, none of my friends are online on DeviantART and I'm sort of falling asleep along with my cat, who's twitching in a dream on my lap... the only interesting thing I can find is a lengthy article on Vlad the Impaler on Wikipedia.)

Melloni
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:50 am

Aye to the Gaia roleplayers. I must have been there a week before leaving.

At this time, yes some of the forums are lagging- but if you come into the chat (and ignore the idiots that sometimes appear) I'm sure you'll be able to find people interested in the same things you are or will be able to recruit a group together.

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:54 pm

Welcome to RPGateway :). Tis a fun place indeed... And if you're looking for someone who likes Vampiric stuff, I'm one of those guys :P. I like most any kind of RP, so if you get a good idea for an RP and need another player, I'll probably join up too :). Peace, have a good, fun, FABULOUS stay!
It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to achieve anything. -My attitude on life-

Axle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:51 am

Don't let Wikipedia get you! Don't letttt ittt.
Ludwig von Mises, The Theory of Money and Credit wrote:Perpetual vigilance on the part of the citizens can achieve what a thousand laws and dozens of alphabetical bureaus with hordes of employees never have and never will achieve: the preservation of a sound currency.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:29 am

Er Eric, are you feeling okay?

Oh and yes I did catch the series finale of Doctor Who. You are right about David Tennant, he has managed to depose my previous favourite Doctor, Tom Baker. Tom was the second Doctor that I can remember I first started watching Jon Pertwee but it was Tom Baker that really epitomised the role, until now. I have some saving up to do, I need to get all the new series, even the one with that strange mancunian, what was his name? There so memorable I can't recall already.

Grim

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melloni on Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:02 am

._. Wow, I wasn't even alive when Tom Baker was the Doctor.
But David Tennant is totally the best one yet. And, and, he's cute. Unlike Tom Baker. ^^ -sob- Nuuu! The Master can't die! He's gone and made poor Doctor all lonely on his future travels! ;_; Well, apart from the ever-present female counterpart but Billie Piper was better than this one and it gets repetetive that it's always female and always totally 'OMG I LUV TEH DOCTOR.'
So... yesh.

Wikipedia is the saviour of all homework-stricken teenagers.

Melloni
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:48 pm

Well I am extremely old, but don't worry about that. It is with some regret that I agree with you about that Billie Piper, she proved to be a fine actress which came as a surprise to me. I really hadn't expected that she would turn out to be an actress given her singing. Maybe I am damning her unfairly but whatever she was good, and she is missed there.

Grim

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:19 pm

So I was browsing random posts and I happened upon one of your character profiles and I was like YOU PAINT BISHOUNEN!!! SQUEEEE!
Love,
Dovelina Ophelia Vitriana Emmeline Yvesson IV

Dovey
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:58 pm

I have no clue what bishounen is supposed to be but I followed the link to Melloni's Deviant Art pages, she is very good from what I saw.

Grim

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zee All Knowing Peacock on Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:25 pm

Well, this is already one heck of a welcome post, but why don't I just throw my welcome into the fray as well. I have never seen an episode of Doctor Who, but I do support hospitols ;)
"Some things are important. Others are not. Yet all would claim a mortal's attention. It falls to each of us to remain ever mindful, and thus purchase wisdom in the threading of possibilities. It is our common failing that we are guided by our indifference to eventualities. The moment pleases, the future can await consideration." - Steven Erikson's Midnight Tides

Zee All Knowing Peacock
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azamiko on Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:41 am

...I LOVE that Wikipedia pic!! XD Did you make that? And if so, could I post it other places (with your name attatched)? That is EXACTLY why I kept frustrating my teacher in my research paper writing class...I'm pretty sure that I was the only one in the class who managed to get 'scolded' (very lightly) for doing too much research...I was also told to let others do their own research/papers...^#^ I get into things really easily, which maked Wikipedia extra-dangerous for me.

Oh yes, and welcome Mel!

Grim--a bishounen is a 'pretty boy.' 'Bi,' pronounced like the letter, means 'pretty,' and 'shounen' is 'boy.' 'Shoujo' is 'girl.' The original name of Sailor Moon--which you've likely at least HEARD of--was 'Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon,' 'Pretty girl warrior/soldier Sailor Moon.' XD Gotta love Japanese titles!

And wait, what season finale are you talking about? I'm really bad with remembering actors names. Billie Piper...was she the one who played Rose? But no, that was the season before last, wasn't it? Drat it all that I've missed the newer episodes...
'By any means necessary. Heh, that's when your ideals outweigh your conscience. The question is: are you willing to give up yourself--your idea of who you are, of what is right--to help other people?"

Azamiko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:57 am

Thank you for that explanation of bishounen, it is now wonder that I have not heard it being neither pretty nor a boy any more.

And yes there has been a whole series of Doctor Who with David Tennant but sans Billie Piper, Rose. He did of course have a new companion, the Doctor without a female companion is inconceivable.

Grim

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azamiko on Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:02 pm

Which is quite depressing, in the feminist point of view. Don't get me wrong; I liked Rose (surpisingly enough.) But...A powerful, clever main male character with a slightly befuddled but strong-willed female human counterpart...Why couldn't he make friends with a male, for once? He doesn't SEEM to be the type to just want eye-candy around, and I've never been under the impression that he slept with all-or any-of them. So, why a female, besides wanting eye candy for the audience?

Azamiko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:38 pm

In fact there have been male companions too, mostly alongside the women but not recently. It is always going to be a bit of a problem when you have established some things by long tradition, the Doctor's maleness for one thing there is no two ways about it men mostly prefer female company other men tend to be too competitive as long term company.

If I ever become a Time Lord and get a Tardis of my own I will be sure and let you know if there is a specific reason to have women about rather than men.

Grim

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.