Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Forth Rode the King

Forth Rode the King

a part of “Forth Rode the King”, a fictional universe by Brawness.

The king is dead, bards and courtly minstrels sing of lands asunder. The Bastard Prince now sits on the throne favoured by His Late Majesty. Again the Isles gradually descends into a violent twist of loyalty and betrayal.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Forth Rode the King”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Forth Rode the King

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Fri May 10, 2013 5:25 pm

I also have to agree with Jester, Tigerking. If you just read through what you write before posting because I think we all do the same thing without realizing and revert back to the now when writing. So if we all just go over it, we can easily remove such errors :)

x

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brawness on Fri May 17, 2013 2:54 am

I return, a thousand pardons for my sudden absence. I was getting new broadband, which is many times more efficient/faster than my shared wireless connection. I now longer have high blood pressure due to constant disconnections and sudden slow downs.
Insert Philosophical Quote Here

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Brawness
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Fri May 17, 2013 5:36 am

I could not come up with a new character sadly. What I did was convert a character from my unused stock to this roleplay.

I put him up today.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brawness on Fri May 17, 2013 9:12 pm

Colonel_Masters wrote:I could not come up with a new character sadly. What I did was convert a character from my unused stock to this roleplay.

I put him up today.

All should read the character bio, contains good information on religious aspects.

Sorry for my misunderstanding but I assume that 'The Mandate' is the organisation as a whole. So you would refer to them as. "He belongs to the Mandate" "Of the Mandate" etc?

Brawness
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Sat May 18, 2013 1:38 am

Yes the Mandate is the religion. In official language the Mandate would be called "The One True God and his Mandate on Earth". The Brethren are a part of the Mandate but the word "he belongs to the Mandate" can be applied to any believer.

The Brethren are officially called "Holy Order of the Brethren, Keepers of God's Mandate on Earth. Unofficially the Brethren are called by just that word.

In its unofficial capacity the Mandate would be called just that but normally God would be used to say "He belongs to God".

The Mandate is God's will on Earth meaning God ranges above the mandate in the immortal realms. The Mandate is the mortal religion of the immortal faith and consequently it is subordinate.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jester Maroc on Sun May 19, 2013 6:39 pm

Anyone have a clue where Hoga is? It is a little annoying that the Bann of Silverstone is unavailable, even during a time of crisis.
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value...

Jester Maroc
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Sun May 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Jester Maroc wrote:Anyone have a clue where Hoga is? It is a little annoying that the Bann of Silverstone is unavailable, even during a time of crisis.

Oh he is, I just put a character app in for him so if accepted, come visit!
Nothing to see here

Tempest
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Sun May 19, 2013 9:40 pm

I like your character Tempest! Cade is sending some soldiers with an officer up to Silverstone for a proposal. I hope tiger actual goes full in with armies or else he'll never be able to fully defeat the kingdom. He could always attempt to do what Napolean did.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brawness on Sun May 19, 2013 10:38 pm

Also missing in action is, Boomstick and Vextra :S

Brawness
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Mon May 20, 2013 12:25 am

So what's Lord Marcus going to do in Sundregn I wonder?

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jester Maroc on Mon May 20, 2013 3:45 am

Tempest wrote:
Jester Maroc wrote:Anyone have a clue where Hoga is? It is a little annoying that the Bann of Silverstone is unavailable, even during a time of crisis.

Oh he is, I just put a character app in for him so if accepted, come visit!

Awesome, and welcome to the roleplay. Your character looks really exciting! It will be great to get an outside threat on Penumbria so all the local Wardens and banns can be forced to stand together. Now, I am sure that is not what your character would want, but it will probably happen unless he can somehow go into an alliance with Sturmaz and reside on Hightower for the time being!! Exciting stuff!

Jester Maroc
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Mon May 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Editted my IC post to include Alerk

Until then I shall RP old man Silverstone and see where it takes me.

Tempest
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Wed May 22, 2013 10:09 pm

I have finally finished reading all the posts so far... gosh I am tired!

I will go to sleep now and then see what I can do about posting.

So far I have a few ideas; first of all I may change the personality of my character as I feel like playing a character who thinks he is very clever when in reality he isn't as clever as he thinks he is.

Expect other changes to go along with it, the basic idea of a man of the faith will remain but I think I will be recreating the character. I have had too many old characters and I feel like playing a young, arrogant, irrational yet talented rising star in the brethren

Also for comfort I have had some ideas about the function of the Mandate in Penumbria.
Since Penumbria is an isolated Island kingdom I think the Mandate in Penumbria for most of its

existence has enjoyed much greater freedom and independence from the greater Mandate. Unlike in most Mandate lands the King of Penumbria enjoys much greater powers and influence over the Mandate of Penumbria.

The name "Maker" for "God" and the use of the name "The order" instead of "the Mandate" are examples of self invented titles and names for the Mandate.

My idea is that Nicholas is the first member of the hand of Penumbria chosen beyond its borders in centuries. The reason being apart from his political exile is that the Mandate wants to "tame" its wild offspring and is working towards sending more missionaries to the land.

As Master of the cleansing Nicholas would already attract many would be assassins, as an outsider he attracts many more and since many in the mandate want him dead taking him out in Penumbria is a great way to avoid the blame.

I think it could be interesting if Lord Hightower "greets" a certain flotilla of ships baring the Mandate seal. I do not know who would prevail in such an event however all other Mandate ships would be easy fat pray for Lord Hightower as they have no protection at all.

Alternatively maybe it is Alerk who intercepts the Mandate ship? News of such a rich fine vessel would be hard to miss and it could be amusing to see hightower's reaction when such a fat prize is plucked away right from under his nose.

Apart from these sea adventures Nicholas will be getting into a lot more trouble, he will be pissing off nearly all the characters in this roleplay so it's doubtful if he will surivive it :}

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerking1292 on Fri May 24, 2013 1:44 am

The reason I haven't posted yet, and made such a short post last week was that unlike you guys I'm by myself so I assume that days happen between my posts hours happen between some of yours so if I bring mercanerys from the mainland or at least another island I would assume that it would take weeks to get there so if I have overplayed my hand I apologize. Secondly I assume that of all the ships mine are the most advance as is my navigation ability. I also assume because of my super ballista I can defeat one on one the invading ships which I will not I will allow them throgh to fight, they may apprise me later but might as well play you against one another as long as I can. I'm busier now then a few weeks ago so if you need me pm me otherwise ill check when I can. I will try to post an update later.

@colnel my captain will assume that with 80 ships( even if they are smaller) that without a signal flag to get out of your way burn any city but my island.

tigerking1292
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Fri May 24, 2013 11:14 am

tigerking1292 wrote:The reason I haven't posted yet, and made such a short post last week was that unlike you guys I'm by myself so I assume that days happen between my posts hours happen between some of yours so if I bring mercanerys from the mainland or at least another island I would assume that it would take weeks to get there so if I have overplayed my hand I apologize..

Makse sense. I'm just trying to get caught up a bit so my posts will go back to daily stuff in a bit here. Could I maybe suggest that we do time passage as one in game month for 3 full spages of posts?

Secondly I assume that of all the ships mine are the most advance as is my navigation ability.

It's a medieval time period, no such thing as "more advanced ships". Yours might be larger but the style that Alerk is using are certainly faster.

I also assume because of my super ballista I can defeat one on one the invading ships which I will not I will allow them throgh to fight, they may apprise me later but might as well play you against one another as long as I can.

Super ballista? You mean a ballista on a ship? Becuase if so, you wouldn't sink anything. You might kill men but un;less you throwing heavy rocks that can smash through timbers, you're no sinking anyone.

Just my two cents. I also am fairly certian your a pirate lord so don't expect much in the way of organization or uniformity. I like the idea but play them what they are, a band of cut throat lunatics. The minute you try to turn them into the Roman navy, you loose what makes your guys awesome.

Tempest
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Sat May 25, 2013 1:45 am

The printing press wasn't actually used much until the Protestant Reformation where German Bibles were being printed and the Holy Roman Empire began to convert to Lutheranism. We're still on 13th century tech so that's quite far away in the timeline.

Ah London, Britannia's capital, the piss ant colony of Rome. Being relatively weak due to the lack of resources and hostile neighbors such as the Picts who not even Rome's finest could match. (It's only because Saint Columba converted them that Britannia wasn't overrun when Rome took out the garrison to put down rebellions in Gaul) Not becoming an actual superpower until their Industrial Revolution at the start of the 19th century. Yeah as much as everyone thought London was important it was small and insignificant in actuality. Spain, France, Italy, and the Byzantine Empire had the most large cities.

Sorry about that rant, I'm just waiting until that noble that Virgil sent gets to Vaino.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Coupons on Sat May 25, 2013 2:21 am

Roku Mushabuki wrote:The printing press wasn't actually used much until the Protestant Reformation where German Bibles were being printed and the Holy Roman Empire began to convert to Lutheranism. We're still on 13th century tech so that's quite far away in the timeline.

Ah London, Britannia's capital, the piss ant colony of Rome. Being relatively weak due to the lack of resources and hostile neighbors such as the Picts who not even Rome's finest could match. (It's only because Saint Columba converted them that Britannia wasn't overrun when Rome took out the garrison to put down rebellions in Gaul) Not becoming an actual superpower until their Industrial Revolution at the start of the 19th century. Yeah as much as everyone thought London was important it was small and insignificant in actuality. Spain, France, Italy, and the Byzantine Empire had the most large cities.

Sorry about that rant, I'm just waiting until that noble that Virgil sent gets to Vaino.

I assume this post was meant for the other thread? Move it and I'll address it there. Although, really, everything you brought up has already been addressed in my post.

Coupons
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Sat May 25, 2013 12:07 pm

@Coupons: I actually only take issue with it since my degree is Journalism so I think I have a pretty solid handle on the history of the whole thing. I like the idea of a Gazetta, makes for some fun stuff, I was more amused by your signing off like it was a TV interview :-P

It was a good post and I liked the info in it.

@All: I apologise for even mentioning what i thought was wrong with Coupons post. It seems I have opened a can of worms on the "Realism Scale". It is an RP, as Coupon pointed out, so I should have kept my trap shut. I'm here to have fun, not argue with everyone. Sorry!

Tempest
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Sat May 25, 2013 3:48 pm

Oh no I was mostly bitching about Britain in the middle ages. They were just a group of epic fails. As for the "Realism Scale" we have not even touched that nor do I ever want to because then this RP would just drag out.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brawness on Sat May 25, 2013 5:31 pm

Did i just witness a page of an intelligent discussion, minus the flame and the fury within men? Impossibru! I assume forums are like YouTube video comments.

Sorry guys for not posting anything proper, my brain has been derping can't figure out anything to write...

Brawness
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!