Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Skinwalkers: Resonance of the Lost

Skinwalkers: Resonance of the Lost

a part of “Skinwalkers: Resonance of the Lost”, a fictional universe by Nivosity.

In a desolate world, a humble empire expands under the rule of one man. A small pack of rebels vows to end it. What could these two sides possibly have in common? … They are outcasts. They are not human. They are Skinwalkers.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Skinwalkers: Resonance of the Lost”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Skinwalkers: Resonance of the Lost

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nivosity on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Ah, right. Introductions.

Welcome everyone! I'm Nivosity, the GM and a third of the mind behind this roleplay. The other portions are my fellow GMs, Cienpher and Alasund De'astio. It's quite a pleasure to meet you people out there. Anyways, we're all quite weird, which you'll understand if you join us... which we hope you will. ^^

We also love people and characters just as strange as us! So please, feel free to present to us a lovely character who is unique (within reason) so that we can set off into this lovely universe in this city called Aethes! Not that it's quite as... beautiful as we would like - but hopefully, through your actions, it might become a little bit more lovely.

Ahem, now for the point of this OOC. After all, everyone loves information.

• Reservations are alright with us. They only last for 48 hours though - so use your time wisely. They don't mean that you'll get in though - character profiles MUST be well-done. And yes, you may ask for an extension of 24 hours but that is only under extreme circumstances (we realize that making a character profile detailed and lovely might take a while...)
  • Please do ask questions. Questions show interest and an empty OOC is always boring. And if we're bored, we shall have to amuse ourselves in weird ways - such as poking you all with a stick or tormenting one of our characters for amusement, and they never like that. Anyway, your question will for certain be answered within 24 hours. Probably less.
  • Don't harass people. xD Harassment of people may end up in GM intervention - most likely with lots of flan and jello. Everywhere.
  • Ideas/suggestions are always welcome - but they may not be followed if it doesn't fit in with the storyline well, but think away. Feel free to post them up here for discussion!

So now all the boring stuff is down - sign up quickly so that we can start. ^^
Last edited by Nivosity on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:51 am, edited 9 times in total.
*~Nivosity~*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nivosity
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Skinwalkers: Resonance of the Lost

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WittyWriter88 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:21 pm

Ah <3
This role play looks absolutely amazing! :D Well thought out, and just great. Something I could really see going somewhere, and not dying after the first couple of days! xD
I would really, really, really like to reserve a character, if you do not mind.

With that being said! May I please reserve the Freelancer? :o

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WittyWriter88
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:27 pm

Sure. ^_^

Also, if you want to see our other work, Masks Of The Soul has been running strong for... more than half a year. Thought it's going sorta slow currently.

So, if there's one thing, we've got a rep for keeping up with things. =P
Verdant plains and cold dark night. I have nothing more but silence.

Alasund
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WittyWriter88 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:38 pm

Wow. o__o That.. Is a long time. Ha ha, I'll have to check it out!!

Woo! Thanks!! I have a (silly) question or two before I sling myself into making this character though, if you don't mind. xD

First off, I'm guessing there isn't a specific gender or changer for each role, right? I mean, obviously not since it was not mentioned in the Intro., I just wanted to make sure! :P
Also, is there a time limit on how long it should take getting a character submitted? I was just wondering because I've been known to take awhile on finding the "right" picture, then actually "bringing a character to life." I'm slow, because I always go back, re-read a billion times, find things to change, add, etc, etc, etc. You get the point? xD Ha ha,
It's not like it takes me a week to send one in.. Just longer than most, I suppose. :P

WittyWriter88
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:59 pm

Well. I'm going to guess, blindly, that the General would be male, and the General's wife would be female. >_>

You know, just a random guess. =P

But so far as I know, a lot of them will take either gender.

The Shifter isn't always specified, but in the ones that do say a specific shifter, that's the one we want. Otherwise, go for whatever. :)

Also, I think reservations are(I'd wait for confirmation on this.) two days. So, there's your time limit. Of course, you can take longer, so long as no-one else reserves it after your reservation runs out.

Alasund
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:31 am

Okay! So I'm finally happy with the front pa - NO! Reservations already?! D:

I gotta edit now TT-TT *returns to Nivosity's account to do so*

... I jest. I love reservations, and someone who uses good grammar in the OOC is welcome with me. We put a lot of work into this, so I hope you enjoy it ^^

No gender specifications, but please try to keep the gender ratio. Funny story - Niv and I both took male roles in our other roleplay because we were sure we'd get a surplus of girls. We ended up having to beg for girls from the people interested. I'm kind of worried that'll be the situation here too, since Niv and I are both male roles...
~Cienpher~ GM of "That's Not an Omelette"

Cienpher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:35 am

"lovely universe in this city called Throme!"

*Cough*

*Cough*

Also, who editted out me reserving the Freelancer for Witty? D:
(Noooo! We have two Witty's now. >.>)

Alasund
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:49 am

Ah - I just forgot you had access, Alasund XD

Also, Witty - I take questions as a good thing!
I'm guilty of playing 1000 questions with roleplays I like too. It just means you're interested, so feel free to ask away ^^
Last edited by Cienpher on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cienpher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nivosity on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:50 am

Yeah. I hadn't even gotten the OOC all pretty and we got reservations already. ... Makes me happy, but sad that I wasn't here to greet you. Blame Math.

And yes. 2 days, but we're not that picky on that. I mean, I've reserved a character and submitted her like a week later, so ... as long as it's in as soon as you possibly can, we'll be happy. Well, me at least.

Alasund, weren't you the Watcher? And now... Writer's the Freelancer. There's a difference. :P And I'm changing that. Eventually.

Nivosity
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:57 am

He meant making the reservation for her XD

Cienpher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SukaiKori on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:33 am

So I was gonna have my character be a Raposa and I found this really awesome anime picture to show what she'd look like in her animal form. I was wondering if it would be okay for me to use it. Here is the link
http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae10 ... el_999.jpg

SukaiKori
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:13 am

Oooo!!! can I have the strategist in the pack and if no one else takes it the interrogator in the army please :) I didn't know you made an rp Novosity it looks awesome! So proud of you :P

Meesha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:29 am

UNEXPECTED HONOR!

Meesha! Hello! Wow, this wa - I never even considered that you might possibly see this! Consider the strategist reserved, although I'm not sure about the interrogator yet...

Niv's at dinner right now, but I think her reaction would be something similar to mine >w<

(Oh right, but her username is spelled with an 'i', not an 'o' (which needs fixing on the Brittle House as well))

Cienpher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:32 am

And I return. I do like what you've done with my plot, it's been really jazzed up. ^^

Quick question, mind if I stick a different character in the second lieutenant spot I reserved from the original? I think I can do more fun stuff with them than I can with Hati. The scout will remain the same character that she always was.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:35 am

We don't mind at all - we just reserved the spots for you. Do with the characters as you will ^^

Cienpher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nivosity on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:51 am

O.O What I miss when I eat food...

Meesha! Vitamin!

I'm so honored to have you two join our roleplay. I mean, we've played in your roleplays before and greatly enjoyed ourselves, so ^^" Gah, now I'm nervous. >.>

Nivosity
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:06 am

Woo :) why have I been spelling your name as Novosity?? Brain block or what?! Sorry babe :P

So this is a joint effort role-play?? By you two?

You've just eaten dinner? I just had breakfast :P

Meesha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:15 am

XD Timezones are a cruel thing...

Yeah, this product was the result of VitaminHeart's idea which Nivosity, Alasund De'astio, and I worked with.

When Niv and I first decided to try a roleplay, we never thought our own GMs would come join... yeah, this is a little nerve-wracking for some reason ^^"

Cienpher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:26 am

Don't worry :P be cool. You shouldn't be nervous about having your G-mummy's in your role-play :)

Meesha
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nivosity on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:45 am

Oi! People. D:

Sorry. *cough* *cough* I'm not usually so blunt.

Buuuuut. If it's possible and you somehow want to be nice and normal and happy, and you haven't started thinking about your character, we're looking for Changer Balance! I mean, most RPs have the easier task of balancing genders, but nooooo. We get into the trouble of balancing 7 different types of ... Changers.

And Meesha. >.> I agree with Cien. Nerve-wrecking... haha. In a good way?

Nivosity
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!