Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Guild of Nine Swords

Guild of Nine Swords

a part of “Guild of Nine Swords”, a fictional universe by Ranos.

A guild-based roleplay in a fantasy setting with a not very restrictive class system. Go on adventures and achieve glory and honor! But be wary, a dark evil looms on the horizon for the land of Anissa...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Guild of Nine Swords”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Guild of Nine Swords

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ranos on Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:19 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Guild of Nine Swords"

Hey, guys! Thanks for showing interest in my roleplay. Ask any questions in a reply to this thread and if you've got more in-depth questions, PM me.

About me: I'm very active, this is my only roleplay, and I'm dedicated to making it notable, respectable, and popular on the site. I'm in for the long haul, and while you don't have to be, I'd love to have you along for the ride!

We (and by that I mean me ::foreveralone:: T_T) have got some awesome stories already planned out, and I promise to make each adventure a memorable experience. Now sit down with us, make a character, and let's have some fun! :)
Last edited by Ranos on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ranos
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Guild of Nine Swords

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby glmstr on Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:56 am

I am interested... I will send a character soon!
so smol

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

glmstr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Everscale on Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:35 pm

I am interested. I will likely send in a character after I finish reading the rest of the description.

Everscale
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Corvan on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:46 pm

Interested as well will be replying soon with a character.

Corvan
Member for 17 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ranos on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:59 pm

Glad to see the interest, guys! We'd love to have any of you! And, by the way, mages who practice black magic ARE allowed in the guild, even though guild members still have an uneasy disposition with black magic, it's the law you must look out for.

Ranos
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby glmstr on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:07 pm

My Apologies >,< I put my post in the wrong area

glmstr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Everscale on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:34 am

Is there a particular character skeleton we are meant to use? And are there spells within each area, or is there just... a general sense of magic?

Everscale
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ranos on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:39 pm

Everscale wrote:Is there a particular character skeleton we are meant to use? And are there spells within each area, or is there just... a general sense of magic?
No character skeleton, just the default boxes that RP gateway gives you. And there are no specific spells, just freeform magic, whatever your brain can come up with using your schools of magic. Whether you want to use fire as a shield wall or as a hurtling ball of destruction is up to you.

EDIT: The only rule I have is that you should put proficiencies in "equipment."

Ranos
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hadespwr on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:45 am

Given the post rate during combat thus far, I suggest that we schedule some IC chat periods specifically for combat.
"There comes a time in the affairs of men when he must prepare to defend not only his home alone but the tenets of faith and humanity upon which his church, his government, his very civilization are founded."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, 1941

Hadespwr
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anansi on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:14 am

I'll probably apply soon with a storm mage, with enchanting skills, and some earth skills.

Anansi
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ranos on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:08 pm

Good to hear, Anansi! :D

Hadespwr wrote:Given the post rate during combat thus far, I suggest that we schedule some IC chat periods specifically for combat.

Well it looks like we've got a really scattered roleplaying schedule so far...I'll PM everyone asking for there active times.

Ranos
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Everscale on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:03 pm

Are... you waiting for me?

Everscale
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hadespwr on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:02 am

I don't have a clue what's going on. I made the most recent IC post, I thought I should wait for some one, anyone else to post.

Hadespwr
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby glmstr on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:01 pm

This is going to die if somebody dosent post soon

glmstr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brass pole at law on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:46 pm

Im aware that this RP has already started, but would you happen to have room for another RPer.

On the off chance that you do have room for me can I ask what speciflty would allow illusion magic? Heat cuases air to have different refractive indexes due to so that can create illusions, but then on the other hand you do have the light school(?) of magic, granted it seems to be more concened with holy or anti-demonic properties rather that literal photons.

P.S. Im and engineer so I may over complicate things, please tell me if i do.

Brass pole at law
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hadespwr on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:50 pm

The very concept of magic requires a suspension of disbelief, or a hyper-rationalization. The mechanical properties of how magic "works" in this universe is left undefined so my assumption would be that you should feel free to imagine that it functions in any manner you see fit. Then again, I'm not the GM, so my assertions are not final.

Hadespwr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby glmstr on Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:54 pm

I personally think the ghost scenario is getting us nowhere. Maybe a little fun in the arena?

glmstr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brass pole at law on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:08 pm

Would it be taboo for me to post a rough synopsis of my potential OC (on teh condition that I have permssion to join) so that I may see what you all think.

As all of your are for more experienced roleplayers than I, your input would be high appreciated.

Brass pole at law
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hadespwr on Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:19 pm

A synopsis in my mind would actually be most appreciated. It would give us an idea of how your character operates in whatever environment. Of course Ranos has the final word and I have no idea where he/she has been these past five days.

Hadespwr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brass pole at law on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Ill guess I just give you all a short synopsis considering that the admin has been away for so long

My charater (Who for now Ill call Bilva) is a essentially a fisher men that just happen to have a knack for magic. I imagina him using illusion and ball of light to make/force fish to jump into nets that he set up across the span of the river. Imagian little balls of light hovering over the surface of the water like lightning bugs, the fish would jump up the catch the "bug" and end up geting caught in a net. Or perhaps creating illusions of larger fish in the deeper sections of the lake so as drive the fish to both the surface and closer to the shore.

I want him to be more of and everyman that just happens to weild magic, not a enlightened monk like Anil, nor a scholarly sage like Sylar. Just a simple guy using magic to make his life easyer. Now for his being a person I would like him to be a more playful, almost jester like personality, full of good nature ribbing. Physically I would like him to be slightly plump seeing as his use of magic and fishing would keep him well feed. Simply imagian a place like india, a tree casting shade over a bend in the river, a well tanned man sleeping under the branches surrounded by mangos and fishing robs with bells on them. that is Bilva.

his Proficancies would be Chaos (for the illsuion, mental capabilities), Light (most for the optical aspects, not the holy part), and Enchanting (mostly to make fishing lures more enticing/effective). As for what order theyll be in I have no clue as im still working that out.

Now obviously this being a guild of fighter the man would need to enter battle from time to time. He would be more of a support role, using flashes of light and illusions to hinder his opponents. Perhaps doing some light healing, not a terribly offensive person usless He coudl abuse lights healing propeties can cuasing the opponents bones to continue growing and lead to the eventully calcification of soft tissue (but even I think that would be strenching it).

P.S. English isnt my first language so if there are any spelling mistake and/or grammatical mistakes that i make, I wont take any offense to you pointing them out. But being gentle about them would be highly appriciated.

Brass pole at law
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!