Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

It's On

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: dealing with it

Have a subject that you'd like to debate that isn't about roleplay? This is the place.

It's On

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:10 am

January 28th, National Guard Armory, Carroll, IA.

Andrew "Blade" Uhlenkamp vs Jason Skowl in the first round of a four-man 160-pound tournament to determine the Winner of the Amateur Midwest Muay Thai Title.

I'm not sure who the other two fighters are going to be. I'm working with the guys I have here in Cedar Falls as well as working with Team Miletich over Christmas break. I really wanna make sure my conditioning is top-notch and I could definitely work for better technique with my hands. I've got good kicking speed and power, but I want a knockout this time, two if I can grab 'em, and so I really wanna stress speed, accuracy, and power with everything I have. Headgear makes it considerably harder to earn a KO, especially in Muay Thai using 10 or 8 oz gloves. Hopefully I can at least earn a TKO once in the night, considering I've already beaten Jason the last time I fought in Carroll. He's got a considerable reach disadvantage, but he's aggressive and he's got dynamite in his hands. I was able to weather the storm and win a decision last time, but this time his conditioning and mine will be better and his punches will have gotten a lot sharper. He probably won't be able to handle me in the clinch, my height advantage means my knees reach him much easier than his reach mine. My uppercut in the clinch is also what busted his nose in our last bout and sealed the win for me. My kicks are also to quick and agile for him to deal with. I can keep him off with my jabs and get into the clinch when he comes in with punches.

As for the other two fighters, I only know who I'm not fighting; Tim Gorham, a fighter out of Omaha who is the only guy I've seen so far that I'd be worried to fight. Of course I'm sure there are plenty of other fighters out there I don't know about who would worry me, but knowing I can fight him another day makes me happier. This is a title tournament, I wanna win and I wanna win with style.
Live in your world, get KOed in mine.

ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jax on Thu May 18, 2006 6:44 pm

Jax had entered this fight that they had he his first round was a two hit combo this nothing compared to my other opponents i face these are just a bunch of weaklings he usally i have powerful enemies in one swift move he dropped anothe this is patheic comapered to alot of others i have faced

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jax
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

fight for fun

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jax on Thu May 18, 2006 6:48 pm

Jax had entered this fight that they had he his first round was a two hit combo this nothing compared to my other opponents i face these are just a bunch of weaklings he usally i have powerful enemies in one swift move he dropped anothe this is patheic comapered to alot of others i have faced

Jax
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.