Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Aboard The Phoenix

Aboard The Phoenix

a part of “Aboard The Phoenix”, a fictional universe by DragonBreath.

In the land of Terreth, the crew of the The Phoenix, a ship-for-hire airship, go on many jobs and face many dangers.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Aboard The Phoenix”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Aboard The Phoenix

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonBreath on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:40 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Aboard The Phoenix"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DragonBreath
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Aboard The Phoenix

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TnevdaNai on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:29 pm

I'd like to reserve a role here. I had been planning to take a mechanic role but it seems that the Captain is also the mechanic as well.
Unless a highly skilled mechanic is needed, or two mechanics aboard a ship is fine, then I'll select a Mechanic.

If not, I'll try to cook something up.
"Terribly sorry for not being on for quite some time. I know some people might be a little mad at me for not being there but..."

*adjust brand new spectacles* x_x

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TnevdaNai
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quoth_the_Raven on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:20 pm

Heya, looks like a fun roleplay: I submitted a character sheet! Lemme' know if it looks good, and when we can get started!

Quoth_the_Raven
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonBreath on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:53 pm

TnevdaNai wrote:I'd like to reserve a role here. I had been planning to take a mechanic role but it seems that the Captain is also the mechanic as well.
Unless a highly skilled mechanic is needed, or two mechanics aboard a ship is fine, then I'll select a Mechanic.

If not, I'll try to cook something up.

Well.... Highly skilled would be needed, you can be the mechanic I'll change up Markus

DragonBreath
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TnevdaNai on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:26 am

Markus can still be a mechanic if you want, you know. There wasn't any need to change it. ^_^

Well, I'll try to have a CS submitted soon, currently quite busy, but after seeing a flying airship RP, I wouldn't resist.

TnevdaNai
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonBreath on Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:03 am

I will start up the rp at least by Thursday, to give some people time to make characters and such. If you have ANY question whatsoever, pm me or post it here and I will answer it. Just thought I would let you guys know

DragonBreath
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CookieCupcake on Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:16 am

It's nice to see such an interesting array of characters already. Hopefully more are to come can't wait to rp with everyone.
In darkest night's when your afraid. Scared and frightened with no blade.
Close your eyes and il be there. To light the night and open air.
So hold me close and I won't fail. And through this night we shall prevail.

Looking for another RP to join? Why not join mine we could always use more people: http://steamandcogwork.proboards.com

CookieCupcake
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:48 am

Hmm, I'm having an interesting idea for the ships doctor. Mind if I ask for a reservation on that role?

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sathandra on Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:49 am

I've finished my character sheet, let me know what you think and if I should make any changes.

"If I have learned anything about life and love, it is that they are tenuous things that can end at any moment. Caution is essential- but not at the cost of wasting your life."

Sathandra
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonBreath on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:49 am

Wake wrote:Hmm, I'm having an interesting idea for the ships doctor. Mind if I ask for a reservation on that role?

Not at all, go ahead!

DragonBreath
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdmireAtStuff on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:59 am

Is there a problem if there are two ship doctors? If there is, I'll change my character.

AdmireAtStuff
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AgelasticBoy9 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:01 am

I'm looking forward to where this one is going to go! Can't wait to get started!

AgelasticBoy9
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:02 am

Hm, I suppose this roleplay isn't so much of steampunk, but is rather more of a Victorian Fantasy. Well heck, I'll join! I'll join any RP that takes place on any sort of ship. For fantasy RPs, I do have a character in mind, but I'm not too sure how it'll fit into this one.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TnevdaNai on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:31 am

Your petite Mechanic is ready for duty. ^_^
If any of you catch the 2 references in her CS, you are entitled to having your character being a close friend of Ria's!
(JK, but it would be awesome if any of you caught the references.)

TnevdaNai
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheDrarchy on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:17 am

This looks like an interesting RP! :) I would like to join, please!
Can you reserve a spot for a cook?
Last edited by TheDrarchy on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheDrarchy
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:30 am

AdmireAtStuff wrote:Is there a problem if there are two ship doctors? If there is, I'll change my character.

If your willing to make your character an assistant/apprentice to mine, then I'd be fine with it. Looking at your character I think she'd go along great with what I have in mind for mine.

[edit] as a side note, Gamut the cranky old lizard is up and ready for business.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:01 pm

Okay, I have a design for a character, I'd just like some help with it.

My character is a fairy, one with power over ice. Fairies have long lifespans that very depending on where they live, and can heal from any injury. Fairies are known as embodiments of nature, so, if a fairy lives near a plant, said plant is bound to grow bigger and stronger than it usually would, even a sickly one.

Anyhow, my character has a reputation behind her, and that is the reputation of being incredibly dumb. Just as she looks like a child, she acts, thinks and talks like one too, despite being at least 70 years old. Not to mention that like other fairies, she is mischeivous and impulsive. Though one with a more caring personality could adore her, about anyone can find her annoying over a period of time. However, a remarkable trait about her is that she is extremely stubborn, which factors into her determination on courage, and never backs down from a challenge, even from an inanimate object.

Of course, though I love playing as this character, I'm just wondering how she'll fit in. I was thinking that maybe at some point, due to fairies being a nuisance to the public, they were shunned by society, and ended up being spread far apart from each other. Similarily, while fairies are connected to nature, due to much land being used for cities, many natural land has been used up, so wild plants and trees aren't as abundant, and the same had applied for fairies. I was thinking my character, having lived in the city, probably wouldn't have lasted much longer, but somehow, she was being called to somewhere far away, or somebody told her to go to a certain place. Of course, it's ambiguous where this place is, but to get there, my character will have probably hitched a ride on an airship, namely the Phoenix.

That's the best I could come up with, and it's obviously pretty weak. I was thinking maybe y'all could help me come up with something, such as maybe she as some sort of aquaintanceship with a crew member or something?

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:21 pm

I could porbably help with that. My character would just as old as her, and probably could have met her in the past.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sathandra on Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:54 pm

This is just a thought but if she needs to be around nature wouldn't having her on the ship be pretty difficult for her? I mean she wouldn't be able to be with the ship for too long before she'll need to arrive to her destination, and then the RP would have to go back and forth between our adventures and visiting your character to keep her involved.

Those are just my thoughts on it anyways.

Sathandra
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:29 pm

@Sathandra Well, it's not so much as she depends on it, more of she'd be more drawn toward it. Being away from nature for an extended period of time might make her slightly weaker as an individual, as fairies, due to being weak, stick to the strategy that 'power is always in numbers', and to them, nature counts in their 'numbers', if that makes any sense. My character is actually one who not only enjoys the presence of nature, but back when fairies and nature were more abundant, my character had a tendency to visit nearby cities and towns every now and then, simply because curiosity draws her to them, so there is no doubt she'd love to go on an airship. Anyhow, my ideas are kinda weak, so, I'm willing to change to anything that works really well.

Also, I made a profile for my character, it just has to be accepted, though it isn't quite finished. All I need is the Bio (and Role). I made my character anyway so people could see it. Although, you should be able to see it here.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!