Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Possibly Pirates

Possibly Pirates 2: OOC and Discussion

a part of “Possibly Pirates”, a fictional universe by Jadeling Hawkins.

The epic tale of piracy and adventure, swashing and buckling, true love and lifelong grudges, curses, monsters, sword fights, a whole world of the possibilities of piracy!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Possibly Pirates”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Possibly Pirates 2: OOC and Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:49 am

ModelShipwright wrote:Well, I know that I haven't been here very long and I hate to be the wild card of the group but I'm still against the idea of a second generation. It's not that I don't understand where its coming from, and that I know you want to keep PP going. Although I feel like it would be doing the same exact thing over again, it would be rather close to the same story just with different characters and slightly different personalities; only the result would be the same.

EDIT

That is... If anyone cares to hear my opinion considering I never get any direct responses.

Well I'll give you a direct response. Surely, having different characters (played, note, by different RPers if new people are recruited), a different setting and a different plot will result in a different RP altogether from the original?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:16 am

I too will directly respond.

I agree with everything Northern said, as well as this: you express a great lack of faith in the writing abilities of the other players in this game. Just because there are ties to an original crew does not mean the story will be the same. And considering the adventures had by the first Fledgling crew (discovering the lost cities of gold by means of an ancient map that was then destroyed, fighting off a demon curse by trying to get to a city that only rises above the sea once every hundred years) I would hardly think they would be repeated by the next generation. By necessity of plot, they would have to have completely different adventures.

And going further: They say that there are only 'X' amount of truly unique plots in the history of story telling. But does that mean that it's not worth telling your own twist of one of those few? It's the ride, the creation, the adventure of finding your own way to the finish line that makes a story worth telling or hearing.

And Skally, Happy Birthday! I hope the Missus made things extra special for ya. Many happy returns!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ModelShipwright on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:02 pm

Jadeling Hawkins wrote:I too will directly respond.

I agree with everything Northern said, as well as this: you express a great lack of faith in the writing abilities of the other players in this game. Just because there are ties to an original crew does not mean the story will be the same. And considering the adventures had by the first Fledgling crew (discovering the lost cities of gold by means of an ancient map that was then destroyed, fighting off a demon curse by trying to get to a city that only rises above the sea once every hundred years) I would hardly think they would be repeated by the next generation. By necessity of plot, they would have to have completely different adventures.

And going further: They say that there are only 'X' amount of truly unique plots in the history of story telling. But does that mean that it's not worth telling your own twist of one of those few? It's the ride, the creation, the adventure of finding your own way to the finish line that makes a story worth telling or hearing.

And Skally, Happy Birthday! I hope the Missus made things extra special for ya. Many happy returns!

It's nice to finally have a direct response, and I appreciate it; although my arguement is not completely about the story---other than me fearing that it will be too linked to the first PP and the story line will somehow ending up rolling over to the new generation, I think that even if it didn't your spirits about the thread would be the same if-not worse. I know for a fact it would start out exciting, but then you guys would probably end up regretting starting it without finishing what you started before.

ModelShipwright
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:44 am

Alrighty kids, I am starting the run on Elkab, lets get this cursed daemon haunted tale in gear!!
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:34 pm

You know Pappy, when I read your last post, I thought of the sunken city R'lyeh and Cthulhu.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

We're not going to run into the Great Old One, are we?
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:42 pm

You know, I've been thinking the idea of making a new game set in the "future" or next generation. At the time period we are in right now, Piracy is about to die out. We could however, be privateers, who were still around. The United States used mixed squadrons of frigates and privateers in the American Revolutionary War. Following the French Revolution, French privateers became a menace to British and American shipping in the western Atlantic and the Caribbean, resulting in the Quasi-War, a brief conflict between France and the United States, fought largely at sea, and to the Royal Navy's procuring Bermuda sloops to combat the French privateers.

Bermudian and Canadian privateers raided American shipping during the War of 1812 and in turn the Americans used privateers because the American Navy wasn't as large enough. However, privateers are made illegal in the Paris Declaration Respecting Maritime Law.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:30 pm

Should I wait one more day for Model Shipwright to post before I post again?

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:49 pm

Actually (and I'm sorry it took me so long to get this up) I have received a PM from Model Shipwright explaining that he will no longer be joining us in our adventures.

So I say charge on and let's get some booty!

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:51 pm

Okies, I will wrap up this bit and post it then...

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:02 am

Hey, sorry! Will get my post up today, have been a bit distracted with Detective Fiction and starting work back up.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:16 am

Hey guys. I'm working on a post for Twigs, but it may take a few. I'm looking for babysitting for Z and a job. Tryin' to get back on my feet. I haven't completely disappeared from the rp, I promise.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." - Marianne Williamson
ImageImageImage

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!