Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Altaea Saga: Song of the Ancients

Altaea Saga: Song of the Ancients

a part of “Altaea Saga: Song of the Ancients”, a fictional universe by Mr D.

What is the truth behind the world of Altaea?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Altaea Saga: Song of the Ancients”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Altaea Saga: Song of the Ancients

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirinak on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:01 am

I should have something up in response within the next twenty four hours i had to work a twelve today or I'd reply now :-P
Crush their dreams, Destroy their hopes, Break their backs.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kirinak
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:35 am

It is with great sadness that I inform you our longest running collaborator, Loxley has had to bow out due to matters beyond his control. It's a pity and he will be missed. As usual that bastard manages to leave me to pick up the pieces. :p Now I have to figure out what to do with his characters and how to adjust the plot for his absence. >:(

In other news, we still need to decide who to follow. Votes in please!
There was a signature here.

It's gone now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr D
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PixieCP on Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:36 pm

All Inali cares is not Manse or his equivalent. She's got next to no interest in what's going in Obsidias, given her almost irrational dislike of the Magocracy here.

PixieCP
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:28 am

Even so we need to decide OOC who to follow. This is after all the first of choice we've had that will affect the future of Altaea as a whole. If no one has a preference then I'll follow the default choice. But I thought it best to allow you all the option. Railroading is boring for me and you after all. ;p

Mr D
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirinak on Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:35 pm

I think i will have to side with cyphus i like an underdog,

Kirinak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:05 am

Manse (A high elf with questionable morals but a great deal of support and power which will help greatly in the tournament. Raging xenophobe and racist and all round bastard.)

Cyphus (A just man who seeks to implement great changes in Obsidias, but has very little in the way of support or power, meaning he will be of little help in the tournament proper.)

Attrempus (Is offering truly obscene rewards. Seems like an OK sort of chap, if a little past it.)

Votes stand at:

Manse: 0

Cyphus: 1

Attrempus: 0

It might be worth following Selene's lead and trying to meet them in person to find out more. But it's not essential.

EDIT: Also, who's rating all these posts? The ratings seem pretty arbitrary. :S

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machina Ex Deus on Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Can I ask what sort of person the previous guy was? So as to know how to look at someone trying to further his goals?

Also, it's not me.
There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.

Machina Ex Deus
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:13 pm

The previous archmage of the Nine Spires grew up under the care and tutelage of his predecessor after he was orphaned at a young age. His father and mentor instilled in the boy a desire to help others and to pass on the sciences of magecraft to the next generation as a means of furthering mankind. At first the idea of inheriting the school (already a large institution but with a fraction of its current power and influence) held little interest for him and he enlisted in a small mercenary country following his father's death. He travelled the world, attempting to use his powers to help the weak, fighting for those who could not and overthrowing tyrants.

It was during this time that he met Attrempus, already an accomplished mage in his own right. At first the two were enemies, often clashing on far flung battlefields. However, after coincidence forced them to set aside their differences they each came to find a kindred spirit in the other.

However, the constant fighting took its toll on the Archmage and he grew weary of war and conflict. He saw his good works collapse as new tyrants rose in the place of old and new regimes became twisted by corrupt desires. He returned to Obsidias, now in turmoil following his father's death. He quickly put an end to the bickering, decisively taking power for himself. Embittered and jaded by his experience he turned to his studies, hoping that his contributions to his craft might one day help bring enlightenment to the world. In his name countless atrocities have been committed.

He was a man who, despite his questionable methods was utterly devoted to furthering mankind.

Does that answer your question?

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machina Ex Deus on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:36 pm

Why yes it does.

I personally would vote for Cypus (I think), but I think the Shriah would probably say Attrempus, and thus Selene would vote that way. I'm not sure which one of those actually counts.

Machina Ex Deus
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:03 pm

When making this decision it might be useful to bear in mind the kind of world Altaea is. (A horrible, cruel and unjust one.) :3

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirinak on Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:26 pm

i chose cyphus because i'm adhering to Torgar's personality, the delusions of grandeur are part of what caused him to be exiled so promises of such things are a turn off for him and manse was an ass from the start lol

Kirinak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machina Ex Deus on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:04 pm

Bah. Apologies for the tiny post.

Machina Ex Deus
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:00 pm

It's been nearly a week since someone last posted, so I'll ask for a show of hands on who intends to continue. There's no point in those of us who are active waiting around for those who aren't to post.

So my question is a simple one:

Who will be continuing with us?

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machina Ex Deus on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:57 pm

Well... my plan is to leave Gateway at the end of the summer, but I'll be around until then. Half a hand, I guess?

Machina Ex Deus
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirinak on Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:07 pm

I'm still here, I have just been really involved in some important R/l issues that had to be dealt with. One of the more prominant issues has been a string of health problems ensuing as the result of a heat stroke earlier this year, I'll try to work something up tonight for the story.

Kirinak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PixieCP on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:41 am

Dead but present. *salutes* I've been reading novels. >.<

PixieCP
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XianEvermor on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:01 am

>.> I'll put half a hand in. I got tied up in getting ready for school, and flipping a friend's house for rental and what free time I had for writing I frittered away on my own RP. It would be a shame if this fizzled out though so I will push to be active here if the consensus is to continue :)

-X

XianEvermor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:35 pm

Finally posted.

Reasons for my delay can be found in the Twilight Chronicles thread.

Meanwhile, what the hell is up with these posts by Strikerthenoble? I thought I had to approve people before they posted?

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PixieCP on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:59 pm

He's either a moron or a troll, if we ignore him he'll go away.

PixieCP
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:34 pm

It's been a week and no one's posted...

I don't know what to do guys.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!