Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Final Fantasy X: The After Wars

Final Fantasy X: The After Wars.

a part of “Final Fantasy X: The After Wars”, a fictional universe by Rarikou.

After centuries of peace, another Envoy of Destruction begins to haunt Spira

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Final Fantasy X: The After Wars”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Final Fantasy X: The After Wars.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Everscale on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:12 pm

Well I, for one, am sticking this one out to the end! *whoot whoot* I don't abandon FF RPs. EVER. Not unless EVERYONE else is gone. ^.^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Everscale
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:36 pm

good. Im the exact same

Alright people, Listen up. You want a soundtrack for you guts, ima gunna need your help

Give me songs for your characters

fight sequence
sadness
anger
general song
song while in the farplane

go. shout them too me. Links would be lovely, so i can use my youtube auido ripper

im also open to suggestions for certain songs, if ya wanna shout them out
'The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate. Entrusing his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the Arcana are the means by which all is revealed. It matters not who you are, Death awaits you."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Everscale on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:47 pm

VALENCE EVERWING

fight sequence - Monster by Skillet
Returner by GACKT
Lu:Na by GACKT

sadness - After the Rain by Cinema Bizarre
Like You by Evanescence

anger - Had Enough by Breaking Benjamin

general song - Prelude 12/21 by A.F.
Haunted by Evanescence

song while in the farplane - Silent Scream by Cinema Bizarre

after he snaps - Sweet Sacrifice by Evanescence

EDGE REVERAL

fight sequence - So Cold by Breaking Benjamin
Amaranth by Within Temptation

sadness - Missing by Evanescence

anger - Going Under by Evanescence

general song - Unknown Soldier by Breaking Benjamin
Fade Away by Breaking Benjamin

song while in the farplane - Pale by Within Temptation
Last edited by Everscale on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:35 am, edited 5 times in total.

Everscale
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:00 am

Ditto on the adding as I go!

Kries Dairu

fight sequence: Molgera Battle from Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
sadness: Serenata Immortale by Immediate
anger: Ice Planet by Two Steps From Hell
general song: Seventh Furnace by Edmund Welles
song while in the farplane: Small Memory by John Hopkins

Issac Ettore

fight sequence: Kickdown by Two Steps From Hell
sadness: Aiedmus by Karl Jenkins
anger: Life or Death by Audiomachine
general song: The Resistance cover by 2Cellos
song while in the farplane: Reset from the Okami soundtrack

Yes I have songs for characters that are not complete yet. That is normally how I go about writing characters anyway! :P
Last edited by Lightning Flash on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Genesis Rhapsodos on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:07 am

Songs for Perish Layoneil (work in progress):

fight sequence - Saints vs Devils
sadness - Night of Seclusion
anger - Clamor of Heaven and Earth
general song - Holy Orders (Be Just or Be Dead)
song while in the farplane -FF I Theme

Probably wasn't quite what you wanted sorry, but it is what I got.

@Everscale -- Genesis Rhapsodos of course! But really I could do almost any of them. I have done Angeal, Cloud, and Rufus before. I have never done Zack or Sephiroth because they don't strike my muse, but I am sure I could. Genesis would be my number one choice, but I could also make an OC.
Last edited by Genesis Rhapsodos on Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:16 am, edited 6 times in total.
Valar Morghulis

Genesis Rhapsodos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:26 am

Waitwaitwait....

i just finally got around to reading the new submissions to the RP. Valence and Kries are.... REMARKABLY simmilar in the fighting style. Both are using guns (Pistols at that), and quite honestly I was planning on going out into the _____shots (Perhaps I could have stated this outright, but I tried to hint at it with his initial ability of Aim, taking from the classic ranger skill) eventually when he became a gadgeteer.

So now what... I am confused. So do I have to change Kries since Valence's character is entirely based on being a gunner? And if so, I have no idea what niche he can fill as a machinist now... I IS CONFUSED!!!!

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Everscale on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:36 am

Well, let's see how we can work this out. If Rarikou would be willing to help me figure it out, I can alter Valence. He'd still be a gunner just... a more Vincent-like gunner? Rather than a sharpshooter? Could you help me figure out what abilities might be necessary for that? So long as Valence can still have a gun and be a nice shot, it doesn't matter really what his other skills/abilities are.

Everscale
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:54 am

oh dear. i hate conflicts like these. Its almost as mind bending as 'locks socks', but this one is easier to resolve.

It would depend on the fighting styles of the two, really. If you want to make Valence kind of a Vincent-like fighter (adding in some martial hits and such in additional to his main gunman skills. Im thinking back to Dirge of Ceberus on this one when i think Vincent) then maybe just change Valences class to Fighter? They dont HAVE to wield swords, you know.

With a change to fighting stlye, That would resolve the conflict, I would think. If its just a weapon/ ability problem, maybe just add an ability/ additional eff in addition?

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:01 am

Yeah... Trying to think this out as well... and failing at it...

Well for one, we could divide the elemental shots from the status shots. Ex one could get fireshot, lightningshot, iceshot, and the other could get blindshot, silenceshot, and the like.

I guess one could be a more support gunner and the other more offensive following that trend. Again splitting the ranger class, one could have basic white magic (Later) and would include the likes of esuna, cure and haste while the other would get the ability to use more offensive skills not avalable to the other one, such as those abilities exhibited in FFX-2.

So based on what I see of the characters Kries is WAY more the "support gunner" type and Valence would be offensive

So here are a few skills that I am thinking

Kries
-Blindshot
-Silenceshot
-Vitalshot
-Confuseshot
-Stopshot
-Esuna
-Haste
-Aim
-Target MP
-Libra

Valence
-Fireshot
-Lightningshot
-Iceshot
-Ultima Shot
-Scattershot
-Quarter Pounder
-Tableturner
-Burst Shot
-Tri-Shot
-Oust

Would that kind of division make sense. Those are obviously just a few abilities I pulled out of the old vault and how they would be distributed. This would make both characters unique. Of course, if this still doesn't work, I will go with any other opinions.

Sorry for causing the conflict, but I felt it needed to be resolved.

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:03 am

Alfhild Song's (a WIP, and therefore subject to change):

Fight sequence - Fighting of the Spirit - Motoi Sakuraba
Sadness - Aganai no Yuki - Saoki Sato
Anger - To Make the End of Battle
General song - The Islander - Nightwish
Song while in the farplane - Mad World (Piano Version)
Last edited by Chari on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverose
Laryn: He's not dead. Dogs may die, but cats have nine lives.
S-9:*chuckles* That guy's harder to rub out than the viruses in ancient computer programs.
Ash: Thanks a lot, guys. So what am I, an infectious cat?

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Everscale on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:05 am

O.O You did so much work Lightning... but... orz I like Rarikou's solution a lot. <-- Serious Vincent fan. So I'll switch him to a fighter and add martial arts abilities... and... tadaa~ conflict resolved. (trick being he would have been this way anyways, the way i play him, i just labeled him differently?)

edit: There! I changed him. Is his overdrive good... O.o should I go for something more/less powerful...?

Also... orz I was so good and avoided music that was not in English for my characters and now I wish I hadn't because there's so much good Gackt and Versailles for them...
Last edited by Everscale on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Everscale
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:09 am

Alright then. I didn't want to mess with your character too much, so as long as you don't mind.

Thanks for being flexible :D

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Everscale on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:12 am

Tee hee~ I got away with being Vincent-ish~ I don't mind. ^.^ Besides, I'm telling the truth when I say nothing really changed... he would have ended up this way anyways as I rped him... >.<

(seriously though, can i put some of my japanese music in my characters' soundtracks too, since i was being good and trying to avoid it...)

Everscale
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:13 am

I listen to a lot of japanese, so i really dont mind it. and glad I could help

Aura
fight sequence- Twisted Sister- Burn in Hell
sadness - Green Day- Boulevard of Broken Dreams
anger
general song

Miriam
fight sequence
sadness
anger
general song

Rarikou
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:44 am

we're not starting yet, but i thought id get a post up, just to sort of get the beginning set up. That one was Aura post, but we wont actually begin until I can get a post up for Miriam.

Rarikou
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:46 am

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Can't wait to get started.

getting the Lancer all set soon and will be posted tomorrow!

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Everscale on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:33 am

Is it bad that I'm madly excited to play Valence (even though I dislike Yojimbo) into insanity? I really want to get there! Nobody abandon this RP, okay?! I need to see Valence snap!! *flailflailselfishreasonsarenottheonlyreasons*

Everscale
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:20 am

I have no intention of leaving, I assure you

Rarikou
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Everscale on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:24 pm

Finished my soundtrack portion...

I have a suggestion. Why don't we create a different OOC thread for the soundtracks so that they're easier for you to find? Since there are a whole bunch of other posts for other things spaced between them...

Everscale
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:26 pm

Finally, with Lightning Flash getting his chara up, i think its safe to start opening gthe posts.

and I might take that Idea, Ever. Ill handle that later. YOu guys are free to post while I work on Miriams post,

Rarikou
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!