Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Twelve Guardians

The Twelve Guardians

a part of “The Twelve Guardians”, a fictional universe by Berwald Oxenstierna.

The kingdom of Winterfall is recovering from a very long war and its king is being assassinated by many unknown forces. Will you, one of twelve guardians, be able to keep the king safe? <MANY SPOTS NEEDED TO BE FILLED>

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Twelve Guardians”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Twelve Guardians

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackwolf on Sat May 19, 2012 11:30 pm

Hello...I'm sorry but I have to tell you all a very grave news...my uncle has...gone and my cousin, Berwald is in a state of shocked right now...I'm afraid it would take a long time for him to recover but I'm trying my best...I'm really sorry...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

blackwolf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReaperGirl4 on Sat May 19, 2012 11:32 pm

D: oh my god that's terrible! I'm so sorry!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ReaperGirl4
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TnevdaNai on Sun May 20, 2012 12:10 am

Oh dear...I may not know Berwald, but I do know how that feels like, so do give him my condolences. :\ I'm sorry for the lost.
"Terribly sorry for not being on for quite some time. I know some people might be a little mad at me for not being there but..."

*adjust brand new spectacles* x_x

TnevdaNai
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deallo on Sun May 20, 2012 12:30 am

My sincere condolences. Tell Berwald he'll have my highest hopes for the future.

Deallo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lom.conor on Sun May 20, 2012 12:41 am

Oh. I am very sorry to hear that.

I hope your family best wishes.

So does that mean we should pack up and call it quits for now?
If your heartaches seem to hang around too long
And your blues keep getting bluer with each song
Remember sunshine can be found behind the cloudy skies
So let your hair down and go on and cry

lom.conor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arlathina on Sun May 20, 2012 12:59 am

That is very unfortunate, and while I do not know how losing someone that close feels he has my sincere condolences. I wish him the best, and hopefully in time he will recover.

So, I would not bother Berwald with trying to GM this roleplay in his time of grief, but at the same time, I do not want to end the roleplay. It has just began to get interesting. And I do not think he still wants to participate in the roleplay, in which case we would have to find someone to roleplay his character.

So what will our solution be blackwolf?

Arlathina
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deallo on Sun May 20, 2012 1:09 am

I'm pretty sure it means there is gonna be a grace period from RP in which he gets time to mourn in peace.

Come on guys. This normally goes without saying :/

Deallo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lom.conor on Sun May 20, 2012 1:54 am

Deallo wrote:I'm pretty sure it means there is gonna be a grace period from RP in which he gets time to mourn in peace.

Come on guys. This normally goes without saying :/

My question was directed towards the players. I was simply asking what everyone else thought would be the best course of action.

I have never been in an RP where the GM had to involuntarily take a leave.

Now, that goes without saying that obviously Berwald is allotted his time to mourn, and I think you misinterpreted our intentions when we were asking completely innocent questions.

Yes, it is sad Berwald and blackwolf have to experience this, and there is no need to say that they should be given peace. I would expect no less under the same situation, as I have been in the same situation.

However, concerning our fellow players, I think I have every right to question what to expect. As somebody who does NOT know what to expect, please excuse me for dare having the audacity to grasp for a little understanding.

Again, condolences to Berwald and blackwolf. May your father rest in peace.

lom.conor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallen on Sun May 20, 2012 2:25 am

Can someone give me a breakdown on what has happened,
as well as just tell me the current scene of the guardians?
I want to do a quick intro post to just get my character in there ._.'

Fallen
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackwolf on Sun May 20, 2012 3:31 am

Well...thanks, you guys...my best answer is, well, I guess one of you guys can take our characters until he recovers or I can fully participate in the roleplay, I will try to contact you as frequently as I can. It was...is a hard blow on my family and...well, I really don't have anything else to say...time will tell and I guess I will come to the OOC section and talk to you guys...I gotta go now...and I probably come back later if I can...please take our characters for me, alright?

blackwolf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lom.conor on Sun May 20, 2012 8:02 am

blackwolf wrote:Well...thanks, you guys...my best answer is, well, I guess one of you guys can take our characters until he recovers or I can fully participate in the roleplay, I will try to contact you as frequently as I can. It was...is a hard blow on my family and...well, I really don't have anything else to say...time will tell and I guess I will come to the OOC section and talk to you guys...I gotta go now...and I probably come back later if I can...please take our characters for me, alright?

Please take as much time as you can. Time is the best thing you can take.
When my sister died, my whole family was distraught, and it took a while, but after a few weeks of letting it sink in and such, we sorta work up.

Occupy yourselves, that's all I can say. Takes the pain off your mind.

As for the characters, I'll take care of Alexander WIllard and I recommend each character taken care of by one player, who does his best to replicate blackwolf's and Berwald's writing.

Out of respect for blackwolf and Berwald, I think it best we don't start up again for a bit, maybe tomorrow.

lom.conor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Slendyman on Sun May 20, 2012 9:26 am

It's all ready been advised, but yes keep yourself busy. I was put in your place before, I had lost an Cousin during a roleplay on a forum and it took a bit o time; but you get over the bump in the road. I ended up cleaning my house till it was spotless, it really helped though with the situation.

Slendyman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inspiration on Sun May 20, 2012 12:07 pm

Oh dear...my condolences go to you two and your family as I do know what losing a family member is like.

Take as much time as you need.

Inspiration
Member for 15 years
Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Sun May 20, 2012 4:31 pm

Well, I do give you condolences, but I don't feel sorry for you. I look upon death as a positive thing. It is a natural way of life, because frankly, nobody can live their life to the fullest, nor will be remembered until death. We live, we die, et cetera et cetera.

Not to sound harsh or anything.
I am not 『ins△ne.』
I am just extremely 『dedica̷t̴e̶d̷』
to the act of losing my 『ḿ̸̘͜͠ì̵͉͗n̴͓̝̚ḏ̴͈͋̿.』

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sun May 20, 2012 4:42 pm

Maybe you should change it to "not feeling sorry for the father because death is a natural part of life." Not feeling sorry for Berwald just strikes of you being uncaring asshole.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RebornAncient12 on Sun May 20, 2012 6:47 pm

Sorry for your lost, blackwolf.

RUN

RebornAncient12
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hero-of-ages-vin on Sun May 20, 2012 8:03 pm

Im going to be gone on a camping trip starting on Wednesday and I won't be back for awhile, does anyone want to play my characters for a teeny bit?
Image View the dancing Tiger and smile.

hero-of-ages-vin
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horseygirl on Sun May 20, 2012 8:20 pm

OMG I'm so sorry, blackwolf. When I lost my parents, I tried my best to stay out of the house and train (for horseback riding) until my legs felt like they where about to fall off. I was only eight, so I had to move in with my aunt. Leaving the house actually made it better. I totally know what you and your cousin are going through. Would you like me to take over for your character for now?
I was your cure, but you were my disease. I was saving you, while you were killing me.

Horseygirl
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby candykitten on Sun May 20, 2012 10:32 pm

I'm sorry to hear what happened. Let him know that we are all here supporting him, and hope that he finds the strength to push through this lost.

As for the topic of whether or not to continue, we should vote. When I was badly injured in my car accident earlier this school year, I left it up to the members of my roleplay on whether or not to continue without me. If there were more yes's, then I posted my character up for "adoption" with the expectation that I would be getting it back, when I came back. We could vote to do the same thing here, if Blackwolf is willing to help do so (it would require getting Berwald to either let him on his account to do so, or convince him to put it up himself.) Only til all votes are in will action (or non-action) take place.

If you wish to continue, then type yes, and if your wiling to play one of the characters, state which one.

If you wish to wait for their return, then type no and your reason why.

My Vote: No: Characters can be played by the person they are adopted by, but the new play would never be able to feel, and show, the true emotion of the character. And if done poorly, even on accident, it can ruin the roleplay for the other roleplayers, leaving no roleplay for the GM to come back to and be proud of because slowly everyone stopped posted.
ImageImage

candykitten
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hero-of-ages-vin on Mon May 21, 2012 7:34 am

My Vote: No, because I am also going away for awhile and I would perfer for the roleplay to stop rather than someone else take my characters for awhile. I mean I would if I had to but I'd rather not. I agree with candykitten.

hero-of-ages-vin
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!