Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Yggdrasil Online

Yggdrasil Online

a part of “Yggdrasil Online”, a fictional universe by code6435.

When a peaceful Virtual Reality game becomes the war grounds for the battle between science and religion, what will turn out in the end between these two sides?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Yggdrasil Online”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Yggdrasil Online

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby code6435 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:19 am

Welcome to Yggdrasil Online!

Any questions, ask away and I will try my best to help you! Anyways, enjoy your stay and if you, in anyway, dislike about my role-play, please do state so that I can change for the better in the future. This is my second time making a role-play, so please don't take me for granted. Well, again and the last, welcome to my role-play! Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

code6435
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Yggdrasil Online

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PsychicBastard on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:51 am

HAAAAAY

could i reserve a bio-wall person? :o
(in school atm and cant come up with a CS at the moment)
Image Image
Tumblr:
http://fokko-fennekin.tumblr.com/

Pesterchum:
psychicBastard or monochromeDreameater

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PsychicBastard
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evolutionofshadow on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:28 pm

i just starting making a character (for biowall, but my character would also work for helios)

evolutionofshadow
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ageha on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:38 pm

This roleplay seems interesting, can I reserve character in Helios Infinitum? I'll make character today or tomorrow.
Don't say that you can't do it, if you haven't tried.

Ageha
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaizoku Gari no Zoro on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:29 pm

Interesting idea!

Not quite sure what I would make for it, but I will keep it in mind should I figure something out.

Kaizoku Gari no Zoro
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inspiration on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:12 pm

I'd like to reserve a character for Dark Radiance.

Inspiration
Member for 15 years
Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:13 pm

As much as I love the RP's concept and design, there is one thing I am really bothered by. The use of the title "Religious" and how they fit into society. You described them as highly religious people who are prejudice against the advancements of science, not dissimilar from Christians of much older times, to the point where they wish to use violence to eliminate the rest of the world. I'm sorry, I'm just real bothered by that.

In modern times, clearly, most religions can accept the advancements in science, even if it had contradicted what had been the beliefs of older times, for their current beliefs still can be nelieved in, and in their eyes, there is little science can do to disprove their beliefs. Also, you picture this 'Religious' bunch to be against even modern technology and prefer magic. When I hear "Religious", I think "Christian", and according to this idea of old Christianity you're portraying, they were highly against magic. Should I also mention most religions are highly against the use of violence. I'm sorry, but I'm just really bothered by it, despite not being religious myself. Is there a specific religion these people follow? If you would explain deeper about that, it'd make me feel more comfortable, or just scrap the term entirely.

Also, not that it matters, but officially, Mana is the unusable magical energy of the Earth, while Od is the usable magical energy of living things. Humans have very little Od, so human magicians borrow energy from creatures such as fairies, or use magical items (wands, staffs, etc.) to transfer Mana into Od. Though, I suppose your ideas of magic support the functionality of the RP.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:24 pm

Okay, I probably have some weirdnessy-backwardsy mindset at this very moment, but... What? I get the point we probably have to be working towards, I get what is what with the guilds and all that, but...

Is this real life, is this just fantasy?

Y'know, I'm kind of confused on who our characters are supposed to be. Do our sheets need to be about the real life character? Their virtual alter ego? Or both? And if both, does that mean the war between both sides doesn't just take place within this... game?

Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I could understand, both sides oppose each other in reality, but choose to fight it out in a game? Does that sound about right? Or did I just misstep so hard I fell over the edge?
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby code6435 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Sorry, guys. Had a... night... sleep... for school but for now I'm up and later I have to go school. (Fucking schools. They're a torture to my brain) But to answer your question one by one:

Psychic - Yo. Nice to see you in this role-play. :D And yes, You may join Bio Walls. It's literally unlimited in anyways of guild filling, so it's possible to have 10 role-players in one same guild. Though that defeats the purpose of the plot I guess.

evolution - Glad to hear it. I'll wait for your sheet. Just remember to be active in here and you'll be fine. :D

Ageha - Sure! One spot in Helios Infinitum for your character, then!

Zoro - Sure, I'll wait.

Finalhazard3 - I see you again brada. XD But sure, you may join Dark Radiance.

Llyod - Okay, I don't mean to be offensive or anything, but I'll try explaining it to you. Bsically, 'Religious' is just a name for people who decides to have a quarrel about science and magic. Their not faithful believers, but rather they think that the further evolution of humanity's gadget will destroy the world in day, and thus they wanted to have an alternative way to solve the world's disaster crisis. Of course, most people would say that science had help our lives and that this will either be fixed by science, or that it's just an experiment after effects on the world. At first, people thought of it like that, and agreed with it, but what they found about the Scientific side had made them rebel the Scientifics. Since this is an 'alternate universe' and 'futuristic' setting, most probably people will act different accordingly. But even if so, you still feel uncomfortable about it, let's take it to PMs and we'll settle out the differences there. I'm a kind and open guy, so I don't like arguing over role-plays stuffs, especially since it's my role-play. I wish to see everybody in hands and laughing together, not in arms and destroy others.

EVERYONE - I'm sorry, I have something to edit in the sheet. Please look it through again! I'm very sorry! I was tired last night when I posted the role-play! I'm very sorry! >.<

Byte - Why hello. You have any questions, but do ask.

Well, this is in a way, both real life and fantasy. The role-play takes place in the future, and the game is the current... well... popular game or some sort over the world. Though we will be mainly doing this on the game itself, but because we might have the role-play's real life problems, and as we all know that even maybe in the future, that humanity will still have family problems, school problems and etc etc.

In order to fight out their agreements, they once decided not to let it out on the surface, but ever since the game's uprising, their.. uh... inner rage, was let upon and has now changed the game into a totally different game from before. Well, the creators are plotting something that some might have noticed, but as I said, this was only the beginning. It's not about to end with their war, no, but rather a huge plot twist that will turn the world upside down. Well, that is my basic idea of plot.

Yes, that sounded right, and because the rule abides, they couldn't battle it out in the real world, and thus took it upon a world where killing is free.

code6435
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:18 pm

Figured as much, damn I am some evil genius, I must be! Naah, I just got lucky with my guesses, heh. But okay, I think that soothes my confusion entirely. It was just, y'know, that the real life thing seemed so out of place, and this could've easily been a more virtual focused setting, rather than involving what happens in real life.

Let's be honest here, would you like to hear how Bob Whatshisface is failing Math? Or would you rather hear about his alter ego, McBobson, slayer of those who praise technology? My answer is clear. Still, I see what you are trying to pull, and from what I can guess this won't simply be contained within a fake world. (Sssh! I won't tell anyone! :P)

Anyway, with the both of us on the same line regarding 'basic' plot, I think I can poke you with real questions. Starting with my most urgent one: Does death in the virtual realm, equal a death in life? Y'know, the whole Nerve Visor thing? My guess is that any damage done to you in that game will pretty much hurt you for real, but it never hurts to ask its creator, no?

I think that one suffices in... public space. More questions to come in a lovely PM that I will send you personally. (Yes, biscuits and tea are included as always.)

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inno on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:50 pm

Allo!

Just letting you know that I plan on creating and sending you a CS.
I've never tried this type of RP before; magic, religion, wars, etc. So I'm excited. With that said, I apologize in advance if it takes more than a day... or two to get my CS to you. I want it to be as best as I can possibly make it.
Also, are you wanting our out-of-the-game character as well (under that 'Things About Me' part of the CS- or at all)? If you answered that question already, I probably missed it and will reread.

Thank ya!
-Inno
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~A.A. Milne

Inno
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby code6435 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:30 am

Byte - Ooh, teaz! bishkutz! Me want! >.<

Anyways, back to topic. You can actually feel the pain, though not to the extend of a 100%, imagine a pain absorber. It absorbs the pain dealt to the player by a 50%, and death in game does not mean death in life. It'll probably suck if it did, seeing you can log off and stuff. This ain't Sword Art Online, brada. Oh no, this is much better. XD

Inno - Alright! Take your time, make your sheet look beautiful. I'm not a hasty guy, but I rather wait. I'm proud, actually, that my second role-play actually attracted players with questions ready to fire at my face. As said, I'm a kind and open person. Just try not to break the rules. I'll sad if you do... And yes, I'd want OOC details about your character. It may be a fuss, but it'll soon be useful in the role-play... If this can reach to that point that is.

code6435
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evolutionofshadow on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:47 am

Just about finished everything with my character. Just one question, with their physical appearance in game is that different from their physical appearance out of game, like an avatar of sorts, or is it identical or based upon their real body and facial structures.

evolutionofshadow
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby code6435 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:54 am

You can have both, if you want to. But I suggest making it similar so that you don't have to find more pictures just to make a different face. People do that in the game because they do not want to be recognized by any of their friends or enemies, but depending on your character's past enemies, he might have to change his face. It's all yours to decide.

code6435
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evolutionofshadow on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:11 am

just posted my character, if anything needs changing please pm me and i'll get right on it

evolutionofshadow
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:07 am

Weeelllll! Still, feeling a certain amount of damage can pretty much kill you, no? Feeling 50% of getting ripped apart by a giant fan, wouldn't that be kind of painkiller-worthy?

Okay, okay, I'll stop pestering now... Just getting my records straight here. (:D)

I send you another PM, no biscuits this time, though. I ran out. Anyway, with most of my progress questions answered, I can now go work on a sheet. Hoorray!

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby code6435 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:25 am

It will. Mentally. But that just makes thing interesting. We can make comedy out of it and have a sadist start killing the shit out of people and have them come back and have him kill them again. Comedies. XD

Hooray! let's start partying and kill ourselves! *Runs over a cliff and falls off, splatting body parts everywhere.*

I came back to life, and after the confirmations of the other's sheets, then we can start!

code6435
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:51 am

Heh. Naaah, unless this sadist turns out to be some evil clown-thing. Maybe we could, but we should hold onto this comedic card for a good while, don't want to spoil all the fun at once, eh? (:P)

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ageha on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:01 am

On second thought, I think I will stay this one out. It's very similar to my own roleplay, so playing two similar things at once might be confusing. Sorry.

Ageha
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby code6435 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:02 am

Is that so? Well then, I guess I can't help it. Come back whenever you like, though. :D I hope your role-play goes well. :)

code6435
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!