Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Tamer Wars

Tamer Wars

a part of “Tamer Wars”, a fictional universe by DarkPhoenix.

The time for the Tamer League has come, new and old will clash in this game of monsters, but who will come out on top.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Tamer Wars”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Tamer Wars

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkPhoenix on Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:08 pm

If you have any questions, please leave them here, I will be sure to get back to them as soon as possible.

"Tamer Wars"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DarkPhoenix
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Tamer Wars

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:38 pm

This does look pretty cool. And, you seem to be one of the few with an actual idea/story/something that forces the RP to move. A quick question 'bout those gauntlets though? Do they need to be just... plain silver? Or can we have custom ones? (Because that would be fraggin' awesome!)

We'll be working on my character now, anything we need to keep in mind? Aside from the sheet and the information you presented us?

Cheers,

Archlkan
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MapleDragon14 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:58 pm

definitely interested in this one. this is one of the most interesting things i've seen so far. if we don't get enough people, we should retry this one.

MapleDragon14
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlueWind_22 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:05 pm

Definately an awesome idea.... already working on my character XD
The price of being a sheep is boredom.
The price of being a wolf is Loneliness.
Choose one or the other with great care.

-Hugh Macleod

BlueWind_22
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkPhoenix on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:56 pm

@Archlkan - Thank you for the complements, the gauntlets are silver when you first buy them, but your character can customize them.

@maple- thank you, i worked hard on this.

@ Blue- can't wait to see the character

DarkPhoenix
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:14 pm

So... The demon's can be anything I can think of?

Say like... A white mage-like fairy?
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby badboyej on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:22 pm

A very interesting rp! May a reserve a spot?
I should get a carrie done by tomorrow :3

badboyej
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JustQuit on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Very nice. Reserve me a spot.

JustQuit
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkPhoenix on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:00 pm

@Talisman- yes a demon can be anything you want them to be, but like i said in the intro if this is a custom monster that your character wants just for them self it will cost them. But if its a demon that can be found on the reservations then its free... to make a long story short if you want no one else to have that demon then its custom..(I need to work on explaining things in fewer words.)

@Bad- spot reserved

@ Just- Spot reserved

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask

Edit: Also I added a new section that tells you how a tamer can enter the Tamer League, if there are any questions about that or if you have ideas you want to run by me let me know.

DarkPhoenix
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JustQuit on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:21 pm

I have submitted my character. Tell me if he needs any changes.

JustQuit
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkPhoenix on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:13 am

yea, I saw it interesting character, I accepted it

also, i added a skill section in the character sheet, I forgot to put it in earlier. This is where you can put all the skills your character has.

DarkPhoenix
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:58 am

Submitted Ash. I still haven't got his history down because that's a big juicy chuck of information I have yet to compile and dump... Soon, though, soon.

I lied. History is up and running.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkPhoenix on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:42 am

I accepted him, interesting character. This is shaping up to be a very entertaining.

DarkPhoenix
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arcanus on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:23 am

This reminds me of Shin Megami Tensei mixed with a little Pokémon. And I like that, so I think I'll give this RP a shot. Reserve me a spot in case I don't get my character up today, 'kay?

Arcanus
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:40 am

Okay, submitted a character. Hope she's okay. Because I edited quite a lot of your sheet, as well as added a few things here and there which might seem a little... confusing. Anywho, should it need editing, just say so. (=P)

@Arcanus:
Lol, I had that same thought. Now I think about it, those monsters are named the same (Or at least I thought they were called Demons) and are summoned by a similar, if not the same type of device as the gauntlet. (xD)

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arcanus on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:59 am

Yep, they're demons all right. But in that game, the gauntlet is called a COMP, right? I haven't played the first SMT games, but I do know my stuff.

I think I'm gonna use a character I already created, just altered as necessary. I wonder if I could make my tamer a demon, actually?

Arcanus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:51 am

Lol, a tamer that is also a demon? Wut? xD

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arcanus on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:03 am

Well I dunno. It's a thought. It'd be a good reason for my character to relate especially well to his demon and not relate at all to other humans. It would also be another reason for him to have powerful magic attacks. But maybe it's a bad idea. If it is, then I'll just make him human.

Arcanus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkPhoenix on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:34 am

@ Arcanus, the idea is interesting, however to create a human/demon. a human would need to be tested on, Now that may cause a little controversy within the general public. People would begin to wonder if this human/demon hybrid would be able to use its powers against other humans. The answer of course would be a yes seeing as humans have free will unlike demons, so that idea although an interesting one would probably end badly for the game.

However if you want your character to relate to demons more than humans, why not make it that your character lived with demons on the reservations. The reason why would be completely up to you, or you can go with the basic idea of the Tamer developing a deeper bond with their demon than usual. I just have to point out developing a deep bond with your demons might make your character not want to battle unless forced to seeing as the Tamer is putting the Demon through the battle, its like a general commanding his/her troops, when the general develops a bond with the soldiers they don't want to see them get hurt. (But demons don't die, so...I'm just pointing out things that should be considered.)

As for the influence SMT was not one that influenced me, but now that I think about it there are some similarities. My main influence was a mix of all different kinds of games/anime/books that involved monsters. So yea for some people it might seem like a darker form of Pokemon for others SMT with a twist. Its up for debate, I just like to see it as abstract, it is what you want it to be.

DarkPhoenix
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arcanus on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:43 am

Maybe the whole half-demon thing will be a twist, I dunno. Uh, If we're gonna keep talking about this, it's probably best to take it to PMs to avoid spoiling a potential side-story for the others. That is, if you're going to allow that. I have an idea if you will allow my character to have a side-story of his own, but if not then I'll just make him human.

I'm indecisive, what can I say? ¦3

Arcanus
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!