Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Persona III: Memento Mori

OOC: Memento Mori: Persona III: Memento Mori

a part of “Persona III: Memento Mori”, a fictional universe by Tæfarós.

Let your Persona guide you into the darkness with open eyes and open hearts united. Don't be persuaded easily by despair; save all you know...while the chance is at least slight.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Persona III: Memento Mori”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

OOC: Memento Mori: Persona III: Memento Mori

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Sat May 15, 2010 10:32 pm

Persona III: Memento Mori

Welcome, beautiful people. Any questions, comments, or concerns you may have, please feel free to post them here. The main information is located in the link above.
Last edited by Tæfarós on Sun May 16, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Memento Mori: A Persona III Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blockcoder on Sat May 15, 2010 10:50 pm

Hey, it's Dayvan guy! Just dropping by to let you know I'm in the process of reading the introduction tab. I read the suicidal Pokemon line, loled, and now I have to join. Or try to join.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

blockcoder
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Sat May 15, 2010 10:57 pm

It's Awesomeblock! Thanks for taking a gander at our little slice of dorkdom. And dude, that's what the game pretty much is--Pokemon on eight ounces of Pokecrack.

(Speaking of Dayvan, I'm waiting on the small chance that more will take interest. Dumb, I know. Either way, it'll be up one o' these days.)

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blockcoder on Sat May 15, 2010 11:43 pm

I haven't played any of the Persona games. Could you give me an example of what to put for Skills? What should I put for Weapon? If I'm planning on making my guy someone that hasn't yet had his Potential awakened, what affiliation is he? S.E.E.S?

blockcoder
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Sun May 16, 2010 12:04 am

For skills, the norm generally revolves around one magic element (Agi, Bufu, Zio, Garu) and one Recovery skill; having a Strike, Pierce, or Slash ability in conjunction with Recovery is common as well. Some have magic/magic or Strike/Pierce--it's all up to you, friendo. Typically you want your weapon to be large, pointy, and...pointy. And pointy! Swords, axes, bows, hammers, and gloves are some of your standards. I was really tempted to have my character use a kendama (Japanese ball in a cup--er, on a point), but then we'd be going into uncharted territory. Kawaii territory.

Yep, he'd be a S.E.E.S. member. The Strega peeps are experienced bastids, while a neutral character would probably fall under one who either wields no Persona at all, or some badass who has no time for silly groups and clubs. ("MY MOM IS DEAD.")

So yeah. Fail GM powers, activate.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoo on Sun May 16, 2010 12:13 am

I haven't played any Persona either. But I played a bit of P3 and P4 (hardly any P3, and only to the first boss in P4) at a friend's house, and I ended up watching some videos out of curiosity, so I get the concept. Somewhat. I've been planning to buy P4 for awhile now, actually.

Also! As I am, I have questions. Which I will now list in alphabetical order, despite such organization having no inherent benefit whatsoever.

As for weapons (and for that matter, Evokers). Should they be something that a typical character can get a hold of (like ceiling fans or Yo-Yos), or can I try to justify my teenager's ownership of something more uncommon (like a small shark or a collection of medieval flails). In the case of Evokers, how do the characters obtain them?

Can multiple characters have Personae within the same Arcana?

So, in the rules, you mentioned Thread Play? Should I take that to mean the Activity or Posting Tab?

Anyway, damn. I could've sworn that I had four questions, which means that I'm probably going to have to post later again with the fourth, which will make me sound like an idiot. Wanker. On an unrelated note, I also could have sworn that I intended to type something else along with that last statement, which I have also forgotten due to my distraction in using google search for an appropriate word to express my opinion on the matter (if you're interested, that word was "wanker").

Hoo
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blockcoder on Sun May 16, 2010 12:24 am

...you mean my collection of medieval flails ISN'T normal? Oh, balls.

I think I can answer a couple of Hoo's oddly organized questions. I will organize my answers alphabetically as well.

Weapons can, I believe, be exotic. Sir GM mentioned such things as axes, swords, hammers, and Japanese toys, so flails are probably a go.

According to the wiki, there are multiple Personae in the same Arcana classification. I don't know if they're all from the same person. I'm a bit iffy on this one, as well.

blockcoder
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Victim on Sun May 16, 2010 12:44 am

As for weapons (and for that matter, Evokers). Should they be something that a typical character can get a hold of (like ceiling fans or Yo-Yos), or can I try to justify my teenager's ownership of something more uncommon (like a small shark or a collection of medieval flails). In the case of Evokers, how do the characters obtain them?

A Evoker isn't something you can buy in a store or online. If you were to get an Evoker you would get one from the Experienced Members of S.E.E.S. or, like my character, take one from a fallen persona user. Where do the Experienced members get them is unknown, though there is a supply of them.As for Typical weapons, we have connections that allow us to obtain weapons that are needed. Pets are allowed, collections shouldn't be a problem.

Can multiple characters have Personae within the same Arcana?

One Person to a Arcana to keep a sense of originality and diversity.

So, in the rules, you mentioned Thread Play? Should I take that to mean the Activity or Posting Tab?

I'll let him answer this one. :X

Victim
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Sun May 16, 2010 1:07 am

Victim, mah boi! Thank you kindly for answerin'. A special note about weapons: In the actual game, S.E.E.S. attains their gear from a cop. A COP. "Here, kids, take this big-ass sword!"

Hoo wrote:So, in the rules, you mentioned Thread Play? Should I take that to mean the Activity or Posting Tab?

Anyway, damn. I could've sworn that I had four questions, which means that I'm probably going to have to post later again with the fourth, which will make me sound like an idiot. Wanker. On an unrelated note, I also could have sworn that I intended to type something else along with that last statement, which I have also forgotten due to my distraction in using google search for an appropriate word to express my opinion on the matter (if you're interested, that word was "wanker").

Wellies, the whole Thread Play idea was concocted by a forum member who sought to end mix-up syndrome--y'know, say everyone's posting in one location, but you, thanks to the rather discreet nature of the Tab system, end up posting somewhere else. It's just a simple experiment. The other locations under the Place Tab will be used for reference and chat sessions for those who wish to get some quick IC interaction whenever someone else is online. Just an idea!

Try to remember that fourth question, you silly thing.

Holy crap, a small shark would've been amazing. That's gotta be your Persona.

And at the risk of having my brain turn to mush, I'm signing off. Keep a lookout for thread tweaks and updates, along with my character.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredMind on Sun May 16, 2010 1:15 am

Oh nice a persona III RP which s still in the NEWEST ROLEPLAYS zone (I fail at browsing too many rp´s) I will join to calm my shin megami tensei geekness...

LEt´s see chara abut half made only need to choose N´arcana...
|| Now I know that I´m the bane of my existence...||
True Story

ShatteredMind
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Victim on Sun May 16, 2010 1:53 am

Following in the footsteps of one of my favorite people, I'm about to log off too. I will be on in the morning to check any updates (before attending The Sanctuary for sacred service) then I'll be back on. ^^

Victim
Member for 14 years

Re: Memento Mori: A Persona III Roleplay (OOC/Open!)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Sun May 16, 2010 3:22 pm

Shattered! I remember you from another Persona RP that met an untimely death. Looking forward to what you come up with. (And pshaw, Victim, you're so sweet.)

Also, I just realized that I forgot to implement Null and Resist to the battle system, but I'm unsure if they're entirely needed. We'll see once some things are cleared up.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoo on Sun May 16, 2010 3:37 pm

Null and Resist is what Enhance skills are attuned to, right? At least somewhat, I mean, not including the stat boosts.

Not that I'm saying that you should totally adjust the system simply to adhere to my personal taste, but I'm planning on an Enhance/Slash Persona, so you should totally adjust the system simply to adhere to my personal taste.

Oh! Also! I remember what my fourth question was. I think. It was probably a question as to whether or not I could have my character use a weapon from an ex SEES member. Not that it matters anymore though, because I scrapped the idea. If you're wondering, (though it pains me not to wield a shark), I've decided on a street sign.
Last edited by Hoo on Sun May 16, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Sun May 16, 2010 3:56 pm

Derp, I meant Resist and Block, along with Absorb and Reflect. Silly me. Resist basically means that--say you have a Persona whom is resistant against Agi skills, then fire magic will prove to be ineffective on your character (it's not very effective, Charizard). Block nullifies an attack completely; Absorb grants you extra stamina as opposed to taking damage; and Reflect...well, that's pretty self-explanatory. And yesh, you're pretty much right about Enhance skills. We just wanted to avoid making things convoluted like a Metal Gear plot. That and I haven't played the game in months, sadly enough.

Ha! xD We should all cater to your every whim while we're at it. No worries--everything is going under some little tweaking once I have free time on my hands. No 404 errors in our roleplay, nope nope.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Victim on Sun May 16, 2010 9:04 pm

Well, now I feel like a big douche because I didn't put my characters last name like everyone else...*sigh* oh well ^^

Victim
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blockcoder on Sun May 16, 2010 11:35 pm

Aw, you guys are fast at getting your characters up. I feel like a loser now. I'm having trouble coming up with a decent character concept. Hopefully I'll have one by tomorrow though!

blockcoder
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoo on Sun May 16, 2010 11:54 pm

Luck be with you :D

...I pretty much spent this entire day drawing my character's Persona, aside from a little toying with personalities.

Result being that my Persona is ridiculously contrast/hue edited in PS, to the point of looking like some gaudy apparition spawned from the soul of a traffic light. Meanwhile, my character's personality is still caught in the vague tango between tsundere and snarker. With possible hints of hikikomori that don't make any sense, really, which I'll probably scrap along with my concept of several other ill conceived dere archetypes.

Although, I do know that my character will be straight. Yeah, that's right. I'm so indy and non conformist that my character orbited the dial and ended up straight. Whaddup.

Hoo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Victim on Sun May 16, 2010 11:59 pm

Hoo, you just made me laugh. >.< And your characters personality sounds like something I'd order at Starbucks. :]

Victim
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredMind on Mon May 17, 2010 1:12 am

Chara sheet sent , I think I overdid it (again) but I tried to keep it at bay. Hmmm Tæfarós letñs see if I can fit your expectations with my chara. Now I only have to end the persona drawing... that may take a while since I have like 4 projects in my PS list *big sigh*.

ShatteredMind
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Mon May 17, 2010 2:24 am

VICTIM, YOU DOUCHE. Jay kay.

@block - No worries! As evidenced by my (unfinished) profile, there's no rush in getting a character submitted. Just take your time and apply when you're ready.

@Hoo - You...are funny. Very funny. And you also make me feel extremely lazy for not drawing my Persona as well. Buh, some artist I am. Tsunsnarkermori might be a fun mindfuck to play around with for the sake of variety for you and your non-gay character. Damn, that makes two straighties so far. If I told you to taste the rainbow, would you?

EDIT: Saw your fourth question. Daw, that would've made a nice concept, but street sign is ten times better due to the fact that you can actually wield one in the game. I'm not sure how strong it is, however, and how far you'll end up, though you'll be entirely badass for the time being.

@Shattered - Sent you a reply. =) Go for it.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!