Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Good Evening, Monsters.

Good Evening, Monsters.

a part of “Good Evening, Monsters.”, a fictional universe by Wudgeous.

No war. No apocalypse. Just a job offer. [ Dead, but feel free to wander. :) ]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Good Evening, Monsters.”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Good Evening, Monsters.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:51 pm

Updates to the roleplay and its ooc threads will be posted here through edits! Check back frequently! :)

August 11, 2011: Are these stars screwing each other and producing offspring? A third, I daresay, a third! Hello, you little tike, you.
First post now up, which means you accepedated kids can get rollin' if you so choose. Be sure to look at yesterday's update for those who haven't already!

+Also updated the FAQ with some fairly important questions. THEY'RE ALL FAIRLY IMPORTANT otherwise they wouldn't be on there. (Unless you amuse and/or insult me, and I decide to be a dick and post it for all to see in response). ALSOALSO, spankin' new NPC section.

+It seems... the most effective, best problem-solving response to the little issues that come up in this roleplay is "ABE'S YO DADDY!" Expect me to use that exact phrasing from now on and forever.

+Whoever it was that liked GE,M on facebook: you dork. But I love you anyway. <3 Dawwwwies.

--

August 10, 2011: Oh! Now there's a second star! How peculiar. Anyhow, reminder that tomorrow we're posting in this place and NOT the activity tab! If you post there.. well, I won't particularly care, but I won't be posting there. <:[ More importantly, EVERYONE WILL BE ARRIVING AND MEETING UP IN OHIO ON THE DAY OF THE RP. Yes, they can arrive early, but keep in mind I don't want EVERYONE already there. xD We want that vibe of newness, the smell of adventure in the morning, good stuff like that.~
Try to describe what your character's trip was like, as well as how they've prepared themselves (at the site of the mission? Before heading out?) and how they're now headed to the meeting place (which is outside the local airport, so some might already be there! Some might have been closer to the site of the mission, and thus were forced to drive to the airport AND THEN BACK TO THE SITE. 8D Hurhur.)

+For those of you who don't yet have your apps in, SORRY! You've missed the very first mission (I have posts to write and ideas to gather, no time for crit OTL), but you'll still get to be on the second mission and/or onwards. Just be patient. :)

+Who marked this post with one lone star! Jerk. u___u Anyhow, Wudge intends to be absent for most of today, but might still be able to drop a crit here and there for the last minute submissions. We've got seven nine kiddies accepted so far though, which is a nice and healthy number.
Remember, we're starting TOMORROW!! Any apps not in by that time will have to wait till the second mission to officially join up (which ain't a big deal, just be patient!~)

-----

August 8, 2011: No problems thus far, so We are starting on the 11th! Mark your calendars, kiddies, and get ready to roll. Any character not in by that time will have to wait until after the first mission in order to be officially joined, even if you're accepted on the character tab.

+You guys wanna start up on the 11th? 10th would have been a bit more perfect, but Wudge would be busy turning twenty, haha. c:>

----

August 7, 2011: We now have an IC thread! We're not ready to start quite yet, but go ahead and subscribe to it. The "Activity Tab" doesn't give us notifications, after all, and I personally hate how older posts come after the newer ones. Also, there's information on how this is all going to work. Qualms? Lemme know. <3

+THIS ROLEPLAY IS NOW RATED R. Thanks to some characters. >>:| Strong cussing, nudity and gore, guys, we're gonna have it. But no sex. I AM GOING TO BE FIRM ABOUT THIS! Or else we'd, you know, be kicked off rpgateway since it's against the rules. :Da

----

August 6, 2011: Abe complete for the mo'. Wudge sad. Can't critique my own profiiiiile. Critique for me, guys? Pleasey wheeze?

+YO, VAMPIRES! Calling all bloodsuckers!! Don't panic if I'm taking a while to get to your app; remember, I'm making a vampire, too, even if he is old. I don't want to be influenced by and rip off any awesome idea you have, just as I'm sure you don't want to be influenced by anything of mine. :) We want uniqueness and individuality, after all!
Ebenezer should be done sometime today though.~

+PLEASE CHECK THE INTRO TAB AND REFRESH! TO SEE WHO'S DOING WHAT! Specifically, look to the Races and Slots section. While the fact that someone has a reservation in a full slot does not mean you can't have a reservation too, it's good to be aware of what the others are aiming for. :) Prevents us from having 213,342 humans and 1 vampire reserved, for example! [Edit: Whoa, I predicted the future.]

---

August 5, 2011: It begins. So far so good! The tab and threads SHOULD be complete for the moment. Problems? Notice anything off? Lemme know!
+GUYS, WE NOW HAVE TWO WEREWOLVES BEING WORKED ON! Unless you're a competitive bastard; probably ought to turn thine eyes to another race. xD Okay, the races being applied for have kinda evened out, so I'm stressing much less. :) You kiddies are wonderful!
+Got our first FAQ question!! Fairly good one that applies to everyone, check it out! <3
+Also, just noticed my character skeleton looks kind of hideous. :( FEEL FREE TO MAKE IT FANCIER!! Adding fields is not a problem, just don't remove anything unless it says something like "(optional)."
Last edited by Wudgeous on Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:46 am, edited 19 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Good Evening, Monsters.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Casla on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:15 pm

First question from me, which probably falls under 'intensive discussion with the GM' in the werewolf section, but I'll ask it here since I can't PM yet. (This is also me asking for a reservation on the werewolf slot here, for the reason I just mentioned)

Are werewolves born through inheriting the curse from one of their parents or do they have the lycanthropy transmitted to them via infection (being wounded by the claw of a werewolf but not killed, or something to that effect)? Or both, perhaps. If it can be inherited from a parent, I've got a rough idea knocking around in my head that as to how it would make sense, since it would be a bit odd for a baby to transform into a werewolf or something. :D

Also will it matter where they are currently living in relation to the start of the RP? I'm pretty sure I read through everything so sorry if I missed that, feel free to berate me to your hearts content if I did.

Sidenote: 'That mirror thing' had me cracking up.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Casla
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:35 pm

Aw darn. xD GET THOSE TEN POSTS IN! No, I don't mind actually, hahaha.

I rather prefer infection, but with both... that could be very interesting. So long as it doesn't contradict the fact that the werewolf population is sparse, I will be very pleased. :) I encourage you to work with it!

And eeehhhhmmm. Kinda? This, I will put into the FAQ. Living space is briefly mentioned in the character skeleton, but no details concerning how it relates to the roleplay. No berating for you!
Your character will be required to fly from their house (wherever that is) to Ohio, USA before the roleplay begins. Some people might start their first post in an airport, for example. They will be receiving a meeting place and a list of phone numbers soon afterwards. One or two might be from the area and drive in. Or if you have a witch who knows levitation....
The technical answer is no, it doesn't matter too terribly, but it would if your OC has little means of getting around. No, actually, Abe will arrange something for you if he musts, pay for it and everything. NEVER MIND, IT DON'T MATTER!~

.... BABY WEREWOLF? Just... yipping, thrashing around in its crib. Ripping up their squeaky mobiles and stuffed animals. I love it. It might be too silly though.

Sidenote: Good.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:25 pm

I kind of want to be a douche-bag and reserve the werewolf position, too. So that there's an immense, passionate race for it. Passionate, I says! But, not really. I'll let you guys fight it out. Hrm, well then. I was gonna just copy and paste my response from Wudgey's initial PM relaying how I want my brother from another mother to pick a slot for me, or reserve, rather.

Mayhaps I'll make a vampire. I'm tempted to make a human, but no no no. The sparkling essence inside is begging, pleading, on it's hands and knees, to make Edward Cullen... I mean, to make a dastardly vampire with a penchant for romance novels, crumpets and crocheting.

Something like that, anyway. Vampire's aren't all dreary cannibalism and trudging through dark alleyways, y'know?

Side note: "Unf unf unf."
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:26 pm

Not terribly sure how this is going to work, due to the fact this is formatted completely differently than other things I'm familiar with.

I have a character that might work well with this, profile already built out and would take some quick editing but... I don't think the race would be acceptable.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Casla on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:36 pm

I've got no problem with passionate races, or races, or just passionate anything. All is fair in love and war... or uh, character submission...

Pretty thankful for Izoi breaking the 'Sidenote:' streak there, I was starting to regret having said it. :D

Casla
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:41 pm

WHOOPS, HI AGAIN YONBI. I see you found the OOC on your own after all. xD Okay let's link back to my other response.

You know, I wouldn't mind if someone made an Edward Cullen sort....... who is physically badass despite being ultimately stupid over romance novels. :D Aw yeahuh. Mayhaps a dhampir. -rainbow jazz hands-
CRUMPETS AND CROCHETING HIGHLY APPROVED. Trumpets, too? Please? It's a very nice hobby. I'll go ahead and reserve a vamp spot for you, but you can change your mind if you want and I'll move it over. :) <3
Though I think my usage of the word "reservation" is wrong... oh well, I'll figure that out laters.

Hemmm? You got a unicorn or dragon up your sleeve, Izoi? Because those are unacceptable just... because they don't really fit. Otherwise, so long as they're humanoid, folkloric creatures that can talk should be fine! (Unless they're that amazing. I do like severe the speech impediment sorts, though it's extremely difficult to roleplay because you only have body language to work with). I see you're one of those "I USE ONLY PRE-GENERATED CHARACTERS!!!" people though.
I am also one of those. <3 Which is why I'm glad I'm only GMing and technically not part of this roleplay, haaaa.

Edit: All is fair in passion........ No, actually that's terrible. Cas, look what you made me say. :( I just justified the behavior of sluts everywhere because of you. (On second edit, is this even a bad thing? Oh hoh hoh hoh.)

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:58 pm

Actually I'm not one of those I use only Pre generated characters people, I just happen to see a opening for a character I have that I rarely get to use.
No no dragon or unicorns... never really thought up one of those as a character to be honest. Simply because the brain doesn't easily comprehend "anthropomorphic"
As for your deal about dhampire.. that's the sort of character I have >.>; I want a chance to exploit her weaknesses and flaws, not to mention explore the character more than I've really had opportunity for.
Bu dhampire I mean half human/half vampire in a more traditional sense.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:11 pm

Oh, we can work with that! :) Terminology trouble is all it is. I just kinda nabbed a word at the time, I'm sure you could tell--busy with trying to add humor in every other damned paragraph and making sure the formatting wasn't overwhelming and the coding and the ladida. Thank God that's over with.

Is there a word for a "purebred" vampire, you think? Because I find it totally legit for a dhampir to be weaker----okay, hold up, lemme demonstrate my thoughts with equations.

Vampire Male + Vampire Female = Strong, fully vampiric demon baby!

Human Male + Vampire Female = Weaker halfling, "Dhampir."

Vampire Male + Human Female = Strong, fully vampiric demon baby. Why? I do not believe a vampire man can have sex with a woman without biting her; and considering the circumstances, he'll probably bite her to death. :| But if he loves her, he can Turn her!~ So, full vampire baby, or else the mom is too dead for it to come into existence.

So yeah, there's nothing preventing you from apping a legit dhampir. :) Keep in mind though, the OC still needs to be valuable to the team somehow. Good at non-vampiric means of fighting, perhaps, or anything else you can come up with (if not related to fighting, the character should still have some self-defense skills, however little. Wouldn't do to stay behind on missions all by yourself!)

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:36 pm

Wudgeous... for reference in Balkan lore it's a Vampire Father and a Human Mother, and they are by no means "weak", but not always as strong as a pure vampire. Please check sources as there are many versions. :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhampir

I understand that the OC needs to be valuable to the team other than fighting.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:40 pm

Izoi... look, you'll learn that I use words carelessly. :) Needn't take everything I say so seriously. And while normally I do enjoy research, I am moreso enjoying coming up with the majority things from scratch this time around. Please understand that. Thanks!~ And apologies if that does not sit well with you.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Casla on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:42 pm

As far as proficiency goes I always saw the Dhampir as being pretty interesting for its versatility, having similar but weaker powers to their purebred counterpart, but lacking the same weaknesses. Like trying to make the scales more even, rather than "in ____ situation I'm extremely powerful and in ____ situation I'm useless".

Edit: Kind of like a swiss army knife!

Wudgeous wrote:Cas, look what you made me say.

Me?! I feel like some horrible crime was just commited that I somehow instigated. Absolutely shameful.
Just kidding. *Bro fist*.
Last edited by Casla on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casla
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Casla on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:44 pm

Oops, Double post. :(

Casla
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:00 pm

Cas, could you like, marry me right now? Please? YOU HAVE WONDERFUL WORDING, each sentence you write, even in stinking OOC, is such a joy to read. Like water. Smooth and silky and cool to the touch. Yonbi, you don't mind me having another spouse, do you?
Maybe I'm exaggerating because I'm tired. BUT I LOVE YOUUUU, CAAAAS.
Look, I increased the font size and everything. True, pure love, baby.
But you are shameful though. u_u <3

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:23 pm

lol Casla. Swiss Army knife of the supernatural world!

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby O'Grodney on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:48 am

I was unavoidable detained for a matter of hours but Ciest la Ve amirightoramiright? Anyway I'm pretty much done as it gets. Its long winded and mostly crap but I have a few gems, I think you may particularly enjoy his personal history section (seriously skip to that part first it explains quite a bit.)

O'Grodney
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:54 am

LONG-WINDED IS A GOOD THING!
I don't think I'll be getting to the two completed profiles till tomorrow, since I'm blurring out a bit... God am I digging my own grave. Are there going to be like, suddenly six more profiles by tomorrow or something? Must wake up early just in case. <:|
But dude, Seamus's name... no, seriously? xD Haha, that took me a moment to realize that whole damned thing was his name. Epiiic. He'd be friggin royalty where I'm from with a full name like that! (Edit: Nope!~~ Tee hee.)

But good news! Maybe I'm jinxing it, but I think we've got enough reservations to not crash and burn for the moment. :) Happy Wudge is happy. LOVE YOU GUYS!

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:08 pm

OKAY!

Put me down as a reserved Witch character. OMG. She's liking, clawing her way out of my body and mind and she's tearing my heart out.

<_< Yes... my characters do that to me a lot.

Unfortunately, as most know, characters are inspired by songs (for me...) and I can't remember what song I was listening to when she was born...
How sad. ;-;

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:04 pm

Awww, dern it. Maybe when I read her profile I'll have something for you? Not that my mental song inventory is anything impressive. xD Reserved, and CAN'T WAIT TO MEET HER! <333333333

Smalltalk-in-a-vain-attempt-to-encourage-activity Time! You guys have pets? What have they been up to today? :)
The Wudge has two fat cats and they are lounging like queens, expecting food four hours too early.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reap13er on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:36 pm

Fun fact my profile is named after my cat. She is a smaller cat that whines all the time. Especially when she wants me to pay with her or pet her. I got a laser light that she goes crazy over.

reap13er
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!