Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Hogwarts: Year One

Hogwarts: Year One

a part of “Hogwarts: Year One”, a fictional universe by almostinsane.

Welcome, First-Years, to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. For the next seven years, you will study in this prestigious academy and make life-long friends along the way as you grow into your magical power and adulthood.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Hogwarts: Year One”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Hogwarts: Year One

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:38 pm

Hogwarts School
of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Headmaster: Minerva McGonagall
(Order of Merlin, First Class)

Dear Mr./Ms.,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Filius Flitwick
Deputy Headmaster

HOGWARTS SCHOOL
of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM
First-year students will require:
1.Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2.One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3.One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4.One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.

COURSE BOOKS
All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1)
by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi
by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection
by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales

Students may also bring and owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. This school is known throughout the world as one of the most prestigious magical schools in the world, at least, if you are a witch or wizard. Many wait young children have waited their entire young lives for this letter, some even fearing the disgrace of being marked as a Squib, an non-magical person born of magical parents. Others open this letter with wonder and longing as they debate inwardly whether they are indeed a witch or wizard or if someone is playing a joke on them. Nevertheless, they are entranced as the Hogwarts Professor that hand-delivered the letter explains their magical nature and what awaits them beyond the eyes of Muggles.

It has been three years since the famous Battle of Hogwarts that decided the fate of not only Magical Britain, but Muggle Britain and possibly the entire world. In the three years since the Second Wizarding War in Britain, the dark times of Lord Voldemort's brief return seem like a passing dream, save for those who had lost loved ones during that time. Progressive and Traditional forces continue to battle within the Ministry of Magic, which has taken strides to regain its credibility, Diagon Alley continues to be a bustling district of magical shops and artisans, and, most importantly, life goes on free of the shadow cast by Lord Voldemort. Within this time of peace, Hogwarts continues to thrive as the country's most important magical school, despite the loss of Albus Dumbledore, its venerable Headmaster. In its own magical way, Hogwarts continues to be neither wholly different from the way it was in previous generations nor wholly the same as new students enter its distinguished halls, some entering the Wizarding World for the very first time in their lives.

Of course, Hogwarts no longer houses such famous names as Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, or the famous Weasley twins, but that is how it should be. This year, a new generation of First-Years enter the school with their whole lives ahead of them with lessons ahead to help the grow into their magical powers and friendships to last throughout their apprenticeship in Hogwarts and beyond.

Houses

Gryffindor is well known for bravery, daring, nerve, and chivalry. The house colours are scarlet and gold, and the house is symbolized by a lion. The entrance to the common room is on the seventh floor hidden behind a portrait of a fat lady. In order to get in to the common room Gryffindor students must say the right password. This is the "heroic" house as it values boldness and bravery, but some Gryffindors can be bullies. Notable Gryffindors are: Harry Potter, Albus Dumbledore, Hermoine Granger, and Ron Weasley

Hufflepuff is well-known for loyalty, fair play, honesty, and tolerance. The house is symbolized by a badger, and the house colours are yellow and black. Its common room is near the kitchens. Noted Hufflepuffs are Cedric Diggory and Susan Bones

Ravenclaw values wit, creativity, and wisdom. The house is symbolized by an eagle and the house colours are blue and bronze. However the house colours are portrayed as blue and silver in the movies with a raven symbolizing the house, and the interior of the house room is decorated with blue and gold. The Ravenclaw common room is located on a high tower. To enter, rather than give a password, one must answer a riddle from an eagle door knocker, such as "Where do vanished objects go?" or "Which came first, the Phoenix or the flame?" Noted Ravenclaws are Luna Lovegood, Cho Chang, and Padma Patil.

Slytherin values ambition, cleverness, cunning, resourcefulness, and pure blood heritage. The house is symbolized by a serpent, and the house colours are green and silver. Its common room is in the dungeons through three stones. Slytherin has a dark reputation, but not all or even most people in Slytherin are dark. Noted Slytherins are Severus Snape, Tom Riddle, and Horace Slughorn.

Suggested Character Profile
Name:
Appearance:
Blood-Status:
Personality:
History:
Wand:
Other:

Canon

If you are unsure about what is canon, please consult the Harry Potter wiki: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Rules
1. This is a literate roleplay, which means that one must write at least paragraphs per post. Additional length is, of course, welcome.
2. Please use proper spelling and grammar; we all make mistakes, but it is required that you keep do your utmost effort to keep your posts pristine.
3. No canon-characters beyond teachers and other personal. This is three years after the 7th Harry Potter book, providing ample time for known canon students to graduate. Profiles for teachers may be submitted, but, otherwise, will be played by myself or by volunteers.
4. Respect your fellow role-players or your character will find him or herself in St. Mungo's for the rest of the term.
5. All students will be first-years. This roleplay is designed to be the first in a series of seven that will follow our character's student careers.
6. Appropriate ages are to be used; students will be first-years and therefore 11 or turning 11 very soon.
7. No god-modding; that means spells do not automatically hit. In fairness, however, I ask that your characters don't dodge all spells all the time. Be realistic.
8. Parseltongue, visions, etc. and other special abilities are allowed, but cannot be abused. No super-secret snake magic, no visions of the future every five minutes, and no showing off if you can speak Parseltongue. The Wizarding World still has its prejudices.
9. You may take as many characters as you want, but you must be able to handle them.

IC: hogwarts-year-one-t47861.html
Last edited by almostinsane on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Hogwarts: Year One

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SeriouslyBritish on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:49 am

I am very interested in this role-play so I'll post a character soon.
I'm sorry if I make mistakes in the character making and the role-playing and such like but I rather new to this site and despite reading a lot of tutorials I'm still somewhat confused, so if there are any points that you could help me out in it would be much appreciated. Point out any mistakes I make and I'll make sure I'll improve on them =)
Ta-ta for now and as I said before, I'll be making my character right away.
Cat =D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SeriouslyBritish
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:44 am

So I submitted a character in the basis that at least half the weird stuff that Luna claims to be able to see is actually there, since there was no definite canon determination either way on that. Hopefully this is okay with you, otherwise I would be willing to edit or whatnot.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lerro on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:11 am

Name: Damion Scott

Appearance: Damion carries the appearance of a confident 11 year old, always holding a smile on his face and keeping his head held high. Long brown hair covers his eye brows and ears, but it cannot cover his silvery blue eyes that practically shine against his lightly tanned skin. The blue eyed boy stands just a little under five feet and has an althetic build to his body.

When not wearing the normal robes of all Hogwarts students, Damion can be found wearing his white sports hoody, baseball cap, a pair of light blue jeans and white shoes. His wand stays in the right pocket of his hoody, the very tip of it sticking out but just barely.

Blood-Status: Pure

Personality: Care free, determined, protective and headstrong, Damion is one of the greatest friends you could ever ask for, just as long as you don't act like a fool around him. Of course he is still only human and tends to speak before he thinks, never afraid to throw his opinions to anyone with open ears. He doesn't appreciate unfairness to others, but is very good at tolerating bad behavior that is directed at himself. He is, however, very unpatient at times and never able to sit in one spot for a long period of time.

History: Damion is the son of Adam and Samantha Scott, both very talented and strong wizards. They both went to Hogwarts when they were Damion's age and became very famous for their potion making. After making a good reputation for themselves at Hogwarts, they opened up shop a year or so after their graduation.

Not long after the shop opened, they were got married and had a son, Damion. When the boy was six years old he began showing signs of interest in potion making, which everyone had expected. He first began learning the names of ingrediants and different combinations used to make a large variety of potions. With the help of his potions, he became very skilled early on in the art of potion making. Now at age 11, it is time for him to go to Hogwarts just as his parents did before him where he plans to earn himself a reputation as well.

Wand: Damion's wand is a very unique and rare wand that is hardly ever seen. It is a maroon colored wand that is 7 inches long with ancient magical designs carved into it. The designs twist, turn and wrap themselves around the entire wand from the tip of it to the bottom, mostly containing circular designs that bump and wrap around eachother. Damion has found that it is perfect for casting elemental spells like fire, ice, or earth.

Other:
Last edited by Lerro on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(\ /)
( . .)
(")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. He has a cameo on Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Lerro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeonHigh on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:25 pm

Name: Aiden Flynn
Appearance: Aiden stands about two or perhaps three inches taller than his younger brother, so to those in his family it is obvious which twin is which. Jayden is shorter and thinner, Aiden is taller and more typically masculine. His hair is lighter than his brother, and is kept basely to his natural tones of russet red and hazel brown. His skin-tone is slightly darker than his brothers also, being that he spends more time outside during leisure times, and has a lightly tanned hue to it. His eyes are a slightly deeper green than his brothers also, whilst his hair is considerably shorter and styled into a kind of spike-backed cut, with a short sweeping fringe, a hairstle that he hardly ever keeps, and usually just goes with a kind of bed-head style.
Blood-Status: Muggle-Born
Personality: Aiden is usually the more easy-going, yet stoic twin. He's far more emotionally strong than his brother, as well as physically, and can usually be found simply napping in various area's. While quite a gentle giant, his temper is violent if ever struck, and he is very protective of his brother, as well as fairly headstrong when he wishes something to happen. He can sometimes be quite lovable and randomly hug people he knows for little reason, despite his overall tough-guy demeanor. Under these tough layers he hides a high I.Q for his age, and enjoys using this for pranks and such with, and on, his brother.

History: Aiden was born the eldest child of Emilia 'Emi' and Connor Flynn, in the rather small town of An Daingean, in County Kerry, Ireland. Both parents were muggles, though Connor's elder brother Kieran graduated from Hogworts years earlier, being a muggle-born wizard also. Connor somewhat resented the fact that only his brother could use magic, being that he too had shown basic magical qualities as a young child, but could never make anything of it, so was never invited with his elder brother.

So when the twins were born, he made quite sure that neither of them would know anything about their estranged uncle, or the wizarding word as a whole. They were raised in the quiet surroundings of the sleepy village, unawares of the part they could play in the hidden world parallel to their own, unaware of who they really are until the aftermath of an incident during a typical school day sparked the starting of a new era for both boys.

Dozens of voices shot through the tiny schoolyard as a rather large teenager stood over the downed body of the younger Flynn boy, and his elder brother was held in the air by two others. Both boys had been bullied through their entire school-life, but it had never been -this- bad. Little by little, Aiden felt a deep hatred welling up inside him before it seemed to be expelled, and suddenly his eyes closed, and his mind blanked out. The three large, ugly bullies were pushed away by some unknown force of nature, or..dare he say it, magic? When he awoke, through, it seemed like nothing had changed from the previous day. His family was the same, and only his brother recalled the event, everyone else in the entire village were either pretending that the event never happened, or had been -made- to forget. The latter of the two sides seemed right, as little did either Flynn twin know, but the force that expelled from him and saved his brother was the magic created through sheer human will, and the minds of the people were wiped by none other that Old Missess McCready, the resident nut-job, though in all actuality she was a powerful witch living her final dalls in the middle of nowhere.

She soon informed the wizarding world of such a rare event and both boys were subsequently shipped off to meet their estranged uncle Kieran, who lived in a small town just south of london, and worked at some hard-to-pronounce council in the Ministry of Magic, who set them up with all the supplies they may need for their 'trip'. They were then given a small letter each, which had a large red seal, and told to head to a specific place at a specific time, and to bored a specific train. After a few hours, they arrived at the station of a whole new world, and their lives instantly changed forever.

Wand: Alder with a chimeara scale core. Eight and a half inches, thick at the base and quite springy, but tough. Extremely potent at potions, but also very good at transfiguration and charms.

Other: I hope the Bio is good enough for two people, being that it'd be easier for me to just do the bio for both twins, instead of my friend doing it also. - Oh, yes, the other twin will also be playing, once he makes his own profile, which will be later today I believe. ^^

NeonHigh
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Suzumebachi on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:29 pm

Hm. I submitted a character, but in the automatic PM RP Gateway sent, my character's name appears to be blank. In case I forgot to fill that part in, she's called Chloris Anderson.

Suzumebachi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheshire Cat on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:28 pm

Name: Jayden Flynn
Appearance: Jayden’s stature standing just shorter than 4ft6 accompanied with a pale complexion hardly made him the most popular child~ seemingly pressing against the social norm for a child his age as straightened hair fell over his right eye, a subtle yet darker ebony coloured style accompanied with electric blue streaks. The boys green eyes seemed only to give off a subtle emotion as he looked over towards his brother, unsure of what was to come.
Blood-Status: Muggle-Born
Personality: Timid, Paranoid, Impressionable
History: Jayden was born the youngest child of Emilia 'Emi' and Connor Flynn, in the rather small town of An Daingean, in County Kerry, Ireland. Both parents were muggles, though Connor's elder brother Kieran graduated from Hogworts years earlier, being a muggle-born wizard also. Connor somewhat resented the fact that only his brother could use magic, being that he too had shown basic magical qualities as a young child, but could never make anything of it, so was never invited with his elder brother.

So when the twins were born, he made quite sure that neither of them would know anything about their estranged uncle, or the wizarding word as a whole. They were raised in the quiet surroundings of the sleepy village, unawares of the part they could play in the hidden world parallel to their own, unaware of who they really are until the aftermath of an incident during a typical school day sparked the starting of a new era for both boys.

Dozens of voices shot through the tiny schoolyard as a rather large teenager stood over the downed body of the younger Flynn boy, and his elder brother was held in the air by two others. Both boys had been bullied through their entire school-life, but it had never been -this- bad.

Upon awakening the next day feeling disgruntled he made his way over to his older brother Aiden, embracing his the male with watery eyes whispering intangible words seemingly to never let go, Jayden obviously loved his brother holding him in high esteem. Although he was always the one who would “rescue” him. Later that day as time when by it seemed like nothing had changed from the previous day. His family was the same, and only his brother recalled the event, everyone else in the entire village were either pretending that the event never happened, or had been -made- to forget. The latter of the two sides seemed right, as little did either Flynn twin know, but the force that expelled from him and saved his brother was the magic created through sheer human will, and the minds of the people were wiped by none other that Old Missess McCready, the resident nut-job, though in all actuality she was a powerful witch living her final dalls in the middle of nowhere.

She soon informed the wizarding world of such a rare event and both boys were subsequently shipped off to meet their estranged uncle Kieran, who lived in a small town just south of london, and worked at some hard-to-pronounce council in the Ministry of Magic, who set them up with all the supplies they may need for their 'trip'. They were then given a small letter each, which had a large red seal, and told to head to a specific place at a specific time, and to bored a specific train. After a few hours, they arrived at the station of a whole new world, and their lives instantly changed forever.

Wand: Birch w/ Runespoor thang
Other:
Twin to Aiden ^.^ ( Neonhigh)

Cheshire Cat
Member for 14 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omega_Pancake on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:05 pm

This profile is decidedly shorter than I wanted it to be. It's hard to write interesting backstories for nondescript eleven year olds.

Two more to come, when I get that far.

Name: Emmaline Fitz

Appearance: A petite young lady with dark brown hair, Emmaline stands only about 4'2", and there isn't much to her slender frame. Fierce hazel eyes stare out from under her hooded lids, calculating and aloof. Her skin is pale, a sure sign of a sheltered childhood spent reading books and advancing ahead of her classmates. Many of her clothes do not fit her properly, being as she's so tiny.

Blood-Status: Pure-Blood

Personality: Because she didn't play with very many other children during her childhood, Emmaline has little time for their antics. She isn't fond of normal childhood games, and finds athletics a waste of time. She would rather spend her time trying to win at the most complicated game of strategy she knows: life. If it puts her ahead of the ballgame, you can bet that Emmaline has already thought of it, and has already come up with some way to make it so.

That being said, she is neither heartless nor without compassion. Though she doesn't think very highly of humans, Emmaline does have a cat that she's very fond of. She might also be swayed into normal social interaction, assuming there was someone around who was pleasant (or unpleasant) enough to drag her out of her self-serving shell.

History: Emmaline is the daughter of Mr. Harper J Fitz, the son of a fairly inconsequential wizarding family whose status as an offshoot of one of the great houses of old is often overlooked. Like many young witches, she was homeschooled during the years that Muggle children attend primary school, so her experience with other children her age is very limited.

Being as she is only eleven, she doesn't have a particularly interesting and coherent history. However, there are all sorts of interesting tidbits that can be shared.

It is rumored that Mrs. Fitz's brother, Curtis Johannson, was a loyal Death Eater prior to his unfortunate suicide five years previous. This can be neither confirmed nor denied, and Mrs. Fitz prefers to go on with her life, rather than thinking about such horrors.

The youngest child of three, Emmaline has two older brothers, Willhelm and Everett. Everett, the younger brother, has graduated from Hogwarts within the past year. Willhelm, the older, holds a respectable job at the Ministry of Magic, fetching coffee for high ranking officials in the Auror department and taking notes for them, in hopes of securing himself a more official position.

An interesting side note, Willhelm is not allowed in the sparring room.

Upon recieving her Hogwards letter, it is noted that Ms. Fitz apparently "jumped for joy" because she was finally getting to learn "real magic."

Wand: Alderwood, 10 1/4", griffin tail hair

Other: She will not let you call her Emma. Or Ems. Or Molly, as someone once came up with. You may call her Emmaline, Ms. Fitz, or simply Fitz. Anything else is insulting.

See a word in my writing that you don't understand? Can't find the definition anywhere? I'm probably sponsoring it. Did you know that much of the communication we use today consists of only about seven thousand words? These poor dears have been removed from the dictionary--but you can help bring them back!

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:24 pm

All are accepted. Thank you for joining.

I must apologize for accepting your profiles late. I had a busy day today and I was unable to get on here until now.

To Suzumebachi-I'm unable to view your character in the Roleplay Tab because he or she doesn't have a name!

To all those who posted their characters here- Thank you for joining this roleplay. However, I'd appreciate it if you posted their profiles in the roleplay tab I put up here: roleplay/hogwarts-year-one/

Just click on the Characters tab and scroll down. The rest explains itself. This is more for convenience sake as we won't be roleplaying in the actual tab, but I find it useful to store characters.

Now, I believe I shall work on the IC. It should be up soon and I will post the wink here and on the roleplay tab.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Suzumebachi on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Okay, thank you for informing me and I apologize for the trouble. (I failed to submit it the first two times, so I probably ended up rushing the successful try..<.<;..) I am sending my application once more.

Suzumebachi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:16 pm

Ah, thank you Suzumebachi. And now, ladies and gentlemen, whether you posted your profiles in this OOC or in the roleplay tab, the In-Character is open to you: hogwarts-year-one-t47861.html

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omega_Pancake on Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Merp! I think I may have to withdraw, as school is not going to let me keep pace with everyone. Sorry about that! >.<

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:23 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. If you want, we can slow this down.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soviet Rei on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:07 pm

I'm afraid I'm going to ask to withdraw from this RP...too much happened, and I doubt I can keep up. Thankfully, we weren't far enough in that removing my character will really have an impact.

Soviet Rei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:27 pm

Okay. I'm sorry you feel that way, Soviet Rei.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aurelier on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:02 pm

I'm sorry, I'm not able to keep up with this roleplay and will have to abandon my character. I have too much going on in real life, it makes this difficult.
"People want to know why I do this, why I write such gross stuff. I like to tell them I have the heart of a small boy..... I keep it in a jar on my desk." -Stephen King

Aurelier
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:08 pm

Yikes. We're losing a lot of people. I guess I can understand, though, it's kind of a bad time of year for us students... but I'm not going anywhere, I swear!

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:50 pm

Understood, Aurelier.

And good to know, Kurokiku. :)

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:23 pm

I'm definitely not leaving... By the way, how many people does this put in our compartment? It's a funny thing that always happens in Hogwarts roleplays.

Also, will we be setting off soon? I imagine the train ride can be mostly skipped over, only thing that happens is games, talking, and changing into uniforms, and there'd be plenty of conversation and fun at the sorting...

Also... how are we going to deal with sorting, is it decided by Almostinsane, as an all-knowing Sorting Hat, or do we each decide? I'd like to have variety, but at the same time, I don't like the idea of having to go our separate ways every night :/

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:51 pm

Maybe Hogwarts is trying out a new system whereby first-years all live together? But it might actually be nice if they had to do some sneaking and whatnot. I do love shenanigans! Plus, I'm guessing the House variety would be pretty good with this group. But, I dunno. I thought the train was already moving, but I suppose nobody ever explicitly said so.

As of now, with drops and arrivals the people in our car are:

John
Ian
Astrea
Lauren
The twins (Aiden and Jayden)
Chloris

I think that's everyone, but if I missed somebody, I apologize profusely! We're back down to seven, which I guess is only one over normal capacity, and also a good size for a RP group, not that I'd complain if any of the others started posting. Either way, it looks to be fun!

~Kiku~

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!