Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

As the Pendulum Swings

As the Pendulum Swings

a part of “As the Pendulum Swings”, a fictional universe by NotAFlyingToy.

{Mature} The slow swinging reminds you; every second is a fight. {{Closed to new joiners.}}

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “As the Pendulum Swings”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] As the Pendulum Swings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotAFlyingToy on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:12 am

As the Pendulum Swings

This be mah OOC. >:D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NotAFlyingToy
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: [OOC] As the Pendulum Swings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quantumlegacy on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:38 am

Lulz at the thing before you type now. But anyway, glad to see another decent looking zombie thing pop up. Going to apply and see how it goes.

I had a question though, I'll end up submitting what I have when I'm done anyway but will we be starting off separately or together? That highly determines what I've been doing the past 6 days of infection.
Role-play forever.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Quantumlegacy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotAFlyingToy on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:18 am

Sounds good man. Look forward to your character.

I should adress that now, I suppose. You'll most likely be split up, depending on the amount of players I manage to get.

NotAFlyingToy
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotAFlyingToy on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:17 am

Hey guys,

So today's quite busy for me, and I regret to say that I won't be accepting characters until tomorrow in all likelihood. This is because I don't have time to read every character, and I feel that you guys deserve that for jumping on board this crazy idea of mine.

So, to reiterate, characters being read and approved tomorrow.

Thanks,

Naft.

NotAFlyingToy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:48 pm

Finally finished my character xp
(°□°)┻━┻
FUCK TABLES

That One Guy
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:25 am

Haha Smrt I love how your little icon photo is a pry-bar.

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Architect on Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:05 am

Everytime I tried to miniaturize the actual photo it wouldn't go through so I said: "fuck it, I'll use a crowbar"

Architect
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quantumlegacy on Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:06 pm

Glad to see this having filled up quickly, let's hope it takes off well as well.

Quantumlegacy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:52 pm

damn, we have to many girly characters all the sudden?!

That One Guy
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotAFlyingToy on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:57 pm

Attention, the few and the faithful!

I am so proud that you all hopped on this idea so quickly. Even though I had to close it to the public some time ago, it still seems like people are scrabbling over each other. Since this was largely a trial for a bigger roleplay idea I have, I'm pleased to have so much support.

So now, I announce.

We are beginning on Monday, December 5th, 2011. I'll post up the first plot-relevant post, and you all can follow me down. In the introduction, I've listed two "groups" that are formed. These are not permanent, and you need not follow them. They're merely to say which survivors are in each area, and I've split them up as evenly as I can.

The posting 'guide' is simple - at the top of your post, make a quick bolded line about which character the post follows and the current location. This is to avoid confusion for us, the readers who are following this adventure.

Another good question was asked by Mid - "If we get bitten, will be able to play our characters as a zombie until they're dead-dead?" The answer is a resounding hell yes. Unless your character dies of natural causes (being shot, stabbed, dying of flu etc) you can most certainly play the undead version until you cannot go anymore.

Now let's go ruin some character's lives.

NotAFlyingToy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quantumlegacy on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:59 am

Aight, I'm about to begin typing my post. I was busy for most of the evening that I was awake yesterday. I should have it up within an hour or two. Maybe less if I get inspired. Seems per usual, this post is about getting into the world more then finding anyone or doing anything. :)

EDIT:

Alright I posted even though I had to wait for the 502 bad gateway to go away. I ended up cutting out chunks of my post so it might not all make sense but for the most part after proof-reading it afterward it sounded okay. I decided I would downsize after I put it in and it came out to 2k+ words. Didn't feel like making you read that much. Most of it was fluff and more detail about what I was going to do after I left at the end of this post. But I also figured I'd just wait to see what happened and leave myself outside.

Quantumlegacy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotAFlyingToy on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:36 am

Hey, gang! It really warms my heart to log in and see that five of you have already taken the first step in joining up in this journey with me.

But because of the size of our group (Pushing twenty!) and the sheer amount of posts we'll have to do to get through a day (unless someone dies... :D) then we'll have to figure out some sort of post order to keep this moving along. This is strictly a post-when-you-have time roleplay (mostly because I don't have much time, myself) so as soon as we start breaking off into groups, I'm going to figure out some kind of posting order that we can all agree on.

I'm going to read all the posts now, and I plan on posting as Devon sometime this week.

Thanks again!

--Naft.

NotAFlyingToy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:44 am

Edit for my location....not sure why I had it wrong, I checked it twice. Anyway now says Downtown like it is supposed to. Apologies.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quantumlegacy on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:35 pm

Loving it so far! We have great group of people.

Quantumlegacy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotAFlyingToy on Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:52 pm

Hey, gang. I'm going to ask that we all hold off on posting until Tiko and Saken post, and then we'll start a new round.

We'll continue in the order that we've started with.

THE ORDER AS FOLLOWS:
NotAFlyingToy (Mark)
Sirpokealot (Alexander Greenhom)
SkullsandSlippers (Natalie Whittle)
Lattia (Kristie Batiste)
Aireana (Leeana Acadi)
Quantumlegacy (Fredrick Venkel)
smrtazz13 (David Ramirez)
CriminalMinds (Candy Murphy)
Smokescreen (Kelsey Knoxberry)
XavierDantius32 (Geoff Matherson)
Script (Robin)
CrowboyToTheRescue (Dr. Alex McDonald)
Nevan (Kyle Jaeger)
Tiko (Rachel Santos)
Saken (Ana Margery Seeder)
Saviarre (Maura DeMaria)

This is to keep it moving and prevent the plot moving too far for people to catch up. If you've already posted, that's fine - just keep this order in mind from here on out!

Thanks,

-Naft.

NotAFlyingToy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quantumlegacy on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Slowness! It drives me BONKERS!

Quantumlegacy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotAFlyingToy on Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:23 pm

New Round! I'll be posting today at some point. And then we begin again!

Sorry for the slow pace initially, gang, but a few of the players (who have contacted me directly) including myself have full plates at the moment. I promise we'll be going as fast as possible!

NotAFlyingToy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saviarre on Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:21 am

I feel so bad that my post took so long. Gotta love things that get in your way, right? Anyway, I'm already working on my next post so hopefully I avoid that problem again. Thanks for your patience, guys!
(thanks for the picture, Mid! I love it!)

Saviarre
Fundraising Hero
Fundraising Hero
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quantumlegacy on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:54 pm

I'm good with people taking their time, I understand life gets in the way. But it still drives me crazy. I'm used to instant gratification. More of a heavy skype, in-person, set times for us to do it kind of person.

Quantumlegacy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:56 pm

Working on a post shortly.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!