Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

a part of “The Once and Future King”, a fictional universe by Kohananinja.

The veil between the realms of Fae and Man is thinning, and our world once again has need of its greatest king. Enter the reincarnation of King Arthur and his court as they battle dark Fae, Mordred, and their own fate.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Once and Future King”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Once and Future King

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:14 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Once and Future King"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Re: The Once and Future King

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:20 am

may I reserve Merlin please?
"I run in triangles, I'm a rebel, I don't do circles"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Inali on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:44 am

i sent a PM

Lady Inali
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Scarlette on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:30 am

Were we able to gender bender to characters? I'd love to play a reincarnation of Sir Gawain, but as a woman! I think it would be an excellent twist, specially he was considered the Maiden's Knight.
Weird works for me.

Lady Scarlette
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aftershock on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:36 am

Malice, we meet again! Damn you, I was going to reserve Merlin! *sigh* I guess I'll have to claim another character. I'll need to research them...

Aftershock
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:16 am

Hahahaha! *hugs Aftershock* Take Gawain. He's like the most awesome. I know people think Lancelot was like the best but no- Gawain. He's awesome.

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:06 am

Too late for me to call dibs on Gawain? I'd very much like to :)

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aftershock on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:12 am

*Hugs back* Course, Lancelot was the one who had an affair with Guinevere! Speaking of whom, I've PMed inquiring about her and Morgan. I'd be very interested in playing either character.

Go for it Zero! He's yours as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for the tip though Malice

Aftershock
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:52 am

Mhm No Problemo! I absolutely LOOVE Arthurian Legends!
Gawain is obviously my favorite knight and Lancelot -to me- was a lech but ehh
. Like in -all- the books I've read. Gawain was a total badass. Like he was better than both Lancelot and Arthur.
Lancelot was - I hate to admit- a badass too but Gawain was like the Badass.
It was why Arthur chose him to be a Knight of Camelot because he bested him.

Sure, that part is diffferent in other stories but that's the one I like the most because Arthur was smart enough and humble enough to be like "Day-um you just kicked my ass! Join me in kicking other people's asses!"

I'm paraphrasing here but ya know. LOL :3

Feel free to ignore my Arthurian Nerd rant. xD It's very late.

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:54 am

If more than one person is interested in a character, then I'm going application style, so with the exception of the characters reserved in the introduction, feel free to submit a profile for anyone you'd like. I will not be accepting characters until Friday night, so consider that the "application period" to submit a character sheet for highly sought after characters.

I will be choosing based on writing style, literacy, and who submits the most interesting character, so to everyone good luck, and happy writing. :)

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:16 am

Welp I sumbitted my Character It took me about 4 hrs to write on my evil DS but she's done.
Myranda
I hope you can see the sutble and some not so sutble *sheepish laugh* similarites to Merlin. I'm such a nerd, I know xD

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby obeymycapella on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:00 pm

Can I reserve Queen Guinivere? :D Damn I like Arthurian legends very much! :D
C.L.A.S.S. = Come Late And Start Sleeping

OOC: Meep xD

obeymycapella
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:23 pm

Obey, there are no reservations. If you are interested in a character Kohananinja has asked us to submit and she will choose the best fit.

The only characters not up for application are the ones she and DaughterofDon are playing.

"If more than one person is interested in a character, then I'm going application style, so with the exception of the characters reserved in the introduction, feel free to submit a profile for anyone you'd like. I will not be accepting characters until Friday night, so consider that the "application period" to submit a character sheet for highly sought after characters.

I will be choosing based on writing style, literacy, and who submits the most interesting character, so to everyone good luck, and happy writing. :)"

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby daughterofdon on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:44 pm

I am so excited about this game! Lady Scarlette, you should pursue Gawain as a female reincarnation. I really want to see that. And Malice, I much like your Merlin! :)

As for anyone interested in playing Guinevere, there are several contenders, so just write a profile and submit it to Koh.

I also had a few questions, Koh. First of all, has our NYC in the story been affected by Sandy? Is it taking place in the past, present day, or a little bit in the future? Sandy impact could affect what I will write for Lancelot.

Also, are the other reincarnations around the same age as your Arthur? Must they be a little younger, since she might have been reincarnated first and then everyone followed? Or could they be older?

daughterofdon
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:45 pm

I'd say no older than 30, but age is something I'll leave up to you all for your characters. As for Sandy, I'd say this is pretty much modern day, so if you have a spin to use regarding that angle, feel free to use it.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby obeymycapella on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:51 pm

@skullsandsnipers

Thank you very much for explaining, I was confused about what was going on! :D I'm grateful!

I'm very excited about this as well but I have a question, what about Morgana? And female reincarnation of Gawain, I'm looking forward to see it!

EDIT: I'm ashamed of myself for not seeing "Morgan Le Fay down the introduction...Forgive me XD

obeymycapella
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Hee hee snipers....sorry had to, it made me giggle something fierce.

Morgan is a pm to Koh to inquire about it if anyone is interested.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:58 pm

Hey everyone, I'm going to put a quick announcement here for everyone, as i don't think it got translated well in the rules section. The reason I wanted anyone looking to have a magic related character speak to me before hand, are for two reasons:

1.) In this universe, all magic in one way or another comes from Faery, a.k.a. the dimensions parallel to ours where the Fae reside on a separate plane. If your character is magical, they need to be related to the Fae in one way or another. Half fae characters are very very very very very very RARE, so I don't mean to say make the daddy your character has never met a Fae, but be aware if you are a magic user that it is hereditary and runs in the family from an ancestor way back when that got it on with great great great great grandma.

2.) There will also be rules on how magic can and must be used, and how it works. I’m currently working on a short database to explain the admittedly lengthy list.

3.) If you are going to include some sort of mythical creature into the story (especially if it relates to Vampires or Werewolves) you need to run it by me first. Mostly, I’m hoping to stay away from that side of this story’s universe for now, but if it comes up at some point for any reason, you’ve got to know how they operate in this universe.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:04 pm

Oh dear... looks like I've got a lot of competition for Gawain :( I might just give up on him. I'm good, but not THAT good, and I don't want to make people feel bad by ruining the profiles they've worked on for so long for him/her.

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:33 am

Feel free to look at some of the other knights too. I see that Gwain apears to be pretty popular, but there are several other interesting knights on that list as well.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!