Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Through the Looking Glass

Through the Looking Glass

a part of “Through the Looking Glass”, a fictional universe by LSunday.

As the barriers between worlds break down, a fight breaks out for the survival of both. STILL OPEN FOR CHARACTERS

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Through the Looking Glass”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Through the Looking Glass

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LSunday on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:00 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Through the Looking Glass"

Use this to discuss the plot, have fun, and get to know each other. Anyone thinking of submitting a character can ask about the concept here! Currently, we have:

Real World:

Sibyl Volur
Sarah Hoffmann
Nathaniel O'Connel
Lynn Kingsley
Lydia Alteste
Ariel Brenner

Fantasy World:

Queen Abela Grimhild
Queen Miranda Wilster
Cain of the Lyrin
Lady of the Mist
Lady Ofayle Zwolfe
Princess Sareliah
Last edited by LSunday on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LSunday
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Through the Looking Glass

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby snipergirl24 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:09 pm

Interesting, was wondering if I could be the little mermaid in the fairy tale world and the real world character is a marine biologist.
ImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

snipergirl24
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LSunday on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:22 pm

It's an interesting idea, but within the roleplay it'll be very impractical. Once the reality switch happens, it'll be very difficult to pull off the "walking around in New York without legs" aspect.

To help clarify, the two characters are actually switching bodies. Meaning, if you are a mermaid, you will switch into the real world with a flipper, and the real world character will appear underwater.

LSunday
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby snipergirl24 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:27 pm

I think it can be worked out if when the mermaid walks onto land her fins turn to legs ::crosses fingers::

snipergirl24
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AliceHearts on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:35 pm

Subitted mine.

I has a question, is this based off the book The Looking Glas Wars? c:
"Im not afraid of the dark..I'm afraid of what's in it."

AliceHearts
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Angry Penguin on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:36 pm

No, it is not. We came up with this on our own.

The Angry Penguin
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby snipergirl24 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:57 pm

I'll tell you what I'll go ahead and make the character and if you still don't think it will work after I iron out the details of it thats fine. But atleast give me a chance to work out the mechanics of the characters.

snipergirl24
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LSunday on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:01 pm

That's fine. Looking forward to seeing the character!

LSunday
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby I'm a Radical Dame! on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:50 pm

So this reminds me a lot of the shows "Once Upon a Time" and "Kyo Kara Maoh!" which i both LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! So I'm definitely interested.....but i'm wondering, what causes them to switch back between each world? Like, in Kyo Kara Maoh, he gets thrust back from the kingdom-world, to his normal world[and vice-versa], when he's in water.

Also, how many characters are you guys wanting before we star? and where exactly is this suppose to go? Like, are we working to capture a specific something, to bind the worlds back together, or etc??
[Sorry, i know i'm asking a ton of questions, but i'm asking then simply because RP's die on here like wildfire.....especially if involves a ton of characters......so i'm just wondering how large this is suppose to get, and if it has an end-goal]

Thanks!!
And neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down under the sea; Can ever dissever my soul from the soul,
of the beautiful
Annabel Lee....

<3

I'm a Radical Dame!
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Movintarget on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:06 pm

The two characters are doing the exact same thing at the exact same time. I believe it can be as simple as walking through a doorway in a particular fashion or it can be as detailed as both counterparts doing the exact same "heroic" move at the same time. The actions, feelings, and small movements must all be the exact same between the two for the change to happen. So have fun with making them up.

When we actually get started my character is going to be the example as the queens are not switching worlds. When it happens, see what i do and try to figure out a way to make you introduction something along those lines (not exactly what I do of course, but the way in which I write the swapping).

Movintarget
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LSunday on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:19 pm

Basically, the 'evil' queen has set up a plan with help from Sibyl, in order to try to force a switch between their enemies so they can be dealt with. As far as where it's going, the characters that get switched can be trying to fight to get back to their own world. We'll drop essential information in the intro posts, but it'll basically progress like real-world characters trying to make their way in fairy tales at the same time as fairy-tale characters try to make their way in the real world.

LSunday
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarknessToDeath23 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:37 pm

I have a question can my characters fantasy self be a doll? If so, then i'll make my character right away! :]
ImageImage

DarknessToDeath23
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Angry Penguin on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:21 pm

I don't have a problem with it. As long as it is a well thought out character it's fine.

The one thing that will be a problem is that when you switch, you'd be a doll in the real world. It's not your souls that swap, its your entire being. We came to this issue when we were deciding on animal characters. For example, if you were a dog in the fantasy world, when you swapped, your dog character would become a dog in the real world. That's a challenge you'll have to address. If you can find a way to smooth out that issue it should be okay.

The Angry Penguin
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby snipergirl24 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:40 am

Okay I made a character I hope she's alright let me know if not.

snipergirl24
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bashie L. Craft on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:24 am

This looks interesting! I'll definitely make a character!

Bashie L. Craft
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Angry Penguin on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:01 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention. You will switch ONCE and once only. Unless your character figures out how to switch back. It's not an on command thing.

The Angry Penguin
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarknessToDeath23 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:20 pm

I was thinking my character would be human sized, and be able to fit in without anyone noticing she is a doll, if that's possible of course.

DarknessToDeath23
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brony Otaku on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:53 pm

I was curious about this roleplay: what would you say to a character like the Headless Horseman?

One of the fairytale equivalents hails from Ireland with the dullahan which I would prefer to base the character off of.
Take a chance and roll the die... get in line for Dungeons & Dragons!

Brony Otaku
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LSunday on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:00 pm

The Headless Horseman would be fine, but just like Little Mermaid and the Doll I'd want you to make sure you know that the real-world aspect of a headless man could lead to some... problems. Still, that's part of the fun of a roleplay, so there are no problems as long as the character is well-thought out!

LSunday
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LSunday on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:41 pm

Angry Penguin, movintarget and I are all going to put up our introductory posts tonight; after that, everyone else can feel free to start posting! We just ask that you wait until all three of us are finished.

To anyone else, we will still be accepting characters the whole way through the RP! Depending on how it goes, we may even continue after the 'main' plot has reached a conclusion. Keep looking and submitting characters!

LSunday
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!