Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Psy Prep

Quick and Easy Avatar How-to

a part of “Psy Prep”, a fictional universe by Jadebud98.

Psy Prep has accepted it's very first students! What's special about these students is that they are all psychics! They were brought to the Preparatory to hone their abilities and extinguish villains, but who knows what else lies in the school.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Psy Prep”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Quick and Easy Avatar How-to

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby misssweetness821 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:39 am

So I noticed that a lot of people don't have avatars for their characters. Though it is not personally bothersome, It's nice to be able to put name with a face while we are going through and reading. If anyone would like to know how I personally do it, then read on. It really is very simple.

First off, you need a computer. It won't work from a phone. Simply save the picture you would like to use to your desktop. It may be very large, that's alright. If you only want to use a section of the picture, it's still the same thing.
Then open your photo with paint, and using the select tool drag out a square for whatever part of the image you would like to use. In the bottom corner there is usually a set of numbers "***x***", that is where you are going to look. It does NOT have to be 100x100 at this point, It only matters that the numbers are the same.
After selecting the square you would like to use, save once more and then re-open the file in a photo editing software (most systems have a basic software) and simply re-size to 100x100 avatar and upload. Voila!

If you do not have photo editing software on your computer you can upload your square to this site
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/
and re-size it there. Just remember when you open up your new avatar in a new window you will have to save it to your desktop and then upload it. I know you would have to do so anyway for an avi pic, but if you wanted to re-size any other photo's and use the url provided it expires after a couple of hours.
A simply way to upload your newly re-sized pic to the web is to open an email to yourself and attach the photo. When you open the photo after receiving your email it will now have a permanent url.

I hope this helped! And I look forward to RPing with all of you again :)
I have returned!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

misssweetness821
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Quick and Easy Avatar How-to

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cirrus_sd on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:19 pm

Welcome back, Chloe!

The only reason I don't have an avatar for Mikhail is because I can't find anyone that looks like him :< It's surprisingly difficult to find a blond anime guy with short hair in Daniel Craig James Bond style...I only found one, but he's wearing a suit of gold armor and has earrings, so it doesn't match at all :/

However, I can put up a picture for April. I think I didn't put one for her cuz I was lazy :P
오빤 강남 스타일~!

Mother, Father, Gentleman~!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

cirrus_sd
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!