Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Blurry Lines: Crossing Them

Newspaper Articles

a part of “Blurry Lines: Crossing Them”, a fictional universe by That One Guy.

The prologue has given but a glimpse of the twisted world between vigilantes and villains. But now that our cast is almost complete, the battle is about to begin. -always accepting literates-

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Blurry Lines: Crossing Them”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Newspaper Articles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:51 am

Blurry Lines Newspaper

Prologue xx ICxx OOC xx Tab xx NPCs

I will be periodically putting up what is written in the newspaper of the city we are in. It may contain information helpful to you, I suggest you read what I take the time to put down. It also helps you keep up with current events in the city.

First article is..

Daily Metro

Hello citizens of Metro, I regret to inform you of a situation worsening as we speak. As many of you know, Metro Daily has been bringing you news and updates that cover the going-ons of the city’s vigilantes and there unwanted bustle. We have given you faces and names in an effort that you, the good citizen, report them whenever you can. However, we are surprised to say that today our top news is not about them, but rather someone very different. For those of you who know him, you won’t be surprised at what he has done, for those of you who don’t let me fill you in.

His name is Flawless, no really, and he fits the bill of his namesake too. Arriving apparently from a station out in space, he landed here is Metro City and took the underground crime boss’ by the scruff of their necks and made them his dogs. All while keeping a relatively low profile, their loyalty to him is such that even I was unable to get a word out of any of my contacts or from the bosses themselves. Flawless has been a hush subject. You can imagine that someone who accomplished that much within his first few days in the city might have bigger plans. These plans came to light just last night. At exactly eight o’clock, an army of gang goons wearing official clothing began patrolling the west downtown end streets and ordering everyone out to go home. Force was used and a few casualties gone unnamed have been confirmed. This strange occurrence was explained via broadcast by none other than Flawless himself. He came on air at about nine o’clock and went on to explain that this was now going to happen every night. A curfew, instated and enforced by himself and his men was to occur. He went on to explain that several other procedures were to take place, such as policy and bans. He informed the people of western downtown Metro that he was going to create a ‘Utopia’ for them, a place with complete order and contentment, and they were his first lucky test subjects for such an environment. Thus far I have only been able to scrap a few ‘rules’ that this Utopia area must fallow, and they are alarmingly precise and controlling. They read as fallows:

Crimes will be eliminated
    All income generated will be forwarded to my agents and disperced accordingly back to the people
    Curfew is at 8 o'clock sharp
    Students are required to perform to the best of their ability
    Behavior will be monitored and checked
    Resistance will be met with punishment that is possibly fatal

And not one person who struggled was spared. I am sorrowful to add that within the week Flawless plans to expand this Utopia environment, and although officials have tried to come back with a force, they have all failed to complete their mission or stay alive. A force that is frightful has been unleashed citizens of Metro, and we urge that everyone get out while they still can.
(°□°)┻━┻
FUCK TABLES

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

That One Guy
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!