Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

They Mostly Come Out at Night...Mostly

They Mostly Come Out at Night...Mostly

a part of “They Mostly Come Out at Night...Mostly”, a fictional universe by NemotheDroneAlien.

Choose sides, fight for survival, and hope it's all a bad dream.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “They Mostly Come Out at Night...Mostly”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: They Mostly Come Out at Night...Mostly

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Wed May 16, 2012 6:31 pm

Yeah, and that's another thing. The Comic Predalien had a lot of differences to the movie. It was like a foot taller and wider, was a dark tan or brown, had more amoring on it, didn't have the ugly movie pred dreadlocks, and most importantly it's demeanor was night-and-day difference. "Chet", as the directors called her in the movie, was more of the shadowy puppet-master, thinker sorta alien. Whereas a comic predalien was just a big hulking raging monster. It would smash, it would roar, it would charge, it would roar again. And it did take trophies :). A far better candidate for the offensive "Oh sweet baby Jesus, we're screwed" elite monster of doom R.T.M.X. suggested.
"Yes, I'm crazy, and I should hope you are, too. Honestly, it's all these damn "sane" people that scare me....."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Wed May 16, 2012 7:59 pm

And umm.......... yeah, I was looking through Megan Renae Sullivan's equipment......... "I'm not good with guns, but if it helps at all, the rifle I'm thinking of is black" I'm sorry, but that made me laugh. Nemo, that makes no difference what-so-ever cause when it comes down to it you can get a pink M16. Can you tell me a bit more? I'm a gun nut so I might be able to tell you what it is, how accurate it is, how often it jams, how it fires, how much kick it has, and most importantly how big a hole it makes. Can you tell me anything? Like does it have a clip? Is it bolt-action of lever-action? What caliber does it fire? Is it like a hunting rifle or an assault rifle? Or just describe what it looks like. Trust me it is important to know what kind of gun it is, especially since it's your gun. You'd like to know what it can do, right?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Wed May 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Raidose wrote:And umm.......... yeah, I was looking through Megan Renae Sullivan's equipment......... "I'm not good with guns, but if it helps at all, the rifle I'm thinking of is black" I'm sorry, but that made me laugh. Nemo, that makes no difference what-so-ever cause when it comes down to it you can get a pink M16. Can you tell me a bit more? I'm a gun nut so I might be able to tell you what it is, how accurate it is, how often it jams, how it fires, how much kick it has, and most importantly how big a hole it makes. Can you tell me anything? Like does it have a clip? Is it bolt-action of lever-action? What caliber does it fire? Is it like a hunting rifle or an assault rifle? Or just describe what it looks like. Trust me it is important to know what kind of gun it is, especially since it's your gun. You'd like to know what it can do, right?

Bolded.

I almost bought one. And it's an AR-15. M16 is mil-spec.
I am not 『ins△ne.』
I am just extremely 『dedica̷t̴e̶d̷』
to the act of losing my 『ḿ̸̘͜͠ì̵͉͗n̴͓̝̚ḏ̴͈͋̿.』

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Wed May 16, 2012 9:16 pm

Same body, same model, same muzzle, same 5.56mm rounds, and grade firing pin (which you can grind down to make it go from semi-auto to...... well, you know XD), so basically same thing. But either way, anything can help. Inculuding the one piece of info that I...... didn't give you.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Thu May 17, 2012 3:44 pm

Hmmm..... Nemo hasn't posted in a while, should we be worried? I mean we are kinda overhauling his whole story here.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Thu May 17, 2012 5:26 pm

He can be busy. Just shoot a PM over his way just to be sure.

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Thu May 17, 2012 6:13 pm

And I just shot you with a PM.

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Thu May 17, 2012 8:58 pm

Didn't he ask us to post once a day? I hope this didn't go D.O.A., I had high hopes for this rp.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NemotheDroneAlien on Sat May 19, 2012 10:52 pm

HOLY HECKAMENT!!!! OUT OF THIS WHOLE FREAKING WEEK i CAN FINALLY GET ON THIS SLOW-ASS COMPUTER!!!! Arrrrrgggghhh. I'm sorry guys for not posting, my whole week has been a bust. Anyway.....

Hahahaha, sorry about not being too specific with the gun Megan has. I have no talent of knowing guns at all. Um, I'll look up what was named and see if the guess was right. I know the whole 'I'm not sure what it is but I know its black' thing was so pethetic. I remember this freaking rifle being used in a horror-comedy film called, Zombie Land. hahaha!

PS: Don't make those hater cracks on the newborn in Resurection, he was cute and made good puppy eyes. *shivers* me and my best friend were in tears when the newborn died the way he did. Ugh, I'm never EVER emotional when watching films but THAT defentanly was pulling tears. His sad faces were cute dang it, and what made it worse for me was he SQUEAKED!

PPS: Me and me friend busted out laughing when one of the phycho scientists held in the hive where Ripley was taken to witness the birth of the newborn said after it aproached Ripley, "Your a beautiful, beautiful butterfly!" heheh it still makes me chuckle at this computer thinking about it.
Weyland-Yutani Corp.

Building Better Worlds

NemotheDroneAlien
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sun May 20, 2012 8:59 am

Holy shit-balls Batman! Nemo isn't DEAD!!!! Do you realize what this means you fools??? WE CAN CONTINUE!

THWEI DE-SI THWEI PAYA!

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NemotheDroneAlien on Sun May 20, 2012 9:50 am

R.I.P.
NemotheDroneAlien

NemotheDroneAlien
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sun May 20, 2012 10:25 am

Okay, to recap on all things needing GM approval:

• Using the "pure bred" system to explain hive development and praetorian/queen growth. Scroll back a bit to catch up.
  • Using the comic predalien over the movie predalien. Seeing as the comic predalien is bigger, meaner, tougher, and serves it's purpose as ginormic rage monster instead of the leery movie predalien.
  • I'm pretty sure we agreed on 2180-2181 for the setting. At least I think we did.....
  • There isn't any weird mish mash with colonial marines, but there is with preds. But I can simplify most of the stuff when your ready, just need to know which of the described yautja societies we're going with here.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NemotheDroneAlien on Sun May 20, 2012 10:52 am

okay, frick, remind me inbetween what movies was 2180-2181 so I can get it clear in my head.

NemotheDroneAlien
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sun May 20, 2012 12:20 pm

Ummm...... none. ALIENS and ALIEN 3 were 2179. The Earth-Hive war was 2190, so I thought you'd want something in-between.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Sun May 20, 2012 7:50 pm

And drampire, a female yautja looks like this...

Code: Select all
[img]http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/5797/femalepredator1.jpg[/img]

The picture you have up is human...

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sun May 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Yep, ugly, big, and a little scary. It's actually interesting Drampire's is so short, as they average a bit taller then male yautja's in most accepted cannon. But Nemo, can we get a yay or nay on the approval of any of the stuff I listed? There's still the guidelines for predators to go over, which are equally as confusing as the aliens. Namely stuff like they're life span. Some comics say they only live to be 300, yet others have had yautja anywhere from 800 to even a thousand. And given an interesting story behind that black powder pistol from predator 2 and R.T.M.X.'s pred being 250+, I'd lean towards predator's have far greater longevity then a mere three hundred years.

Another thing is the social structure of predators. Many comics have hinted towards a organized hierarchy of noble blooded families while others hinted towards a kind of monarchy. In my opinion, the way yautja act reminds me of bushido. Bushido being the Samurai Code. Samurai = feudal Japan. Feudal Japan = kinda weak in the "women's rights" department. A better point of view might be that since yautja life revolves entirely around The Hunt, the answer comes down to a simple "you don't hunt, you don't matter". And female yautja don't hunt. Not to mention it'd be a little weird to have a queen predator when there's already a queen alien.

And lastly whether or not female yautja are indeed larger then males. Most sources of cannon say yes, but a few have disagreed. I, however, am indifferent on this. But yeah, three things that need your say to go with the others and my opinions to tag along with. These are the last things that need answers as far as I know.

EDIT: Oh wait! There was one more thing. The predator's natural vision. In the movies it was just the super blurry thermal vision, yet in countless novels, comics and stories they have the yautja describing color. And with such detail in crafting and creating technology, they must need something better then thermal vision to see. How else would they be able to see a holograph? Now my explanation is that they may have thermal glands in their eyes similar to snakes. Maybe the predator in the first movie chose to use these glands to better track Dutch through the jungle and underbrush. But again, all this requires approval and is mostly my opinion.. Okay, now I'm done.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Sun May 20, 2012 9:21 pm

Actually, there are female yautja that do hunt. Females actually have more say than the males, as well.

http://www.jokerdesigns.com/thehunted/

Here's the site.

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sun May 20, 2012 11:17 pm

Again, if you read on he states that it is a theory, not proven. Along with the theory of a semi-developed government and a hierarchy. And I can recall several stories recalling predators having noble bloodlines that formed the hierarchy. As I stated, there are multiple theories and several novels and stories have played on this in their own way. While there is nothing stopping a female from hunting, it is usually very uncommon. As there are multiple theories I say leave it up to the GM to decide which this rp follows.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NemotheDroneAlien on Mon May 21, 2012 3:39 pm

Okay, I'm settled on the years that this RP is in or going to be in. I'll be honest though, I haven't read neither of the Aliens or Alien vs Predator comics. All of the comic and book stores that I've been in have been cruel enough to not have a single copy of a comic. I don't know whats the deal with my location in the state, but they've clearly tortured me by making those comics very hard to find. My point, I have to base the years inbetween the Alien movies rather then the comics, otherwise I won't understand.

As for the predalien mess, I don't think it's a good idea to put this creature into this RP. It seems to be too complicated and unclear of how the predalien works, along with many opinions and disagreements. Especially if there is an annoyance with the predalien in AVP Requium because that's the only predalien I've seen so far. Correct me if I'm wrong but, I think someone mentioned, Raidose, I think, mentioned another predalien in a comic with a more destructive characteristic. But, like I said, I haven't read the comics. :( So, it may do best if the predalien isn't added.

Now, predators...oi. I find the Yautja more complicated then the xenomorph. The life spans really depend on the players with predator characters. If a player wants their character to be 800+ years, that's fine. If another wants their character to be 1000 years, that's fine. If another want their predator to only be 250+ that's also fine. Just because it's below 300 years doesn't mean its going to stay that way forever, that's the bitch about aging. But if the highest life span of a Yautja is a thousand years old, then that is the limit in this RP.

Let's see what else....ah! Female predators. I don't see, at least in this RP, why a female pred can't hunt. When it came to genders of both alien and predator I didn't want to have a strict hold of it and limit the players' choices on their character. So, players can have male or female characters of any species, regardless of what comics or movies desplay on the subject. Oh, the female predators aren't queens like the queen alien. Just female hunters.

mm....yeah, I can see what you mean about the vision of the predator. They're just too advanced in technology to just have thermal vision as sight. I have no idea how else the yautja could see, the only clue that was given WAS the thermal in the movies. Then again, I always thought that thermal vision came from the inside of the mask rather than the hunters' eyes itself. I don't know, but you do have a good point. If you'd want to use color vision rather then thermal, knock yourself out, go ahead.

P.S. This comment would have been posted much earlier but right when I was finishing up, one of my kittens decided to walk straight across my keyboard. To my horror, her freaking paw steps RIGHT on the power button! Poof! There goes my original comment. Grr, I had to retype the whole thing...

NemotheDroneAlien
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NemotheDroneAlien on Mon May 21, 2012 3:44 pm

R.T.M.X., looking at this photo it has clearly been stated...."Yep, she'll never be seen on a CoverGirl magazine."

NemotheDroneAlien
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!