Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The World of Gavilla

The world of Gavilla OOC/ sign up

a part of “The World of Gavilla”, a fictional universe by gaiadarkstar.

Gavilla is a parallel reality to Earth, but magic works and can be manipulated. The Queen of Crix is recruiting people to defeat raiders and protect the country.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The World of Gavilla”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The world of Gavilla OOC/ sign up

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:12 am

Gavilla is a world parallel to Earth, similar in many ways, such as the landmasses and oceans, although some have different names. Because unlike Earth it has magic it evolved differently. It has architecture that resembles medieval earth and the style of dress. Even some of the people who are born on earth have a duplicate born on Gavilla, although their personalities and experiences are often very different. Another difference is that fantasy creatures such as dragons, elves, ogres, trolls and dwarfs exist. The technology is surprisingly advanced. Details are described later.

Info, need to know about Gavilla

Technology
Video phones are located in most homes and there are also public access terminals that include both a video phone and a data cube.

Data cube- is similar to a computer but it is voice activated and the display is holographic and three dimensional.
There are ground and sky rail runners that are monorails that run between many of the major cities. There is electricity but much of that is run through solar panels, wind and water energy, and geothermal energy. They do not have space travel though and although robotics are developed they are seldom used since magic can do many mundane tasks more efficiently.
Since most people use magic for transportation cars were never developed nor airplains and definately no space ships. There are also no guns and the only people who know about gunpowder are the chinese who developed it and jealously gaurd the secret. As the Greeks gaurd greek fire.

History: History is not really well known by most of the common people they only know a few stories and legends mostly about the Dark lady and her mate the Dark Prince Lucivon and how they ruled over most of the world with an iron fist, killing any who resisted and terrorizing many for the fun of it. The ancient Gods pooled their power and managed to seal her away but Lucivon escaped. They kept the details a secret hoping Lucivon wouldn’t learn and find a way to release her because they would not be able to seal her again. Lucivon needs to know more and many people hear horrible tales of his efforts to find her.

Politics on Gavilla is mostly made up of monarchies or dictatorships with a few warlords in the barbarian lands. Crix is a major city and is governed by a queen, but unlike other monarchies, she was elected by the people and the people vote on all the major issues with the queen as the deciding vote.

Religion- On the continent of Lagross (North America, where Crix is located) the main religion is that of The creator and all god Omniri. In other lands worshipping many gods is the norm and each region has their own pantheon. When the dark lady ruled many worshipped her and even though she vanished they worship her still working toward the day when she will once again rule.

There have been many prophets and people claiming to be prophets who have made numerous prophecies over the years. Many have come true but many more still clutter up the shelves of libraries everywhere. The problem is that most were written in the old language which is only rarely used now in magic or by the ancient races. Many people, even scholars have trouble interpreting the difficult language so some of the prophecies might have been translated incorrectly. Another problem is different prophets saw things in different ways and it is hard to connect the right prophecies together but People still listen to them. There are many others but many people still look for one about something called the Darkstar, not really knowing what it is and how it can help them.

_the Darkstar prophecy-
The full moon's glory not long past and the fury of the storm bring a new star from the heavens. The darkstar will shine in the dard and be recognized in spring's dawn light.
The darkstar will shine and purge the land, bringing deliverance frome evil
Deliverance will come from nowhere known but wear a familiar face.
Three signs of hope we see to bring us the star to bring light and banish the dark. A solar eclipse in the serpent year. A full moon and a storm following the equinox of spring.

Recently many creatures such as ogres, trolls, Drow, gnolls, and other groups have increased their attacks on people and have even banded together to attack some of the larger towns. People are increasingly afraid to travel and many people are moving to the big cities for protection. Queen Imani of Crix has started recruiting as many people as she can to try to stop these attacks.

There are many Kingdoms scattered over north and South America. Crix is roughly centered and is kind of the governing force for much of Lagross (North America). Though there are some rival kingdoms or kingdoms that are neutral. There are also the wandering gypsies and the Amazons and druids.

The magic races try to stay away from civilization. For example Dragons live in mountains and caves. Shape-shifters (cats, wolves, other) Prefer deep woods or swamps. Dwarfs also like caves but do have villages run by a council that are located on many continents.

Halflings are sometimes hermits but do often live in the main cities. Light elves are everywhere. Some are druidic and live in forests and others live in huge fantastical cities. One such city is the City of Gershawn; it is one of the few Elvin cities that welcomes scholars from all over to study in their well known universities and libraries. Dark elves tend to live secretively and their cities are not easy to find.
Also variations and combinations are possible such as Dragon/human.
(I put the other races in that post earlier and am not sure how to work them in. This is basically the intro just tweaked a little from "The world of Gavilla" I haven't changed a whole lot yet and am not sure how to word things better so your input will be key in making this pop)

+So basically think of my world as a magical Earth but each country has a magic academy and is at a roughly medieval/ classical point in its development though I am sure you noticed some of the additions. It is the age of empires, each empire at its height. As long as a character fits this general concept I’ll accept new races as well, so use your imagination. Something to remember- this adventure will start like a real rp with everyone essentially at level one. Once the story starts characters will level up and gain the trust of the npcs and such and get better jobs. If someone joins up late they will have to start from scratch and earn a place in the story.
Rules
No godmodding meaning no automatic actions or controlling other peoples characters, also no super powered characters that can't get hurt ( you have to have at least some weakness)
No spamming
Keep ooc to pms and in the ooc not IC
Characters are subject to approval
No drastic story changes without approval
Worlds without end visualised, sketched, and written. From my mind and imagination to yours.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:59 pm

Gavilla is a world parallel to our Earth, similar in many ways yet different. Many of our landmarks are in Gavilla, though under a different name. Unlike our Earth, which has evolved technologically, Gavilla is saturated by magic and therefore shaped by it. The architect and dress is similar to our middle ages, with stone and wood comprising many of the buildings. People born in our Earth could also find doubles of themselves in Gavilla, though personalities may differ. In Gavilla, the various fey creatures live and breath such as Dwarves, Elves, Dragons, Orges, Trolls, and other creatures with magically blood. The technology of Gavilla is also surprisingly advanced, with magic often the main driving force.
Info, need to know about Gavilla

Technology
Video phones are located in most homes and there are also public access terminals that include both a video phone and a data cube. They both are powered by a arcane magic

Data cube- is similar to a computer but it is voice activated and the display is holographic and three dimensional.
There are ground and sky rail runners that are monorails that run between many of the major cities. There is electricity but much of that is run through solar panels, wind and water energy, and geothermal energy. They do not have space travel though and although robotics are developed they are seldom used since magic can do many mundane tasks more efficiently.
Airplanes, guns, cars, and other typical modern amenities are nowhere to be seen, although gun powder is being hoarded by who we would call the Chinese and Greek Fire is still in use by, of course, the Greeks.

History: This history of Gavilla is not completely understood by the masses that inhabit her. The name Lucivon is only a mere whisper of a rumor. The common folk only know the simple story or the great legends, many about a Dark Lady and how she ruled the world with the Dark Prince Lucivon. The divine Ancients put together their might and sealed the Dark Lady away, however Lucivon ran and escaped. Details of the sealing were kept secret in fear of Lucivon learning and releasing his love. Today, Lucivon is trying to amass knowledge in order to free her and rule the world once more. Many common folk hear whispers of his terrible doings, yet most dismiss it as rumors.

The politics of Gavilla are mostly feudal in nature. Monarchies and Totalitarianism are not uncommon in the lands, as are not Warlords in barbarian lands. Crix however, is different. While it is a Monarchy with the Queen in power, she was elected to the position by her people. The people vote on many issues with her as the deciding vote.

On Lagross (Our North America, where Crix can be found) Religion consists of the worship of the Creator and All-God Omniri. Though, many religions exsist and many worship a number of different Gods and each region has it's own panteon. Once, people even worshipped the Dark Lady, and some still do to this day, though in secret, working towards the goal of unsealing her, and returning her to power.

There have been many prophets, both real and false, who have made many different prophecies over the years. Many of these prophecies have come true but many more collect dust on the shelves of the libraries. Many of the prophecies were written in ancient languages, languages full of magic and mystic, and languages not many still know today. Many, even scholars and intellectuals, have trouble interpreting the difficult languages and as a result, some may have been interpreted in correctly. The Prophets foretold each prophecy in a different way, making connecting them together difficult, yet the people still lend them their ear. There are many, but many look for only one, one called the Darkstar, not really knowing what it is and how it can help them.

~the Darkstar prophecy~
The full moon's glory not long past and the fury of the storm bring a new star from the heavens. The darkstar will shine in the dark and be recognized in spring's dawn light.
The darkstar will shine and purge the land, bringing deliverance from evil
Deliverance will come from nowhere known but wear a familiar face.
Three signs of hope we see to bring us the star to bring light and banish the dark. A solar eclipse in the serpent year. A full moon and a storm following the equinox of spring.
~~~

Recently many fell beasts such as ogres, trolls, Drow, gnolls, and other villainous creatures have intensified their attacks on people and have even banded together to sack some of the larger towns. People are becoming more and more afraid to travel and many are moving to the cities for protection. Queen Imani of Crix has started recruiting as many people as she can to try to stop these attacks.

There are many Kingdoms scattered over north and South America. Crix is roughly centered and is kind of the governing force for much of Lagross (North America). Though there are some rival kingdoms or kingdoms that are neutral. There are also the wandering gypsies, the Amazons, and druids.

The magic races try to stay away from civilization. For example Dragons live in mountains and caves. Shape-shifters (cats, wolves, other) Prefer deep woods or swamps. Dwarfs also like mountainous caves but do have villages run by a council that are located on many continents.

Some Halflings are hermits but do often live in the main cities. Light elves are everywhere. Some are druidic and live in forests. Some live in huge fantastical cities. One such city is the City of Gershawn; it is one of the few Elvin cities that welcomes scholars from all over to study in their well known universities and libraries. Dark elves tend to live secretively and their cities are not easy to find.

Winged Folk and Spider Folk can also be spotted, though they tend to shy away from those different then themselves. The Winged-Folk are an arrogant species and try to push their beliefs on people, yet still they are a decent folk and neutral.

+So basically think of my world as a magical Earth but each country has a magic academy and is at a roughly medieval/ classical point in its development though I am sure you noticed some of the additions. It is the age of empires, each empire at its height. As long as a character fits this general concept I’ll accept new races as well, so use your imagination. Something to remember- this adventure will start like a real rp with everyone essentially at level one. Once the story starts characters will level up and gain the trust of the npcs and such and get better jobs. If someone joins up late they will have to start from scratch and earn a place in the story.

Rules
Have Fun!
No godmodding meaning no automatic actions or controlling other peoples characters, also no super powered characters that can't get hurt ( you have to have at least some weakness)
No spamming
Keep ooc to pms and in the ooc not IC
Characters are subject to approval
No drastic story changes without approval

Right, I edited it. I'm sorry if this seems pushy, I tried to make the language flow. I used all of your ideas as well as added tiny bits of detail. Also, perhaps a character sheet is in order?
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:09 pm

It sounds great. As to character sheets they are pretty much there when the rp is made. I will probably have to figure out if I can find the first post of this ooc cause I had additional info there. Alot about the magic and how it works and examples of characters and such. I will go ahead and post the intro and make the rp. Would you prefer to keep this ooc as a place to talk for story planning and such or just talk via pm?

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:11 pm

Ok it's done. i am so burnt out on writing could you write the rpers wanted speal and post it to get some players. "the Darkstar chronicles" is now an official rp.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:29 am

I feel so stupid. I can't figure out how to change the place name. I tried the rp edit and the place edit and neither let me change it. The way they worded it in the creation I thought it meant something else so I said Gavilla instead of Crix for the place.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Sorry I wasn't here, I was gone for most of the weekend. I'll get up the RPer's wanted post tomorrow.

And the place isn't so bad as long as the players know where we are at the moment.

For the OOC or PM, it is up to you.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:46 am

This seems as good a place as any. We already have one character signed up and one hopefully pending. I set up the ooc, the main rp, and the first post of the story. It would most likely be you next. Don't forget to give me a link to the rper wanted when you make it so I can subscribe to it. This should be interesting. The first player is an elf so so far so good about getting something different other than dragons lol. We may not even have any other than npcs as dragons woot!

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:59 pm

Oooh! Oooh!

Can I have Yuri...

Be the queen's elite guard?!

And the RPer's wanted thread.

need-you-fantasy-t54038.html

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:45 pm

lol sure why not. Say he was hired after the last adventure was over.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:44 pm

One thing mo'

I found three pictures that may suit Khaleem. I want to see what you think of them.

Probably would help with the pictures.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs49/f/2009/ ... an1923.png

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs45/f/2009/ ... edarts.jpg

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... quilao.jpg

(I like the last one myself.)

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:20 pm

The third's outfit is uber cool but again his face looks like he is in his forties. So make his face closer to the first but sort of the seconds roughness too. Something like Antonio Bandaris. Or something like that. Maybe I can do a quick sketch too to give you my vision of him.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:33 pm

I found one last decent one that kinda sorta looked like your sketch.

You got to remember though, I can't draw to save my life and if I tried, it would be like two sticks fighting over a watermelon... As such, I found all of these pictures on Deviant art.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs50/i/2009/ ... lenaom.jpg

Actually, I found a couple...

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2 ... ndawen.jpg

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs20/PRE/f/2 ... Obiwan.jpg

You won't believe how hard it is to find a middle-eastern fellow without facial hair of any kind...

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:07 pm

Wow the third one is the best but the first one isn't too bad either. I could also edit my sketch for you and make it a little better. Where did the one with the cool outfit come from If I could have number three's head on that body and make him look slightly younger it would be great. But any of those would work. Whatever you think will work for you. I don't mind working more on the sketch and refining it a little though mine will never look as realistic as any of them.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Danny Latiel on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:04 pm

Is this thread still alive?

Just always wanted to check in but never got the nerve up. Kind of breaks me down a little, seeing it.
"ROBOT LORDS OF TOKYO/
SMILE TASTE KITTENS/
DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT THE ROYAL HUNTING GROUNDS ARE ALWAYS FORBIDDEN?"
-Clutch "10001110101"

Danny Latiel
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:25 pm

OH SNAP!

HE'S ALIVE!

Nah, I'm just a-playin' wit' ya.

We started Gavilla 2.0

Different people, different story, different adventure...

Course, Kawaii came back.

The link is roleplay/the-darkstar-chronicles/

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:52 am

There is still plenty of room for a lot more characters and we would love it if you joined.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machubi-Uniki on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:30 pm

Um, hello.

Hey guys, just checking up, apologizing to people I never got around to telling and apologizing to. Some of them want to restart the rp, some don't. Just thought I would say hey.

Miss you guys.

I think I am back, mostly, however (please don't take this offensively) I don't really want to restart my chari. I just don't feel up to taking on a serious project.

Explanation: I don't know if you noticed how very much my attitude has changed from yippe hoorah to ... well this. I realize you haven't had much communication with me so it would be hard to notice but I have changed drastically. I really don't want to go into great detail why but I haven't quite recovered so, yeah.

See you guys around,
*chu*
~M.

"I laugh at funny things. I laugh in the face of danger. Therefore, danger has a funny face." ~ME <3
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." ~Groucho Marx

Machubi-Uniki
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:19 pm

<3

Love you, hope you know that we are still, and always are friends. If you ever need someone in your corner, just remember me.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:51 am

Yeah M, you feel better. We all love you and miss you so if you ever just want to chat you are welcome any time. I hope you start feeling more cheerful again soon.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:09 am

I agree with what gaia and talisman said M. Best wishes and hope you recover from whatever has you down and become a stronger person for it.

Qetzo
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!