Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Carnes High: Human School?

Carnes High: Human School?

a part of “Carnes High: Human School?”, a fictional universe by ShadtheWerepire.

Welcome Carnes High: Monster... er.. Human School. As monster students return to a new year they find way more than 2 human students.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Carnes High: Human School?”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Carnes High: Human School?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GamerX on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:00 pm

By chance does anyone know what a spell tag is?

For those that don't what I understand them as are pieces of paper that have magic held within them. Depending on what is written or drawn on the spell tag depends on the effect that happens when it is used. The one activating the spell tag does not need to be able to use magic themselves. In addition it doesn't matter what type of magical energy is infused with the tag to give it power, the true effect comes from what is written or drawn on the spell tag itself. Do not confuse this with an alchemy circle as they are quite different is the effects they can cause. The spell tags can have effects raging from healing magic to necromancy to simple offence/defense spells.
I'm my own boss; I make money from doing whatever I want. I could be on here all day and night and still make money. Want to know how? Want in on this fun? Check out WorldVentures.biz and look through the 1: Life is a trip, 2: A life of adventure, and 3: Your journey awaits and watch the videos to find out how. If your interested and want to sign up let me know so I can give you my Sponsor ID that is needed when you click the 'Sign-up today' button in the top right corner of that page.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

GamerX
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BekaL101 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:10 pm

Oh pick me, pick me! I know, I know! Why, you got something planned, Gamer?
"What is the price of eternal life? To be unable to walk in the sun ever again - to part with complete finality from the world in which you've lived all your life never to return for all eternity."

"One who knows nothing can understand nothing" ~Ansem

“A true friend stabs you in the front. "

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BekaL101
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VioletSnow on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:14 pm

That's giving the humans an awful lot of power dontcha think? I mean for them to be able to do virtually anything is kind of defeating the purpose isn't it? But who am i to talk xD

VioletSnow
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElizTheWerePire on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:24 pm

<3<3 I officially love Anabella :)

ElizTheWerePire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GamerX on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:51 pm

There is a downfall to the spell tags sadly. They only work with one of two things and only one time each. Defensive ones only protect against either magic attacks or physical and activating one deactivates the other. Also the defensive spell tags must stay in tact and not be damage or they are rendered useless. The offensive spell tags must be ripped and they only go in a straight line. The healing ones must be ripped and can only be used once. Basically they are one time use spells that can only have one active at a time. They are highly flawed against multiple enemies and useless without both the perfect knowledge to create (as they end up exploding when using one made wrong) and a firm will (without this it will fizzle or fail to be used; makes it hard for monster lovers to using these unless they heal) the user is doomed. Also the magic must willing come from the magic user or the spell tag won't even be able to backfire or fizzle. Another downfall is that in order for the spell tags to be charged they must at least say what type they are (offensive, defensive, mind [psychic based powers], body [anything like healing or body enhancements], soul [shape sifting], or practical [like cooking or something like that]) before they can be charged. With that bit of information they can't even hold a charge, but with it the spell tag can be specified into which sub type they are. If the main type (offensive, defensive, ect) is changed the charge is lost.

Don't ask how I know about the details on these, it is a long story I don't feel like typing.

Basically for Jenny all she would be able to use are non-combat ones on herself or (in some cases) the creatures. She adores monster, demons, and the sort too much to harm them and will have second thoughts on using them.

So the only way Jenny will be able to use them is if she doesn't die first. XD Poor Jenny she only has her intellect to defend herself thanks to her love for monsters. Well, at least she can be of help to others....if she can get a magic user to willingly give her some charge on the spell tags.

GamerX
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfoftheage on Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:33 pm

@gamer yes i know what your talking about and im gonna go ahead and ask how do you know the details im somewhat curious.

wolfoftheage
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:48 pm

@Meesha Well in a way I think we've come full circle....to Yani and (ironically) Winter! And once again I'm the one blissfully ignorant of how my running mouth could earn me an unpleasant demise...

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:59 pm

No (excessive) spell tags and that's the end of that... humans are humans the only assistance they are allowed are gifts given to them by monsters but no human can generate enchanted objects on their own. (For example- humans can't enchant weapons, they can draw alchemy circles but can not use them without the assistance of a hirule or other aura altering monster) The main point is, if a human plans on using a lot of spell tags don't use them at all, if it's appropriate usage it's fine, truth is a spell tag would not give any human a chance against monsters and thus is a pointless thing unless it adds something storywise.

Jenny can not have an ability with spell tags unless a monster is supporting her in it, and there has to be some sort of exchange (I'm huge on equal exchange, something like "I'll make you spell tags if you give me bits of your soul"-deal with a kitsune or have a monster help her with a ritual that unlocks soul related powers which increases soul energy so she can use these spell tags where something is given up)

Mention I have no idea what's going on, I didn't even read all the stuff on the spell tags... I'm going to catch up soon. So if I'm misinterpreting the most recent posts on the OOC sorry, it's late and I probably shouldn't be commenting right now... -_-'

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VioletSnow on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:09 pm

shad please accept adelle! :)

VioletSnow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:24 pm

*edit* just see my other post....
Last edited by ShadtheWerepire on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfoftheage on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:31 pm

????

wolfoftheage
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Sorry that made zero sense -_-' Gamerx/Jenny's posts so far have been frustrating me. clearly she was trying too hard to reveal the monster secrets and she was making too many assumptions. Crystal handled the ordeal very well as far as I saw but Gamerx continued to push her character's knowledge and while amber said they were monsters in her "neighborhood" Jenny jumped right to thinking the monsters are at the school. She also makes the connection between the mysterious events and shadows way too quickly, as I keep reading I hope Kiera gives her a good scare because I'm so far not liking where this is heading...

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfoftheage on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:41 pm

Ahhh ok

wolfoftheage
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:51 pm

, "No thank you. I refuse to abide to your offer, and judging how things look about this school I don't think you will force it out. After all I am sure the punishment for forcing me would be quite harsh. With you having magic and I having none and some teachers clearly siding with the humans here. Well I wouldn't want to think what type of things you would be forced to do." - Jenny

XD this made it worth it.... because in reality the only teacher on their side is Desmond... I don't think they'd care if Anabella took out her eyes, and I do enjoy humans making fools of them selves... Sorry I'm in a horribly evil mood tonight...

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:08 am

I kinda feel like I'm playing a bit of a boring role at the moment! Sorry if my posts are lacking sizzle. :P I just figure this RP has a lot of 'extreme' characters already, so I'm deliberately making Winter a bit of a chill-Bill buffoon.

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VioletSnow on Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:25 pm

So who is Adelle rooming with?

VioletSnow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elrith Eldwind on Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:53 pm

Oh crap, I didn’t expect the situation to be defused when they opened the door… um, now I have to come up with why Kalen is mad at him.

P.S.: The humans aren;t the weak ones, in a way, nor boring. They get to cause all the rouble. It's good that the human's get upitty with the monsters, it gives the monsters an excuse to mess with them and then it gives those that protect them the excuse to kick the crap out of the other monsters Plus Human's are simply smarter than monsters, the monsters are to hubris and think a human could never hurt them, so if they find a way to do so then the monsters will always be caught off guard. At least that's how i see it.

Elrith Eldwind
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:04 pm

Peh...what a load of rubbish (coming from a monsters point of view ;P)

Adelle...can be roomed with us - u -

Meesha
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElizTheWerePire on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:12 pm

Hey! So I dont have time to post a responce....but i promise i shall tomorrow morning or afternoon depending on how much time i have in the morning...Could you guys give me a chance and hold of your responces?

In the menwhile you can debate whether kiera should
a. continue screwing with Jenny right in front of Desmond and save elrith from having to come up witha reason Kalen is angry with Desmond
or
b. act totally innocent as in "Oh We were just making a bet on if Jenny could defend herselffrom us." and screw with Desmond and elrith cause then he has to come up with an excuse?

Opinions? I'm open to other courses of action too if anyone has a totally evil plan XD

ElizTheWerePire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:56 pm

I'd say be aggressive, don't just mess with Jenny at this point, threaten her life, she knows about monsters. I don't see why all the monsters are fine with this... It's always been a rule that humans shouldn't know about the existence of monsters, unfortunately we have few to no monsters at the moment who are effected by this because none of our current monsters feed off of humans completely and normally revealing their secret would be a problem. I wish I could drag Shad back into this but he wouldn't be of any help now that he's "good."

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!