Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Mystery of Jerome”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Mystery of Jerome

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TardygaitedMewling on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:58 pm

I will be posting my character as soon as possible, however, don't expect much activity here until after Christmas! Some of us have places to go and people to see outside of our beloved Roleplay Gateway. ;)

If you have interest in this role play, drop me a line here or claim a character. This will be my first role play, but I promise I'll try my damndest to live up to any expectations you have.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TardygaitedMewling
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Mystery of Jerome

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Slorfae on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:31 am

Oh man oh man oh man, a wild west roleplay. Pfauxmeh, you have answered my prayers.

I would love to play the navigator. May I? It's going to be amazing. I will write up my character and submit him at once, for he has just sprung fully-formed into being.

A couple questions that may affect backstory or his particular details:
Where/when do we begin? Is she recruiting when we begin, or do we have our team and are ready to set out?
Could you give a specific year this takes place, or are we going with generic wild west movie era?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Slorfae
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:32 am

DO WANT.

I have a lovely gunslinger that could be used as a protection character, if you'll have her. She's made for a more fantasy setting but its all too easy to take that away and make her into something realistic. I adore Wild West settings and this looks so promising.
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:34 am

Well, it's been a while since I've been involved in a western that didn't flounder within the first tens of posts... Besides, I need a change of scenery, and this legitimately looks interesting, and the song hooked me.

That being said, I'm probably going to end up as one of the "Protection" fellows, if by protection you mean the Clint Eastwood style badass cowboys. Note, I may or may not being playing that type, just using it as an example. Also~ What is a "Helper" exactly?
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Slorfae on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:02 am

Well, I submitted Jeremy Fuller for your approval. He may need a little convincing since he really doesn't take women seriously, but he'll be sorely tempted by the challenge, and you won't find a better navigator in Jerome.

Aaaaand... it's not till I typed that that I realized his name's pretty similar to the town. Oh well.

I am still interested to know the specific year we'll be playing in, 'cause it will affect whether or not he can quote Pirates of Penzance, or how famous Charles Darwin has become, or if he's been published at all. (Edit: Just looked it up, and Jerome wasn't even a town until 1883, and between then and 1903 it became "the wickedest town in the West"! Thank you, Wikipedia!)

Slorfae
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:26 am

I am totally debating making a badass lady preacher protectionist, merely just to piss Jeremy right the hell off.

Like, seriously. It's been forever since I've tried to preacher angle (Paladins on the other hand...) and the lady bit is because.. Well, I've found myself using a lot of lady characters lately... I have no idea why...

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Slorfae on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:07 am

Ahahaha, your potential badass lady preacher would cause many potential harrumphs from Jeremy, and more than one potential scientific lecture on the improbability of intelligent design. Potentially.

Slorfae
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:40 am

Yeah, I can totally see it now! Right in the middle of the potential lecture, Preacher lady would potentially shove a gun into Jeremy's face, recite a badass bible verse followed by a potentially epic quip (Preferably one about the "intelligent design" of lecturing an armed woman), and pull the trigger and reveal that that chamber was empty. Potentially.

Well, there sure is a lot of potential here if I say so myself.

That being said, if I do go for the badass preacher trope, I will have a reasonable backstory and some characterization thrown in the mix. Being rough like that for only the sake of mere badassry isn't isn't cool, need's some reasons as to why. I'm seeing her being a bandit, something bad happens, finds God, and has trouble adjusting to a pious life. Yes, yes, I can work with this.

If Pfauxmeh can work with two female protectors... I am still unsure about her being female... Eh, I'll sleep on it, see how other characters turn out.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TardygaitedMewling on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:46 am

Hahaha~! All of this interest in my role play makes me ecstatic.

First, I'll answer some questions:
-Wikipedia is awesome. There's no set "year"...was thinking maybe a couple of years after it's formation? 1885. How about that?
-I already have one protectionist accepted, however that preacher lady would be perfect for my "helper" role...the helper was just meant for anything we could think of, such as comic relief or even just an extra set of hands to carry things. I love the idea, so DOOOO it!
-We start where I left off: Lila Mae is recruiting, although she hasn't quite made it obvious yet...maybe the poker players at the other table know something is up...? ;)

Now, some of my own information:
I am so excited someone actually enjoyed the song. Now, did you actually listen to it all the way through, Talisman? :D

If ya can't tell, this entire role play kind of sprang from my love of Puscifer and Maynard James Keenan. Maynard is also the front man of Tool and A Perfect Circle. However, Puscifer has been up and coming since its formation...and the best part is, it's all been independent and works of collaboration through multiple artists (although I think Maynard did most, if not all, of Conditions of My Parole). I recommend that everyone listens to both of Puscifer's main albums, V is for Vagina and Conditions of My Parole...but I'd focus on COMP to get a feel of the amazingness of Puscifer's capabilities.

You should also watch Blood Into Wine, Maynard's documentary about his vineyard collaboration with Merkin's vineyard. That's where I got most of my inspiration from because it's set in Jerome. It's available on Netflix! :D

Now that I'm done promoting my most favorite artist, keep the submissions coming.

Another note...I don't understand why so many on this site are so adamant about PG-13 gore or violence or language. I don't give a fuck. :3

TardygaitedMewling
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:11 am

Hello! Pfauxmeh has kindly created a new role for my proposed character- that of a Navajo mediator/guide- so hopefully I'll be joining you guys. I look forward to getting this up and running! And do feel free to PM me/contact me on the OOC if anyone fancies a bit of sub-plotting involving my character- I'm always up for a brainstorm.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TardygaitedMewling on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:58 am

OH and I forgot to mention:
- Yes, Prose, please do so!
-I think it would be kind of funny to have the Navajo step all over the Navigator from time to time...since this is his native land and he would know a lot about it above most people. What do you think?

TardygaitedMewling
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:32 pm

Yep, definitely! I guess the 'navigator' is more a cartographer if he's the one drawing the map... Ashkii certainly couldn't do that but he could take pleasure in loudly pointing out his occasional mistakes.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Slorfae on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:55 pm

Well! A Navajo chap would be a much better navigator than a nose-in-a-book white guy! Though I still think Jeremy would be useful in other ways...?

Thanks for accepting my character! I uploaded a picture for him but now I have to go to work so I'll write his history when I get home :\

Loving the two other characters, by the way! This is going to be fantastic.

And Pfauxmeh, last night I put that song on repeat and couldn't stop. I'm going to have to buy all their music now. Funny thing is I didn't even realize "Verde" was a link until Talisman said "the song hooked me" and then I was like "What song?" So I went and clicked on it and LOVED IT TOO MUCH.

Slorfae
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:17 pm

Hokay, now that I am actually awake and have time away from my other RP, I will go and add my lovely character "The Drifter". Trust me, everyone will love her. Also, she's super racists against indians, so dialog with Ashkii will be awesome.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TardygaitedMewling on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm

HAHAHA. Yes. Buy all things Puscifer!

See, the intent of Jeremy will be a navigator! That's what makes it funny. He'll be kind of a blundering in-the-dark guy with navigation and the Navajo will have to save the day. XD

Yay, racism! This is the only time I'd ever be able to say "yay" and "racism" in the same sentence. I promise I'm not racist. I just love that idea.

TardygaitedMewling
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:56 pm

Oh man, I just realized how feminine Jeremy appears. Drifter is going to have fun with that. She doesn't like men who aren't ... well, traditional and manly. There are going to be far too many laughs in this role play.

Prose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:55 pm

Hey, Northern, that fella of yours, he was in the recent Cowboys and Aliens movie, right? I think he does a lot of westerns as an Indian. Now, to get to work on my badass preacher lady. And yeah, I did listen all the way through the song. The sudden change in tempo near the endish caught me off guard.

Now the task of trying to find a realistic picture of a cowgirl who doesn't look like a hussy. I had a good picture of one, but it was drawn, and not the realistic we're going for.

I found one, and I submitted her, but I'm still working on it. I didn't want to lose my progress because I forgot to save.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:01 am

The picture? No idea- I've never seen that film. I just randomly found him on Tumblr (a great image resource, if any of you guys use it).

As for female gunslingers... I've found a few pictures. Some of them are terribly historically accurate, but there we go!
http://www.moviemarket.com/library/phot ... 191522.jpg
http://newsmanone.files.wordpress.com/2 ... 11s139.png
http://remingtons.files.wordpress.com/2 ... wers-1.jpg
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lukp7 ... o1_250.jpg
http://www.starmoviesasia.tv/App_Files/ ... n/1404.jpg
http://i.fanpix.net/images/orig/4/d/4dg ... bagd4b.jpg
http://drewbarrymorefan.com/gallery/alb ... 1994_5.jpg

Hope that helps.

And as for racism... Ashkii isn't exactly fond of Europeans or the Navajo but his response to Drifter's comments will definitely be entertaining...

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dig17 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:37 pm

I can't believe that you'd even consider playing a female gunslinger and NOT run across an image of Hannie Caulder....

Raquel Welch is a total babe. I've chosen this image in lieu of more promiscuous photos (google them if you think you have the moral fortitude), but she's got the look I envision for your character, Talisman.
Last edited by dig17 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dig17
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:07 pm

Actually... The lady gunslinger is my character. I've already found a picture and submitted her. Eleanor "Sister Elly" Kelly. Of course, she's a red head and second generation Irish. I just need to make an overall personality and a history and she'll be finished.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!