Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Life in Bretonnia

Life in Bretonnia

a part of “Life in Bretonnia”, a fictional universe by Breeze.

Build and conquer as you live out the life of a Knight. Fight and die for the sake of your families honor.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Life in Bretonnia”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Life in Bretonnia

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Breeze on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:53 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Life in Bretonnia"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Breeze
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Life in Bretonnia

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:15 pm

I am highly interested in this warhammer roleplay.... would you be interested in a warhammer 40,000 roleplay if I were to start one? I'm kinda trying to find people interested before I actually put up the roleplay. Even if you don't join mine I will be submitting a character for your's.
"Serve the Emperor today. Tomorrow you may be dead." - Thought for the day

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Breeze on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:20 pm

Mm, If I can be either a Thousand Son Chaos Space Marine (Sorcerer as it would be rather easy/hard to do a Rubric Marine) or a Sister of Battle, I would be happy to join. I can do a Imperial Guardsman as well.

Happy to have you Cha. :D

Breeze
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:43 pm

well it was going to be more of an Inquisitorial thing... So you can play as pretty much whatever you want as long as it is something an Inquisitor would have in his retinue, or a non-Inquisitor-type character that he would work with. Like maybe a Rogue Trader, or an Arbites enforcer. Other than that criteria though I don't see any problems with anything you want to play as..... BTW the Inquisitor has the same personality type as a young Eisenhorn, an unwavering faith in the Imperium and the Emperor. He is just starting out as an Inquisitor and has recieved permission by the Inquisition to assemble a team for an important mission. What do you think? Questions? Comments? I like to think that I know a lot about Warhammer 40,000 but I don't know nearly as much as i like to think.... So any help would be hot... Heh n.n

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Breeze on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:55 pm

Aw I see. So no on the Thousand Son :P Sister of Battle is a go though as they commonly work with the Inquisition, so I would join that. Nah, no questions, seems pretty self-explanatory. Killing people that may or may not be heretics just to be sure, killing almost all Xenos we see (Besides the ones that can be used), maybe stopping a demon incursion here or there. Just the normal Inquisitorial thing, although, I have a feeling some of my characters would be dying in your RP (For realism sake.)

Breeze
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:00 pm

Well if one of your characters was going to die there would probably be some divine intervention. Oh, BTW tell your friends. n.n

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Breeze on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:05 pm

Nah, don't worry about that. In dark, gritty rp's like a 40k Inquisition story would be, I usually kill my characters off and make new ones to replace them. Its just a writers quirk I have.

EDIT: Nevermind that part, I will update it in the OCC.

Attention

Those large chunks of land you all see in the map are not for you to chose. Those large chunks are ruled by Dukes who are far superior to your characters at the moment. You start in a small castle in the provenance of Lyonesse. Someday you may become a Duke who does indeed rule one of these huge land pieces, but for now, you are a nobody.

Breeze
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:23 pm

I think I'll be joining this XD
"I run in triangles, I'm a rebel, I don't do circles"

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Breeze on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:23 pm

Love to have you :D

Breeze
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:30 am

OK I need to know. Does this country have a magna carta limited monarchy or his it totally ruled be the king.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Breeze on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:40 am

No, there was never a document like the magna carta written. The King does have the final authority, but his authority is based on the will of the 14 dukes.

If you prefer to think of it this way, the 14 dukes are pretty much all kings of their pieces of land. By having control of the majority of dukes, the king maintains control of the country. It is not uncommon for dukes to rebel in an attempt to grab the throne.

Breeze
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:58 am

So are the politics more like that of the Holy Roman Empire back in the day?

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Breeze on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:43 am

More so Medieval France, but Holy Roman Empire is a way to look at it. I only say France as France had more... independent nobles then the Holy Roman Empire.

Breeze
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:52 am

Now how popular is Louen Leoncoeur and where is the capital/castle in which he resides? Sorry about all the questions it just seems useful to know the politics in this roleplay.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Breeze on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:57 am

His castle is in Couronne where he is also the duke of. There is some basic information on him under the character section in populace of Bretonnia which would answer your popularity question as well as some other basic information.

Breeze
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:02 pm

Now how connected are all the knights of the realm? Are there occasional travels, a message system, and is there a summit where they all meet every once in a while?

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Breeze on Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:12 pm

A message system? It would be a rider with a letter. It is medieval times.. there is no internet nor phones to communicate over long distances. The best way to communicate is to build up a reputation and use it. I will put up balls and tournaments where you will all gather together (Assuming you agree to go), and you can mingle and get to know each other as well as other influential lords of your area. The only time almost all knights of the kingdom would be gathered in the same place is during the Kings Tournament which happens once a year.

Breeze
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:11 pm

I wasn't talking about modern. Pidgeons and other birds have been used to deliver messages in our world for thousands of years in multiple civilizations in different continents. Or it could be like the Inca who could deliver their messages faster then doing it on horse, just because the couriers were that cardio fit. Those are the kind of system I'm talking about, one that the kingdom may use in times of emergency. I also wanted to know on how well the road systems are. Are they bad, OK, or like Roman/Incan good. If those type of systems don't exist could they be later invented?

As far as the social events go it sounds good to me.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Breeze on Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Yea... no birds... I suppose if you wanted to spend enough time to train a messenger bird you could, but then you would be alone in having one unless you could convince other knights to take it up as well. Its a country that has no large towns to speak of... I would say the roads would be gravel at best traveled and simple worn paths would be the norm.

If you wanted to invent bird messaging then you could, and if you could afford the price it takes to build roads then go for it. Roads are expensive and require large amounts of labor. Very time consuming especially if you want cobblestone roads.

Breeze
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:45 pm

How much would we know about each other (our characters and our villages) exactly? I thought this might affect us when we are roleplaying or are having our characters meet for the first time, so I am posting this question here.

I feel that there are things our characters shouldn't know yet and our profiles give away alot of things, so there might be a limit to what we know IC. For example, my character Worren Banehallow might not know that Korban Arakian (played by Popu) wields a bow as he might think that korban still follows the knight's customs of not using ranged weapons. Or that Keren Chiakin (played by child) has a brother named Zohar.

But these might be public knowledge. So, is there any way to tell if what's our profile is publically known and what is not? Or should we post roughly what others will know about us (before they meet), like a very short paragraph about what the common knowledge of what our villages and characters will be.

A smilie costs nothing, but in the internet, it is EVERYTHING.

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!