Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Dungeons & Dragons

Dungeons & Dragons

a part of “Dungeons & Dragons”, a fictional universe by Brony Otaku.

Taken directly from the old Dungeon Crawl Classics of old, a group of heroes make a name for themselves in the world through exploits and virtue.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dungeons & Dragons”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Dungeons & Dragons

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brony Otaku on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:37 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Dungeons & Dragons"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Take a chance and roll the die... get in line for Dungeons & Dragons!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Brony Otaku
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Dungeons & Dragons

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brony Otaku on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:41 pm

Just letting everyone know that this game is OPEN and accepting characters!

I promise it isn't as complicated as it looks ^_^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Brony Otaku
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:08 am

Are we allowed to use internet number generators, or something of that kin? I have played DnD before, but I don't have dice of my own. My local library has a player's handbook, the same one that I think you used, and there was a CD that could be used to make a character, can I use that to help me?

Also, I preemptively apologise for any sloth in posting, I'm British, therefore probably in a different time zone, and also I am useless at maths.

Robinwing
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aod0209 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:24 am

Hey id love to join up havnt played dnd in a while. Only I don't ha ve dice or books or anything, and I won't be able to make a pc till morning.

aod0209
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:48 am

I'm down for this and call dibs on the bard. booyah!

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BilgeWater on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:16 am

One Half-orc Barbarian, coming right up!

BilgeWater
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brony Otaku on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:29 am

Robinwing wrote:Are we allowed to use internet number generators, or something of that kin? I have played DnD before, but I don't have dice of my own. My local library has a player's handbook, the same one that I think you used, and there was a CD that could be used to make a character, can I use that to help me?

Also, I preemptively apologise for any sloth in posting, I'm British, therefore probably in a different time zone, and also I am useless at maths.

While I do enjoy the fact that you have played before, I think I am going to limit the use of number generators for now. As far as using the Character Generator CD to help you, that is absolutely fine.

Also, no worries on your timezone or math skills. Outside of D&D my math skills are pretty much useless but when it comes to "a plus-whatever-bonus to this skill gives me a total of this-number" I can rattle all of that off instantly XDD

I am truly glad that this game is sparking a lot of interest! I will have a list of available skills and feats posted in this thread sometime today and I will assist those who need help in figuring out all the numbers work.

But a reminder to all: I will be giving you your starting equipment and if you have any spells I will provide you with a spell list of available spells.

Brony Otaku
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:34 am

Edited out the equipment, sorry about that. I got into generic new character mode and just started typing: Backpack, Bedroll, Flint and Steel, etc... You know how that goes.

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:35 am

Right, thank you. It's only too bad this started during the weekend, I would've gotten hold of the library's handbook to help me a bit with all this, I don't have books of my own. I'm a bit of a shut-in, I don't even know where the town centre is. I could honestly find my way around Narnia easier than my hometown.

I look forward to this! My D&D group kind of died off because our DM wanted us all to play human, and I was the only one okay with that, so I don't get to play much IRL.

Robinwing
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brony Otaku on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:38 am

Honestly, no worries guys! I hope to make the experience worthwhile to you all.

My D&D groups have all but died off as well and I have been itching to get a game running. I am a bit of a Rules Nazi, but I promise not to let it affect the flow or fun of the game.

Is it bad to say I think I have the core rulebooks memorized by now? XDD

Brony Otaku
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:45 am

Oh are you going by 3.5 rules or 4.0? I'm curious how rule-heavy the game will be as most DnD games that started on here of a more technical nature were problematic in the long run.

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:47 am

Oh dear. The book in the library might be the right one, but we always played with a different one. Wish me luck. XD

Robinwing
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:50 am

Have never officially played D&D but I understand the concept pretty well. If there is any thing I should read just let me know. Ill have a rogue up asap :)

Artik
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brony Otaku on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:20 pm

Smokescreen wrote:Oh are you going by 3.5 rules or 4.0? I'm curious how rule-heavy the game will be as most DnD games that started on here of a more technical nature were problematic in the long run.

3.5 and it won't be as technical as I make it sound. All I mean is, I know the books like the back of my hand so any questions that could possibly arise I could field ASAP with little difficulty.

Brony Otaku
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brony Otaku on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:33 pm

Now for skills! Depending on your characters Intelligence, it will give you access to more skill points. I will give you your total points and you may place them accordingly to whichever skill you wish. Skills not listed for your class may also be taken, but they cost double the points. At 1st level you may put no more than 4 points into a class skill and 2 points into a non-class skill

A note on skills: Professions and Crafts may be anything you like (within reason of course; no gunsmiths or mechanics, and no crafting bombs or lasers). If you have any questions about skills and what might a particular talent fall under (Ex: My ranger wants to forage for his food in the wild, what skill is that? Answer: Survival.) please ask me!

The barbarianā€™s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).

The bardā€™s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Speak Language (n/a), Spellcraft (Int), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

The clericā€™s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Knowledge (the planes) (Int), Profession (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).

The druidā€™s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).

The fighterā€™s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Ride (Dex), and Swim (Str).

The monkā€™s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).

The paladinā€™s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (nobility and royalty) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), and Sense Motive (Wis).

The rangerā€™s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (geography) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), and Use Rope (Dex).

The rogueā€™s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (local) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha), and Use Rope (Dex).

The sorcererā€™s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Profession (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).

The wizardā€™s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Profession (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).

And now onto feats! I have a link to a page with EVERY feat from the published books on it. The way feats work are simple: everyone gets 1 at first level. Humans get an extra feat of their choice at first level, giving them two to start. Fighters get access to a bonus feat at first level, but this feat must be a combat focused feat. Here is the link to the page, feel free to browse at your leisure. Some feats do have prerequisites, so when you decide upon a feat, ask me if it would be alright and I will check my sources to see if it is available to you or if you have met the requirements.

Brony Otaku
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Billie_blujean on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:30 pm

Oops! Just realized there were posts here. I sent you a PM, Brony, with some questions I had but it looks like some have already been answered here in the OOC.
~*~*The insecurity is almost as dire as the actual incidents: Much like democratic presidencies, we live in constant fear, never knowing when the next one will occur*~*

Billie_blujean
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wheatley on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:29 pm

MMMMmmmm....Gnome Monk :D (Kneecap attack!)

You sir, get a cookie for making this.

Wheatley
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brony Otaku on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:07 pm

Wheatley wrote:You sir, get a cookie for making this.

I do enjoy cookies. *nodnod*

I hope to review some more characters soon. To those I have approved already, I will discuss skills and skill points available to your character at the moment through PM.

Brony Otaku
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brony Otaku on Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:31 pm

Due to the seemingly rising popularity of this game, I have decided to add a spot or two to the roster.

I regretfully will have to make a cut-off point however, so profiles that stand out will likely have a better shot.

And don't be afraid to upload icons of your characters, folks! I love imagining the way characters look, but seeing them does make it loads easier on the imagination ^^;

Brony Otaku
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brony Otaku on Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:39 pm

Upon seeing the roster we are likely going to have, it's surprising that a healer hasn't surfaced yet. Not that it is a problem... it'll just make things more challenging!

We all enjoy challenges, right?

Brony Otaku
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!