Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Mystery of Jerome”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Mystery of Jerome

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dig17 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:06 pm

Ugh, I only see this post AFTER I edit mine when I remembered it wasn't Northern. I feel dumb. My brain is shutting down for Christmas.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dig17
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Slorfae on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:28 pm

None of the characters in this roleplay are going to like each other! Haha. At least, I see a lot of clashing personalities and prejudices and... I can't wait to start. The interactions are going to be delightful.

Especially Drifter, since Jeremy's feminine face is a bit of a sore spot with him!

Pfauxmeh, you may have the whole thing planned and thought out, so this suggestion may be unwanted, but I thought of something while I was doing research for Jeremy's back-story. In 1885, the railway between California and New Mexico was more or less being finished up in Arizona. The next steps in that area would be to connect the part that runs through Flagstaff to the lower railroad that goes between California and Texas, running through Tucson. The area they end up building the railroad is like the exact area your character's dad was tasked to explore, only in the year we'll be playing, it hasn't been built yet. It would seem that would be a very good reason for the government to fund a group of people to explore and map hundreds of miles of ground.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Slorfae
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TardygaitedMewling on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:54 am

Ok! I have everyone's characters and I will be creating mine today. Christmas was kind of busy for me, so now that it's over I can dedicate more time to this!

After I create my character, I will work on the first post. Might take all day, might take only a few hours. Just be patient with me...I tend to be a perfectionist.

Thanks to all of you for participating! I look forward to writing with all of you.

TardygaitedMewling
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TardygaitedMewling on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:56 am

SLORFAE, THAT IS EXCELLENT. I love that idea! How am I seeing this post JUST NOW? :)

TardygaitedMewling
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Slorfae on Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Hurray! Glad to contribute. :D

I love Lila Mae! She's civilized enough that Jeremy will not immediately reject her, and educated enough that he'll feel he's able to talk to her! Even if she is "just a woman."

Man, racism and sexism abound in this RP already.

Slorfae
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:57 pm

Yay! Can't wait to begin. Everyone's charrie is looking great, guys!

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TardygaitedMewling on Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:18 am

Well, today was going to be the day but I noticed that something was off. Prose will not be able to join us. I'll wait one more day for one more character, but if it doesn't happen then I'm moving on! Sorry for the delay.

TardygaitedMewling
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TardygaitedMewling on Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:17 pm

First post is UP!

TardygaitedMewling
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TardygaitedMewling on Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:32 pm

Sorry for a million posts, but I wanted to clarify that I didn't wait. I was tired of waiting. 6 characters should be enough. :)

Also...I know this is a silly request, but is it possible for everyone to do the avatar for their characters? I'm OCD and the "NO IMAGE AVAILABLE" thing is driving me up the wall. Thanks!!

TardygaitedMewling
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dig17 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:47 pm

I'm about to get a post up to resolve things; nobody post before me!

dig17
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:12 pm

How about a please, mister rude?

And resolving things before they get any fun or violent isn't cool ):

But... I'll hold on nonetheless. I'll just have you know that I already had a post typed out and e'erythin'.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TardygaitedMewling on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:31 pm

That was delicious, dig. Sorry that some posts got fucked up, but hopefully we can all come to some agreement on what's next.

Also, trololo at disapproval face.

TardygaitedMewling
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Right posted.

I had to doctor it up a bit to accommodate Dig's post. I wasn't going to completely throw it away.

That being said, Elly's got a bit of a hard ass reputation. That and some people probably have heard of her affiliation with the gang she was last seen in.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TardygaitedMewling on Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:27 pm

I love everything. :D I am seriously over the moon right now...blessed with some really great shit.

TardygaitedMewling
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Slorfae on Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:03 am

Pfauxmeh, I keep trying to upload the 100x100 I made for Jeremy, but just like with the last character I made on this site, I can upload it a bunch of times and the site won't show it. Last time, it eventually showed it after like a week where I didn't do anything to his profile, so I'm hoping the same thing will happen this time.

Working on my post now! Jeremy's not going to pipe up, but he'll grow a pair when you guys leave the bar and run out after y'all. "Wait, wait!"

Slorfae
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:32 am

Yeah, give it time. I uploaded Elly's bloody cross and it didn't show right off. So I said "eff it" because I was lazy and when I returned, shazam, there it was.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Slorfae on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:58 am

As far as I'm concerned, Frank is now totally "that guy who ordered a sandwich." At least, in my mind.

I'm not sure what cross you're referring to, Talisman... an image for her avatar? I see a 100x100 version of the full image you posted in her profile, centered on her face. Is it supposed to be something else?

Slorfae
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:20 am

Weeeell, it's supposed to be a bloody cross like I see... Oh well, see above statement concerning "Eff that"

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:36 am

Posted! I too have had my charrie keep out of the scene in the Saloon so as not to overload things. As soon as Lila et al venture outside, I'll have Ashkii approach her.

Also, in case anyone wanted some references for Old West slang... I found these pretty useful:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... Slang.html
http://www.frontier1859.com/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TardygaitedMewling on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:41 am

I see both of yours, lol. I don't see dig's yet, but I'm sure it's just the site.

K will go read posts now!

TardygaitedMewling
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!