Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Midnight Run

The Weapons of Midnight Run

a part of “Midnight Run”, a fictional universe by Bosch.

This is a cyberpunk RP set in 2112 about a group of working together to prevent a terrorist plot. Thatā€™s the starting point anyway, itā€™s cyberpunk so expect a of bit existential angst, jaded characters and augmentations.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Midnight Run”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Weapons of Midnight Run

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:47 pm

Weapons List

Pistols

Zenith 10mm Pistol
Produced by: Stiner-Bizly
Caliber: 10 by 39 mm Tungsten Royals
Standard Round: Tungsten Full Metal Jacket with compression-resistant lead slug
Magazine Size: 16 (Standard) 22 (Extended)
Fire: Semi-automatic
Suppressor Compatible: Yes
Concelable: Passes visual inspection
Description:
While most other pistols rely on high-caliber rounds to do the job, the Zenith focuses on utilizing it's high velocity to pierce armor. When coupled with an extended magazine and a suppressor, this pistol can keep you alive and undetected in a gunfight. With the Quantum Seperation implement installed, the round can travel through most types of armor, although it will not pass through ship hulls and reinforced walls over 50 cm thick.

SMGs

Hoke Caseless SMG
Produced by: The Hoke Corporation
Caliber: .45 Colt
Standard Round: Caseless Hollow-point bullet lined with nitroglycerin and phosphorus
Magazine Size: 25 (Standard) 50 (Casket Magazine)
Fire: Automatic (Burst-fire availble)
Suppressor Compatible: No
Concealable: In Vehicles
Description:
Unlike most SMGs of the past, the Hoke is not a simple spray-and-pray weapon. Utilizing electromagnetic recoil-mitigation technology, it makes the weapon heavier but more accurate. Not intended for stealth, the Hoke uses explosive-incendiary rounds for effective suppressive fire and stopping power. Can be used with limited effectiveness against lightly armored or hard targets.

Note

I was going to put this in the technology section but Iā€™ll be honest and say I donā€™t know much about weapons. I know the feeling and look the weapons should have in this world but I wouldnā€™t know a Glock from a Super soaker (See I canā€™t even think of another breed of gun). Therefore Iā€™m going to throw down some parameters and see what you guys can come up with.

First, Plasma weapons, energy weapons and all that Jazz donā€™t exist at least not as a small arm. Maybe on large ships.

Second, while a picture would be an acceptable way to get you point across itā€™s not necessary, I kind of know the parts of a gun (trigger, aim thing, shooty bit.) so if you can write a good description thatā€™s even better.

Third, because of Augments and musclesuits targets tend to be a lot more robust thatā€™s why calibre sizes will be much larger. So 9mm is antiquated while .50 and Magnum rounds have increased in popularity massively. Keep in mind the musclesuits and augmentations mean people can handle the recoil etc.

Fourth, try to make you weapons fit the character. If youā€™re playing a Detective in the MSS itā€™s unlikely youā€™re going to be lugging round a belt fed face melter of a gun.

Thatā€™s it for weapons. Iā€™ll post any I come up with here as well. They donā€™t even have to be entirely fictional maybe a gun from today or the near future.
Last edited by Bosch on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bosch
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: The Weapons of Midnight Run

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RiPjAW 0x3 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:07 pm

Here's an example of some of the more common weapons that could exist (Yes, I borrowed some of these. Don't judge me!):

Zenith 10mm Pistol
Produced by: Stiner-Bizly
Caliber: 10 by 39 mm Tungsten Royals
Standard Round: Tungsten Full Metal Jacket with compression-resistant lead slug
Magazine Size: 16 (Standard) 22 (Extended)
Fire: Semi-automatic
Suppressor Compatible: Yes
Concelable: Passes visual inspection
Description:
While most other pistols rely on high-caliber rounds to do the job, the Zenith focuses on utilizing it's high velocity to pierce armor. When coupled with an extended magazine and a suppressor, this pistol can keep you alive and undetected in a gunfight. With the Quantum Seperation implement installed, the round can travel through most types of armor, although it will not pass through ship hulls and reinforced walls over 50 cm thick.

Hoke Caseless SMG
Produced by: The Hoke Corporation
Caliber: .45 Colt
Standard Round: Caseless Hollow-point bullet lined with nitroglycerin and phosphorus
Magazine Size: 25 (Standard) 50 (Casket Magazine)
Fire: Automatic (Burst-fire availble)
Suppressor Compatible: No
Concealable: In Vehicles
Description:
Unlike most SMGs of the past, the Hoke is not a simple spray-and-pray weapon. Utilizing electromagnetic recoil-mitigation technology, it makes the weapon heavier but more accurate. Not intended for stealth, the Hoke uses explosive-incendiary rounds for effective suppressive fire and stopping power. Can be used with limited effectiveness against lightly armored or hard targets.

Something like that, but doesn't have to be that detailed. Just a thought.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RiPjAW 0x3
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!