Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

I NEED HELP! Who do I go to?

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

I NEED HELP! Who do I go to?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:03 am

Go-To Reference

Technical Issues

Q: Who do I contact if I am having issues with the site, such as technical issues, that infamous 500 error is plaguing chat again!
A: Contact the Administrators with full details of the event, if you were given an error number or code, give that to them so they know exactly what they have to look at rather than spending excess time trawling through code.

Infractions and Site Rules

Q: Who do I contact if I have found a user or post within the site system who is breaking the site policies, guidelines or rules?
A: Contact a Moderator, they will be able to handle the issue. Please specify exactly what has taken place, if it is a post, use the Summon Moderator function on the post and fill out the form. If it is a user within the chat, PM a Moderator and give us a chat log so we have evidence.

Q: Who do I contact if I have been chat banned inappropriately or have received a site ban I feel is unjust?
A: Contact the Administrators, give as much information on the case as possible and refrain from pointless bickering or flaming.

Site Cleaning

Q: Who do I contact if I have found a thread or post in the wrong location?
A: Inform the Moderators using the Summon Moderator tool, fill out the correct information and it will be handled promptly.

Issues With Staff

Q: Who do I contact if I have a seriously natured issue with a staff member?
A: If they are a Team Leader, contact an Admin, give as much information as possible and if you can, provide evidence such as chat logs or references to posts you believe are offending. If they are not a leader, contact their Team Leader and do the same.

Moderator Team Leaders are: Kurokiku, Kilgannon, & dealing with it
Scholar Team Leaders are: Kurokiku, VindicatedPurpose, & VitaminHeart

Changing your Username

Contact Kurokiku, and be sure to provide one or two alternative choices should your first choice not be available. Please note that we will only change a username once per account per year.

Feedback

Q: Who do I contact if I want to give positive site feedback?
A: Send it to the Moderators, we'll make sure to forward it to the correct staff group!

Q: Who do I go to if I feel I need feedback about something within the site, such as a roleplay of mine?
A: Contact the Scholars via the RPA; be sure to specify what you'd like feedback on!

Roleplay Academy

Q: I feel I need to improve at roleplay, whom do I contact if I want to get better?
A: Use this thread within the Roleplay Academy to request a mentor; someone there should be able to help you out.

Q: I feel someone else needs to improve at roleplay, whom do I contact if I want them to be given help?
A: Contact a Scholar within the Roleplay Academy located at our site. Do remember to be polite as it may be taken as offense; it is advised to contact the user regarding the issue first.

Other Questions

Q: I’m new to the site; how does all this stuff work?
A: You can find answers to most mechanical questions here or here. If you’re still not sure about something, feel free to post a topic in the Help forum for technical or site-mechanical questions, or the RPA for writing-related queries.
Last edited by Mid on Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Staff Go-To Reference

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angeldream21 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:18 pm

ok... what is it for?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Angeldream21
Member for 14 years
Lifegiver

Re: OHNOEZ: Who at RPG helps with...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:50 pm

um, this might be the wrong place to put this, but i just had a question...

in the My Roleplays tab there are some which never actually got started and some i am no longer actually posting in...so i was just wondering if there was anyway to clear those out. it just bothers me to have so many somewhat useless links to look over when i'm trying to find the roleplay i need to look at...just wondering...
If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk,
If you want to be happy for a while, get married,
But if you want to be happy for all time, have good friends.
-The Booze Traveler

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:35 pm

At the moment, you can remove yourself from roleplays which you did not create by 'abandoning' or 'deleting' the characters which you submitted to those roleplays. Hope this helps!

For future reference, though, use the Help forum to ask questions.

Blessings and peace,
Ylanne
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:39 pm

okay, i'll remember that. thanks

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashbug22 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:46 pm

How do I add a post to a roleplay? I have my character accepted but im not sure how to post
Passion makes the world go round <3

Ashbug22
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:35 pm

When you go to that roleplay in the tab, you should see several tabs, such as Intro, Characters, Activity, OOC, etc. Click the one that says "activity", and then click under that, where it says "refresh" in blue text. Then, once past posts have loaded, click to the right of the Refresh link where it says "Reply to this roleplay". Voila!

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jjia101 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:47 pm

I want to post a link but I don't know how to?
Ell®

jjia101
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:35 pm

Code: Select all
Take a look at my newest roleplay, [url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=46939]As the Curtain Falls[/url]! I would love it if you joined.

shows up as:

Take a look at my newest roleplay, As the Curtain Falls! I would love it if you joined.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!