Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Daggerford

General Discussion

a part of “Daggerford”, a fictional universe by The Cynic.

*Need males!!* The city of thieves; a massive hub for merchants, pirates, and assassins. Daggerford has been governed by elite guilds for decades, however, total war threatens the wards, and every day new corpses litter the streets...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Daggerford”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

General Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Wed May 02, 2012 5:24 pm

This board will be for inquires, suggestions - basically anything related to the roleplay.
I will also be posting latest updates and important additions to the plot.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Cynic
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: General Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Wed May 02, 2012 11:17 pm

Alright everyone. I have added all the locations that I want for now. As you can see
you have a lot of options as to where to play - I prefer it this way. People can now
interact in various locations and play with as many people as they want. I want
this RP to be realistic as possible. If your character is visiting the bazaar, then post
in the bazaar. If they return back to their guild (say Sethur's Hand) then post in the
Eastern Guild Ward. Wherever your character is currently at, is where you should
be posting. If you are traveling the seas or performing a job outside of the city,
then post in the quests. Pretty straight forward. Anyone can begin posting whenever
they want; I will start soon myself. Make sure to keep PMing regarding your stories
and how you want your characters to be involved in the main SL. Remember, you
are all more than welcome to have your own side stories, etc. I will be adding
additonal content and backrounds of each location soon, as well as the history
and lore of Pathros. Thanks for your patience.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Cynic
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Wed May 02, 2012 11:25 pm

Also, another thing I want to add. I need some players to join the
Sethur's Hand faction, and I need a leader for the guild as well.
I don't want to run both the main factions myself. The leader of
Sethur should be well qualified (e.x. has been a GM, really good
with plots, can manage players, etc.) If you are interested please
PM me.

The Cynic
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Thu May 03, 2012 11:49 am

Another new update! As you can see, there is a new mysterious character called 'The Informer.'
The purpose of this NPC is to keep you all involved. He will appear before many characters with
message, quests, or missions to perform and keep you all busy. For example, if a powerful
aristocrat from another city needs his rival picked off, the Informer will deliver the details
of the mission to your character; where to go, what you should do, and tell you what sort of
reward you will receive. This will also give the opportunity for characters obtain nice new
weaponry, equipment, etc. Yay or nay?

The Cynic
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby minibear on Thu May 03, 2012 12:21 pm

Yay. Definitely a yay. A quest system is a good way to keep characters busy and doing fun shenanigans, and to make it so we don't all kill each other in the first week of play haha.

minibear
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Thu May 03, 2012 2:28 pm

Sweet. Of course per mission more than one person can obviously be involved. Playing with one's
self tends to get boring, lol. Another announcement i'd like to make: we need more people to join
the main factions (Sethur's Hand and The Achaz). I have a friend who is going to be the guild
leader for Sethur, but we really need more members for each. For now I won't be allowing anymore
people to create their own guilds. We need to remember that the main story centers around these
two.

The Cynic
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Thu May 03, 2012 2:35 pm

I can also make a character for Sether's hand if you'd like. I am just a bit timid in the Rp world, but if it will help, an assassin will be in the making. I just take forever to create a character. I think I am the slowest typist ever.
M•O•M•B•I•E
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
ImageImage

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NadieQuerida on Thu May 03, 2012 3:03 pm

Dreamwaker, go ahead! Laeliana is awesome, I'm sure your assassin will do well too.
I have a dwarfette and a thief in the works... just waiting to see how my computer troubles pan out before I get them in the RP. This looks exciting :p

NadieQuerida
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madmoiselle on Fri May 04, 2012 11:29 pm

Just wanted to point out how amazing this rp is turning out to be.

Well done everyone, and Cynic for making such a great rp. I'm in love with everyone's characters.

[ I'm already beginning to ship characters....]

Madmoiselle
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Sun May 06, 2012 3:00 pm

Hello everyone. I apologize for my absence; friday nights
and saturdays I will likely not be on. Because of this, I am
going to try and make someone else a second admin
(if I can figure out how).

This roleplay is off to a great start and I am -really- pleased.
You are all fantastic players - thank you for giving me and my
roleplay a chance!

The Cynic
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Sun May 06, 2012 8:36 pm

Also!

*IMPORTANT.*

Our designated chatroom will be under the tab of
Pathros. If you wish to chat together in a fast
pace environment, visit there and hopefully people
will be about.

The Cynic
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Mon May 07, 2012 12:01 am

This is turning out wonderful!

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TakingElysium on Mon May 07, 2012 12:09 am

Just to inform all you awesome RPers, I have been donned as a second GM to help ensure that the Roleplay rolls smoothly when The Cynic is not around. So, do not feel shy in regards to PMing me with ideas, etc. I can always get in contact with Cynic to share them. As at least three of you have noticed, along with the primary GM, I have already begun to fashion a mission of sorts for certain characters. Cynic and I have been creating stories for a really long time, so we kind of know what we want out of Rps. However, what I don't want is for you to feel as though you HAVE to participate in my storylines. I will always ask, or leave it open for you to decide.

Of course, I also love ideas and criticism in the story-telling aspect. We are not all perfect, ya know? So if you have any creativity you'd like to share, either post it here, or just PM one of us. If you disagree with a certain SL that I put out to you, just let me know. I am flexible, and not everyone likes the same thing I do (whic is gore, gore, gore). I work like crazy, but I have easy access to the internet at all time. I have a few events in my head for future references, and you all will be kept well abreast of these. Albeit, certain aspects of a story will not be shared for the fun of it. I can't tell all! Geesh.

Anyway, it is a pleasure to roleplay with you all, as the lot of you are talented writers.

TakingElysium
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raize on Mon May 07, 2012 9:16 am

Greetings and salutation. You have caught my interest, and so I have decided to grace this humble Out of Character thread with my divine presence.

You may call me Eye, ESY, or any other nickname your brilliant, imaginative minds can think of.
What I really mean is that I'll look at you and expect a treat every time you call me a nickname that you probably pulled out of your ass.

Would any one of you be so kind as to summarize what has been happening during the last thirty three posts? Since I have to go to hell, evil mathematicians and demonic english teachers, help school I will not be able to finish my character profile until a bit later. Possibly quite a bit later.

Thus, with this said, I go.
"Uhhhhhhhhhh." - Karisse

Raize
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Mon May 07, 2012 5:08 pm

Eyes ( I call you whatever I want) what has happened lately? Honestly, not much,
mostly character introductions and that is it. If you would like to discuss it further,
please PM me. Now...

******************EVERYONE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE.****************************

Me and Elysium have been talking, and we are starting to think we might want to
turn Daggerford into a private forum. The size of this role-play will be a colossal
one, and we both feel the way posting works here is very disorganized and a
rather big pain in my ass. The amount of information that needs to go into this
world is too large for me to fit in this style of forum.

We want to turn Daggerford into it's own website and forum ( I have done this
before) and we feel that if everyone participates, this can go a long way. We
will continue to recruit and play here for awhile, but I think we will begin the
creation of a separate website. If anyone has any suggestions or oppositions
to this decision, please don't hesitate to voice them.

The Cynic
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Mon May 07, 2012 6:44 pm

Hello! :) Nice to meet you all. I have to say, I stumbled upon the OOC of this RP first, was slightly intrigued, then went to read your posts and the writing is utterly amazing. The characters are intriguing and I am hopeful about the Quest angle as well. Seems like it would add a bit of spice randomly throughout the RP while also helping to enhance the story.

I would also enjoy following this throughout whatever medium Cynic and Elysium decide to take it so just let me know when/if this place moves. :p
"...you know we've fuckin' broken down as a society when people just explode in forests." ~Gasmask in The Unexplainable.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Mon May 07, 2012 8:39 pm

It's a yes for me, too. I would hate to lose the RP if you two decide to move it elsewhere. Private forums are much easier, in my opinion, for a large storyline.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Wed May 09, 2012 9:25 am

**ATTENTION**

The new forum is up! It will likely be in full function by
tomorrow. I will be PMing all of you regarding this. I
am also going to be reposting all the threads, probably.
We shall see. I look forward to seeing you all there. Also,
we still need a few more recruits (need some assassins
and some more males!) If you know anyone, let them
know about Daggerford. Thank you.
Last edited by The Cynic on Tue May 22, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Cynic
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TakingElysium on Wed May 09, 2012 7:27 pm

ATTENTION PLEASE

We have moved our Roleplay to a forum. If you have not been PMed by Cynic, then please send me a message, and I will locate you to it.

TakingElysium
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!