Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Dragon Age: Damnation

Player Quest Planning

a part of “Dragon Age: Damnation”, a fictional universe by Fammikins.

No longer considering new characters. An alternate universe based off of the Dragon Age: Origins game with some tweaks here or there. Will not be limited to Ferelden nor the main quest. note; will include DA: 2 lore at some point!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dragon Age: Damnation”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Player Quest Planning

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machina Ex Deus on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:48 pm

That all sounds really interesting. It's like Blodwyn and Asmara are each other's foils: both are apostates, technically, but they're on opposite ends of the benign/malignant spectrum. Poor Antius shall be tugged about forthwith, I am sure. I shall enjoy reading about it. =)
There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Machina Ex Deus
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amaranta on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:00 pm

Oooo, quest planning thread. >D Excellent. I don't quite have anything of the sort planned for either Blodwyn or Valen, but I shall think something up sooner or later. :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Amaranta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:49 pm

We'll need other sidequests and I was thinking some sort of ball-related sidequest after the group makes it through the Circle of Magi. Perhaps the assassins in the party will have a chance to strike down Loghain at a ball in Denerium and the others can either choose to join or chill out in town. Sorta lame since it's a half baked idea but neh. xP

Fammikins
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:29 pm

For anyone going to or in Lothering, you can assume my character is there. He has a small shop setup where he is selling his wares out of his wagon. Of course right now, I think it is night, so he is sleeping in the wagon with his mount next to it. I consider my intro to have happen before Fam's so my character has been there for about a day or so.

As for side quests I can help develop something.

Maybe develop the Assassin's ball more.

Or.

I had this idea... Becoming a Grey Warden was kinda like the game's first official mission, so why not do the same with the RP. Of course this means gathering some darkspawn blood. So maybe the party has to go in the Deep Roads briefly. This could also be a nice point for my second character to enter, since he is familiar with the ritual.
Self Proclaimed, Master Realm Weaver: need help creating a RP? PM me!

Vivid-Minds; a society of sophisticated RPers and Roleplays. Join us?

...LIVE in your world, ROLEPLAY in mine...

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amaranta on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:44 pm

Oooo, someone's in Lothering! Yes, finally! >D Well then, he just might have some Tevinter visitors stopping by for tea and scones. Or just to buy stuff. :3

And I rather like the idea of a ball. >=D Excellent, excellent!

Amaranta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:52 pm

Alright I shall try to work on the ball thinger more (maybe tap Fly's muse for help)! And Fly, I really do like the idea of making someone a Warden. So yes. That will happen to your secondary perhaps?

Fammikins
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:05 pm

Fun and interesting ideas. And if anyone wants to notice the Shadow on the roof and... well, I don't even know what you would do if that happened... but she's out of stealth-mode lol, so it might be interesting. Otherwise, she'll just hang out for a while.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:12 pm

@Amaranta: yup, it think there is someone else too.. But, feel free to make contact with my character. I probably won't make another post until it is officially day in Lothering.

@Fammikins: Well I wanted my second character to be a Grey Warden from a foreign land. But, I did want my first character to eventually become a Grey Warden, maybe he will trust the group enough by then.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:59 am

Fly, right, totally forgot for a minute there...all sounds good to me, as usual.

Fammikins
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:42 pm

Hokei, Ama made a nice suggestion to put personal quests in the character profile. It'll be easier to keep track of so you lot do that as you wish. -w-

Also you'll notice we're down a number. Fly respectively withdrew because his schedule was clashing with the RP, but he was kind enough to grant us permission to use Constantine as a henchman NPC of Loghain's! Furthermore he's still willing to do maps because I do horribly at maps. Awesomeness abound.

Fuuurthermore. After they rest in Lothering a bit the ball scene will be opened by Ama's Valen. Loghain will be present and the group will make it an assassination attempt. If anyone would like to NPC as Loghain send me a PM.

I have a huge twist for the Fade/Veil but will have to reveal it later. Busy night ahead of me, I'll be gone until much later this evening. 8B

Fammikins
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:48 pm

nyah T~T sad to see Fly go, but it's good to know that he'll still be around ^^ and i'm sure we'll all be here if not all of us most of us will be XD wanting to continue this and the assassination attempt sounds fun Ryuu's going to be in and ready to try no matter what

"Suggest that we escape by putting fish in our mouths so we can breath while under water AGAIN I will Ninja punch you so hardcore it will knock you out and when you wake up? the force of it will knock you out a second time before you wake up!"

RM:"Please promise to kill me with your pants on" BM:"I PROMISE NOTHING!"

"IN THE NAME OF MEANINGLESS BATTLE!" *Attacks*

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:03 pm

Although as Ara kindly pointed out in AIM, given politics, an assassination may not be so good. Prolly at least a spying attempt to extract information. And Ara has shown interest in NPCing as Loghain, still no solid word on that.

Fammikins
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Be it assassination or spying, it sounds very much like something Tiaryn could help out with. Woot for former Crows, eh Soki?

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ara on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:09 pm

There are people who don't believe Loghain's words, but if Grey Wardens actively attack him, all Loghain would have to do is spin the tale whatever way he wished. "The Grey Warden's attacked me, they're trying to get rid of the witness to their crimes." Those that were against him won't be able to say much against this, because the attack would 'prove' Loghain's words.

The Grey Warden's won't be able to defend themselves in court because they have no political standing anymore. A failed assassination attempt is likely the best thing that could happen to Loghain's rule. Even if the public still don't fully believe his words, that will lose the Grey Wardens a lot of supporters. A spying operation is probably the best bet to do the least amount of harm to the Grey Wardens' image in this situation.

Ara
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:37 pm

I agree. Trying to kill Loghain will end badly...

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:18 pm

hmm I guess I didn't think about that, you've got a point. still I think Ryuu wouldn't pass up the chance, he could get away with to by claiming to still be part of the crows

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Well, and this is certainly just a random idea that came to me, but what if they (and by they, I mean maybe one or two of the group who decided it would be best to kill him without consulting everyone else, maybe)actually succeeded? Then the main problem would be trying to end a Blight with Anora probably really pissed at them, and almost certainly a civil war brewing. It might give us cause to diverge a lot and maybe visit some of those other countries, maybe trying to get support from elsewhere so as to end the blight with an actual army or something?

Obviously, this can be shot down at lightspeed, but it was just something that occurred to me out of nowhere.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:58 pm

O_O I likes that idea ^^

Soki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:00 am

I really do like Kur's reasoning there. And just because I'm set on Loghain getting assassinated. It really will help diverge the party into Antiva which is the next planned area after the Circle of Magi adventure which comes after this ball idear. Perhaps Ryuu will want revenge and he can somehow already know Tiaryn and they both decide to attack Loghain. Or whomever else wants in. Then they all have to skeedaddle out of there and stop at the Circle of Magi tower for various reasons (check in all 'hey takin' these mages and your Templars' sorta deal) and discover that the tower is in grave danger.

Fammikins
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:09 am

hmm, i could work that in with Ryuu no problem, in my mind his history is vast just like Zev's was XD

Soki
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!