Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Stand By Me

Need More People

a part of “Stand By Me”, a fictional universe by Scarlett_Rose.

Stand by me is a interactive role play in which the characters create the plot. They start of a children and over time create bonds,have adventures, and discover themselves through one another.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Stand By Me”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Need More People

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:48 pm

I have had to reject/remove profiles because of:
1) Lack of literacy
2) Not following the rules( ONCE AGAIN READ THE QUESTION,ANSWERS,AND RULES AS WELL AS THE INTRODUCTION)
3) Unoriginal characters
4)Not posting within the time frame giving without giving notice.

I have others who have put time, effort, and their thought into the creation of their characters. Please, if you are not able to meet the qualifications to be accepted, do not wast my time.

I do not mean to come off as rude, but it is unfair to others who are ready to shape a role play if you are only joining because this has the chance of turning into a romance. I can see from how you outline your profile how you will structure your post, as well looking over your writer stats.

I have said literacy was a requirement, as well as the ability as post a minimum of three paragraphs. I take this very seriously. I do not want other role players to become annoyed or lose interest because of lack of responses .

Please, take the time to read over everything before submitting. I am not desperate enough for players to accept anyone. I am more than willing to work with you, just PM me.

I'm sorry to rant, this is just getting out of hand. I appreciate the responses, but like I said, read over everything before submitting. I took the time to create the links, use them.

Questions,Answers, and Rules

ImageThey say the world through a child's eyes is pure, free of judgement, and simple...and maybe they are right. It was,after all, during their years as children that they made the bonds that would follow them into their adult years. Of course, looking back they never would have guess their friendship would impact their lives in such a way. They were simply kids doing what kids do best...having fun.

Evenings spent crowded together in a fort made just of old sheets and some throw pillows could become anything they wished. Inside their fortress they could be anything they wanted: Pirates defending a treasure,knights rescuing damsels in distress,and explores discovering new creatures lurking in the shadows. As day light faded and darkness over took, their fun was yet to be done. Picture shows became their source of amusement, their shadows acting as the performers. There was no judgement....there was no hate...they were only kids, who for a moment, could create a world of their own.

That's the joy of being a child. You don't need music to make you dance, alcohol to relax you, or drugs to make you fly...all you need is a place to call your own, a good imagination, and a few good friends who will stand by you.

What is Stand By Me about?
Stand By Me: a role play based on life is an interactive role play in which the characters create the plot. They start of a children and over time create bonds,have adventures, and discover themselves through one another.

Of course, that would make things too simply...am I right? Things become more difficult as the characters grow. Life becomes more than just playing tag and building forts. They will struggle though the difficulties of everyday life, while trying to hold on to the friendship they have come to rely on. Some may move away, some may drift apart, and some may stay together, but one fact will stay the same throughout this role play....

Now comes the part where I explain who I am looking to create such a role play with. Of course we all hate this part, but as much as I hate to say it...some people do not have the dedication to stay with a role play.

*Literacy. I can not stress this enough. I am extremely tired of reading short and choppy sentences. Not everyone can write five-eight paragraph responses, and that is perfectly fine, but I promise you, it is possible to write an amazing post with a minimal of three paragraphs if you know how.

* Commitment is the key. It doesn't matter how many role players you have, everyone plays an important part. I beg you, if you join this role play, stick it out through the end...or at least tell us if you will no longer participate.

*A willingness to move the role play forward on your own. If you feel things are dragging on...push them forward.

*Imagination. That pretty much speaks for itself.

Profile sheets:
Since this is a role play based on characters, I feel it should be free range. Create the character you want using whatever profile sheet you wish. Have fun with it. I will assume the effort you put into the creation of your character is the same you will give during the role play, so take your time and make it wroth reading.

Place KIDS somewhere on your outline

Need at least one male character, and possibly two females

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Need More People

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:56 pm

Submit now :D

Fast past and lots of fun. Join

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!