Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Sailing The Seven Seas

Sailing The Seven Seas

a part of “Sailing The Seven Seas”, a fictional universe by Hurricane.

The Dragon's Knave is now accepting crew members! Although, they're a rough bunch. Lots of secrecy, pain, and even death on the high seas, and nowhere to run...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Sailing The Seven Seas”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Sailing The Seven Seas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hurricane on Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:35 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Sailing The Seven Seas"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Two wrongs do not make a right. However, three lefts do.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hurricane
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Sailing The Seven Seas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eleniel on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:12 pm

I submitted my character, just pm me if you have any problems with her of course.

:)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

eleniel
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:18 pm

Just posting to say hi all... After the other OOC, this one seems a little dead... How is everyone doing?

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:26 pm

I'm doing good. It's a shame Music had to leave, but everything's fine here.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:37 pm

Yeah, it is a shame. Music'll be missed for sure, maties. It is pretty dead here, I just got the news today so I'm back here. I'm doing alright. :)
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:15 pm

I do hope that whatever is up with Music will be sorted out, and that everything will be all right. It is sad. *sigh* It's good to hear that the rest of you are okay though... Anyone up for a little mock RP? That's kinda what broke the ice in the other OOC I think...

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:11 pm

LOL. I'm up for it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to be on for a few days after today.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Islew on Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:04 am

Hey everyone,

How are you all? I just want to pop in and say hi
I just submitted my profile, let's all have some fun!!

I don't mind doing a little RP here in OOC, anyway nice to meet you all

Cheers
Islew

Islew
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:13 am

Definitely up for some little mock RP; it t'was fun.
Glad to see some more faces around here.

Yo-ho!

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:50 am

Yay for mock RP. I'll start us off, and then disappear for most of the day. XD

Tanwen Kendric strolled across the deck, playing as soft tune on a base recorder. The instrument was nearly as large as her arm but that didn't seem to bother the small woman. All around her, people were working, plying their trade, learning new skills. She was left without so very much to do. There were plenty of bandages cut, and salves and poultices produced, all there was for her at this moment, was this. Playing music for the crew.

I know, not the most detailed, and an actual post would be longer. This is just to pass the time (and have a little fun/break the ice), no need to strip your brain of all the good ideas you're going to use IC.

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:33 am

Aye, I'll post then off to the smelly hospital.

Long legs belonging to the carpenter were wrapped around the wooden railing on the Quarter Master's upper deck. Tinker's mouth puckered in concentration--nail bobbing between his lips as he carefully sanded the wood in front of him with glass-paper. This was his passion, and he loved the smell of wood. The sweet, soothing sounds of Tanwen's base recorder caught his attention and he paused, glancing over his shoulder. From his vantage point, and the fact that she was a quite small compared to anyone in the crew, he couldn't see her until she strode along the deck. He took the nail from his mouth and shoved it into one of the leather pouches he kept around his waist.
"That could pose as a formidable weapon, Tan," He commented wryly, arching his brow, and watching as she played with ease. "It's nearly as big as you." It was nice to have some crew members on the ship who were talented at such things; he couldn't tell a flute from any other instrument, but he enjoyed listening to it. He chuckled, leaning back on his elbows so that he could scrutinize his work.

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hurricane on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:44 pm

Hey everyone. Ya it is sad about music. Thanks for tranfsering over to this one though. It should be a fun ride.

Hurricane
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:52 pm

When do you expect to have IC up? I know I might start to get annoying, and if I do I sincerely apologize, but I'm just really excited to get started. Until then I guess I'll satisfy my RPing need here in OOC with the others.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hurricane on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:56 pm

I'm not sure yet. A couple more things need to be taken care of at this point. I will let you know when it is close. And don't worry about being annoying. As long as you don't like keep posting is it done is it done is it done, stuff like that you're fine. A post here and there wondering is perfectly acepteble. I do it myself. :)

Hurricane
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Islew on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:14 pm

Woot, some OOC RPing:

The Dragon’s Knave was sailing on the open sea, she was not particularly fast today as if the heat of the day had sap her of her usual energy, it was the same for her crew, most were doing minor task or walking-a-bout. Pete was no exception, he was hoping to get 40 winks before the captain comes back to check on him.
Being a helmsman was not a particularly difficult job especially when there was clear ocean as far as eyes can see. Pete had placed his hat on one of the many handles of the wheel, one of the crew member was playing a beautiful soft tune and he knew it was that pretty lass with the doctor, he made a mental note to chat her up tonight. Right now he just needed his nap, with a beautiful lullaby in his ear he drifted off into darkness...

Until...

Suddenly The Dragon’s Knave took a large bounce over the ocean currents, that jolted Pete right out of his sleep and he was sure he heard a few screams of surprise as some of the crew were knocked off their feet, there was a barrel rolling across the deck and general chaos as they restore the ship to order.

“Tricky old girl...” Pete whispered to the ship, sometime he felt that she was sentient with a life of her own and she loved to play tricks on him.
“Sorry, my fault! Won’t happen again!” He yelled out across the deck. At least that drove the sleep out of him.

Islew
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:56 pm

Hooray for OOC RP =D

On such a hot and oppressive day, only made worse by the ocean constant humidity, the crew most of the crew was either laying about or doing the bare minimum amount of work. Everyone but the gun crews that is. The grumbling guncrews hauled and loaded there cannons under the ever watchful eye of their ever-energetic leader "Powder-Keg" Charlie, his shirt pulled wide open, his curly, red chest hair clearly visible.

"Faster boys! Imagine this was battle! The enemy could have gotten off three volleys in the time it took you to prepare this one!" He shouted at the top of his lungs, clearly heard by all on the ship. Charlie knew the importance of regular practice with the guns and he held it daily unless there was a reason he couldn't, like a bad storm. Ussually it was only a couple of shots so as to save amunition and he knew the crew sometimes got weary of it, but it would prove helpful when they next saw battle. "PORTSIDE BATTERY FIRE!"

Just as the Charlie shouted the order the Ship gave a large lurch. Charlie was knocked to his feet as men and cannons were thrown about. At least three crews managed to fire there guns despite the ships movement. Charlie felt a brief moment of pride before it was extinguished in an explosion of rage. "FIRE OFF YOUR ROUNDS DAMNIT!" He screamed at his men, even louder than before, before turning the face the helmsman. "JUST THE THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING MAN! I THOUGHT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE A DECENT HELMSMAN AND NOT HAVE THIS SHIP BOUNCING AROUND LIKE A DRUNK WHALE!"

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:55 pm

The Knave was a fine ship, and her crew were fine men and women. Most of the time. Occasionally, however, they would start fights or brawls, or break the Captain's Laws. And that was where the taciturn and quiet First Mate came in. He was respected for not using his booming (when he wanted) voice to solve disputes, or the strength of his arms, but instead for listening, hearing out both sides, and making a judgement.

But there were times when Neil knew the story, understood the complaints, and dispensed discipline with a free hand, comfortable in his choices. This would be one of those times, he thought as he wearily pushed himself up to his feet, nearing the end of his watch.

Interrupting Charlie before he could get any louder or angrier, and probably saving the Helmsman and most of the crew's ears in the process, Neil called out loudly. "Shut it, Powderkeg. And Pete, if ye rock the Knave again, I swear I'll toss ye over the side." He didn't need to repeat himself; early on in his duties here, he'd made that very clear. The first time a sailor asked him to repeat himself, Neil took the man by the collar of his shirt and carried him to the mizzenmast, tying him up there and making the man listen very clearly to every instruction for the next 24 hours. After that, he untied him and told him to get to work.

Following that, the crew made a habit of listening to the First Mate the moment he started talking. And following through with what they heard.
You know what the first rule of flying is?

Love.
You can learn all the math in the 'verse...
But you take a boat in the air that you don't love...
She'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds.
Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down...
Tells you she's hurting before she keels.
Makes her a home.

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:23 am

The Knave WAS quite the fine ship, as were the men and women who were working on it. However, the bounce the tired Helmsmen, Pete, caused nearly made him lose his “goodies” on the wooden railing. He counted himself lucky that he'd braced himself against the railing with his arms, and whistled thankfully. If the new railing hadn't been there, he'd be swimming with the fishes. Although the piece of glass-paper he'd been clutching in his hand now floated atop the calm waves below, he cursed under his breath. Carefully easing himself away from the rails, Tinker pushed himself to his feet and leaned heavily against his days' work.

“You owe me some new glass-paper, Pete.” Tinker called, turning his back so he could watch his prized sanding paper drift further and further away. Apparently, he hadn't been the only one who was surprised, Powderkeg's men were practising their shooting for the day and he counted everyone lucky there hadn't been a stray shot from the cannon into their sleeping cabin. He double checked the rest of his gear to make sure he hadn't lost anything else over board: nails, hammer, boxwood scale, fillet moulder, paring gouge and carver's mallet. Everything was neatly tucked in place, and he smiled gingerly. At least he hadn't lost everything. “Or some ale at the next port,” Tinker suggested, moving next to the Helmsman. He caught sight of Neil—and it was true, once that man spoke, everything fell into perfect order. Everyone listened to him because he was one helluva' First Mate, as well as fair. His work was done for the day until he scrapped up some more glass paper at port, but he was always available if someone else needed a hand.

“You look exhausted, man.” Tinker arched his brows, grinning. “Are the women running you ragged?”

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Islew on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:36 am

Shouts of threats flooded across the boat and Pete couldn’t help himself but jumped on top of a crate and starting bowing to the crew as if they were compliments. “Thank you, thank you, always here to give abit of excitement and entertainment! Especially for the ladies.” He winked.
That was before a loud booming voice almost knocked him off his feet, which was off course Neil the First Mate, Pete scrambled down so fast it was like he had magic and cursed himself (and Neil under his breath) for mucking around.
Soon after that the carpenter came up to have a chat with Pete, he wasn’t a bad fellow, probably the only person who wasn’t threatening to cut his balls off or hanging him up to dry. He was just complaining about some “glass-paper”, what the hell is glass-paper thought Pete, now ale that is something Pete can comprehend.
Pete stretched his thick sun-burnt arms above his head and wrapped one arm around the tinker’s shoulders, pulling tinker’s face closer to his own. “My friend...” he yawned, “I can never get tired of women.” “You know what? Now next time we are in port, I know this place, loads of fine fine...” Pete had to stop, there was a shadow, a dark shadow travelling parallel to The Knave.
“What in damn hell...?” Pete blinked a few time to check his vision but the dark shape was still there, then he slapped himself hard in the face and it was STILL there. “Hey, Tinker, you see what I am seeing?”

OOC: Hey, I left the shadow open for interpretation!

Islew
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:34 am

Tanwen's circuit of the deck was cut suddenly short as the deck lurched under her feet. The unexpected movement knock her feet right out from underneath her, and sent her stumbling into the nearest body. Somehow, she managed to hold onto her recorder for which she was eternally grateful. Instruments in general where rarely cheap, and she would have hated to have to replace the one that was least damaged but the moist sea air. All of her stringed instruments where neatly packed away in her room, unstrung. Her strings in a thick cotton pouch inside of an oiled cloth one. Moisture could be the death of strings.

"Forgive me," She murmured to the fellow whom she had bumped in to, but he barely seemed to notice her with the hubbub that other, larger members of the crew were making. What she was expecting when she joined a ships crew she wasn't sure, but all the brawny men about her was mildly nerve wracking. The women that where about didn't help much. Most of them where just as boisterous as the men. She pushed thoughts of fear away. They were prompted by things of the before. She would let them go. Then a shout caught her attention, someone had seem a shadow beside the ship.

Tanwen rushed to the side of the ship that was indicated, curiosity peaked. Sure enough, there was a large shadow, parallel to the ship. "Is it a whale do you think?" She called. She'd heard many times of the great beasts, and had always wished to see one. What could she learn from such a large being? What sort of mysteries of the deep could it teach if only she could communicate with it. Not that she had any illusions that she could.

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!