Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

The Multiverse

The Old Multiverse

a part of “The Multiverse”, a fictional universe by Remæus.

Where legends collide, warriors rise, and titans fall. This is a massive open world that you are free to explore and interact with; a sandbox for your characters.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Multiverse”.
Where legends collide, warriors rise and titans fall. This is the general in character world, where your creations can rise to fame driven only by your imagination - this is the persistent world in which all characters exist. This whole forum is one big roleplay, with no specific rules or guidelines. If you want to create a roleplay in a single thread, this probably isn't where it needs to be.

Remember - this whole forum is one persistent world - your characters are free to move from topic to topic here with no restrictions.

The Old Multiverse

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:40 pm

Hey everyone,

On February 15th, as part of the [belated] transition of the Multiverse from the forum to the roleplaying system, we will be locking the old Multiverse forum to prevent new forum threads from being created there. Once this takes place, we will be undergoing the process of moving all the threads from there into their appropriate places in the Multiverse.

There are currently 405 threads with over 8,000 posts in this location right now, dating back as far as 2005. Needless to say, this will be a massive undertaking, so we will enlist your help (via this thread). If you have a particular thread you'd like handled in a specific way, questions or comments about this transition, or would like to help, please post here.

When a forum thread is moved into the roleplaying system, it gets a special 'roleplay' tag and all traffic going to that thread automatically gets redirected to the correct location. This looks a little something like this:

Many of the threads take place across multiple locations, so we will be assisting you in getting the posts to the right locations and creating a "Bundle" to provide a single contextual link for you to share with your readers.

I'm hoping this will begin to provide more context for the current (and upcoming) events in the Multiverse, as we tag and organize this content into our more navigable roleplaying system. The Multiverse as we all know it has been around on RPG since the very beginning (2005), and stretches back before that to as early as 1999. There are tens of thousands of participants and millions of words of history and background, creating the massive epic as we know it today. Let's all do our part in helping keep it all together, organized, and accessible.

Tag characters, suggest descriptions, and bundle up the posts relevant to the various storyline arcs you've participated in.

Thanks!

Footnote: On the note of historical legacies, I'm interested in finding logs and content from before this site existed and getting it into the same organization system so that it can be preserved for historical reference. If you or someone you know has any body of work from that period, this is also the place for you to post.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Re: The Old Multiverse

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:10 pm

As planned in the original post, I've now locked the old Multiverse forum. If you have specific requests about where you'd like your threads moved to, please let me know via this thread.

Also, I'm taking volunteers for working through these 8,000+ posts and making sure they get split out in a way that makes sense to people reading the Multiverse in the future.

Thanks for everyone's help already. The überplot looms.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:28 pm

I'm happy to help with questions if anyone is confused. I've been around for a while and am intimately familiar with the Multiverse.
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:35 pm

Combatant876 wrote:What about old IRC roleplay logs? I have a tonne of those if they're of any use.

Yep, though you've been around longer than I have, I have years worth of them spanning 2009-2012 (and some from 2013.) Both OOC and IC.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:29 am

I could use these two threads moved.

calm-before-the-storm-t83776.html
mountainside-temple-desecration-t83777.html

To

Mountain Side Temple
roleplay/the-multiverse/places/mountain-side-temple

There's a bunch of posts scattered about in the Multiverse as well that belong in this location that were posted in other places before you implemented sovereignty so I could make the temple an actual location. If I go through and get a list of them for you, would it be possible to get these moved as well to help consolidate the location history into one place? And if so, where would be the most appropriate place for me to put a request to get them moved?
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:35 pm

All requests up to this point have been handled! I've also manually reviewed another ~50 threads and successfully completed moved them into their appropriate homes.

As of right now, we've got another 343 threads to go, so any help would be appreciated! Feel free to provide your own suggestions, but don't forget to include both a link to the original thread (here in this forum) and the correct location within the list of Multiverse places.

Thanks for the help so far!

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!