Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Blindsight

Blindsight

a part of “Blindsight”, a fictional universe by macheteshark.

It's been three months surviving a supposed attack upon your city. A virus has crippled it, most of humanity wants to eat you. Suddenly you're mysteriously contacted by "A" who promises to help you survive. For a price.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Blindsight”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Blindsight

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xunnamius on Mon May 06, 2013 9:12 pm

"They will be culled!" You say? :P

Waiting for this RP has been for me similar to waiting for a gift on a tomorrow that is always pushed back until tomorrow—or less poetically: I can't wait to begin and see everyone's characters in action ^^
But someone's gotta be there.
To pick it up.
To push. Back.
To put the first piece back together.
To put us all...
back together.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xunnamius
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macheteshark on Mon May 06, 2013 9:28 pm

Hey everyone,

So we're nearing the starting point of this RP. If people who are creating characters finish them up today/tomorrow I'll put a post up as soon as all characters are approved. But I'm writing this OOC post for a specific reason right now:

Because there are so many people RPing in this, and hopefully we're all good to commit to it? I'll cry late at night if you're not :P. I'm thinking of having two sub-section to Quarantine Zone America. They will be:

Quarantine zone area 1 - Primarily the major part of the city within the Quarantine zone. The city is known as Lassidus and was one of America's pioneer cities for Paradome. Lassidus was the central hub for many of Paradome's technology development and implementation, therefore among it's streets are many of Paradome's surveillance cameras, transport and more. It's also home to one of the country's most visited museums, and is a metropolitan hub. It's a huge city that manages to blur the borders between metropolitan living and suburban lifestyle. It has one major river; the Styx, named so for it's dark navy blue colour and the span of half a mile. The Styx runs through the heart of Lassidus, from north to south and into the suburbs dividing the Quarantine zone into Area 1 and 2.

Then we have Quarantine Zone area 2 - Primarily the eastern side of the Styx, it's mainly the apartment buildings, Aquatic center and the beginnings of the suburbs directly off the Styx. The further east you go the more suburban it becomes until you reach Lonsdale Forest. Although it's being mostly suburban on the eastern Side of the Styx, within Lonsdale Forest is where Paradome based the countries primary research facility for pharmaceuticals, and that is widely known across the country.

Now the whole quarantine zone itself is massive, but it isn't the whole state, rather it takes up more like a quarter of a state. I don't want to give specific dimension just because it traps us in the sense of sizing and whatnot for locations. I don't know about you guys, but I like to know that my character is restricted to certain areas, but those areas are big enough for mayhem to ensue.

Anyway, the whole idea I have is slightly re-tweaking where A sends you. If I make the two different areas of the quarantine zone, I'll make the RP so half the group is in one zone doing one thing and the other group is in another zone doing another mission, and of course we'll overlap in the general zone when it calls for communication between the groups. I plan to have everyone interact, but for the sake of the RP staying alive, I think it could work that two teams are working hand in hand at different locations.. It just allows people to develop side stories and when we cross over for authentic communication? Does that make sense to you?

And a bonus for this form of RPing is that I have fantastic twists for both groups! A feature of us doing this for example is that say Group A is in the city and Group B is in the suburbs.. Say if Group B needs access to a facility or whatnot but don't have the codes, Group A, being in the city where the business buildings and central headquarters are will have to get them then radio to B... But not always will their helping one another be positive...

So, what do you guys think? Yay or nay to two different zones and sort of splitting the RP so there is less clutter? I also promise you that whatever zone you are started in won't be where you spend the entire RP! and you won't be constantly RPing within the same group either, as we go the groups will change depending on necessity of the mission.

If you want more clarification, let me know :)
Last edited by macheteshark on Mon May 06, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

macheteshark
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Electric Pool on Mon May 06, 2013 10:11 pm

Sounds like a great idea! The subsections should give us plenty of trouble to get into. Pretty excited for this to start and see everyone's characters in action!

Electric Pool
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xunnamius on Tue May 07, 2013 12:32 am

Interesting plot gets even more interesting. I'm definitely game.

So do we start out at different locations within the two zones and have A coalesce us into the aforesaid groups, or will we all somehow start out together? Also, Zone 2 sounds like my kinda zombie apocalypse!
Last edited by Xunnamius on Tue May 07, 2013 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xunnamius
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macheteshark on Tue May 07, 2013 1:36 am

Good question Xunnamius, the idea is that I'll post an intro specifically for the characters in each zone. So you'll either start in Zone or 2 and have your story initially progress in that zone while you survive with your select group. I'm currently trying to divvy us all up into two groups that will initially support each other for two broad missions. One group doing mission A in the city and one group doing mission B in the suburbs.

My idea has designed the RP into two sort of separate RP's in the same universe that will cross over constantly, and the characters will sort of swap with others to cross over. Having Two zones and a set number of characters to each zone means the RP as a whole should be tidier and two different stories can coexist at the same time.. It also means posting orders are cut down too, so if people want to go go go they can.

Initially I'm hoping to have four characters in zone 1 and four in zone 2. Each zone will have a point "A" has guided your character to where you'll meet with the other people currently stranded in your zone and you'll work together... But like I said before too, A will be getting the groups through various forms of communication to work together :)

macheteshark
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deguu on Tue May 07, 2013 2:41 pm

Just put the final character sheet in. I'll probably flesh it out a little more as the roleplay gets going, but thanks for being so patient ^^
"All the Worlds a Stage, and all the Men and Women merely players. They have their exits...and their entrances. And one Man in his time, may play many parts"

Deguu
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macheteshark on Tue May 07, 2013 8:34 pm

Woohoo! Just waiting on the character from the cautious survivor and we can start this RP!!! Get excited people, I'm writing the intro's as you read :D

macheteshark
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shiki29 on Wed May 08, 2013 4:56 am

Sorry, everyone, for the huge delay, but my computer has not been responding well to roleplaygateway for some reason, and I seem unable to actually look at or do anything in any roleplays, for the moment. I'll try and fix this problem tomorrow, so that I can finally post up my character.

Shiki29
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Wed May 08, 2013 6:20 am

Um, I'm going to have to revoke my reservation. I'm having a difficult time coming up with a decent character, as I am more experienced with fantasy and sci-fi RPs, as opposed to modern/realistic ones, so I probably wouldn't have submitted a profile in time. Not to mention I just entered another RP, have 2 RPs running, and one supposedly dead one had mysteriously started today. So yeah, I suppose it's not the right time for me yet.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macheteshark on Wed May 08, 2013 9:20 am

That's alright :) thanks for letting me know :) For everyone else, I'll be posting tomorrow! (Australian time) so basically in 10 hours if you're american/not australian... :D

*edit* shiki, don't worry I have taken you into account, so don't feel pressured, because I know exactly how you feel! All day yesterday I was met with something like a 502 error everytime I tried to do something on the website! I will star the RP, but it should be enough time for you to finish your character :) otherwise we'll work together to get them into the RP :)

macheteshark
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macheteshark on Thu May 09, 2013 1:21 am

Hey everyone! Just did the opening posts :) So obviously you all have free reign to write what you want, but keep in mind your first post needs to get your character to your area's meeting zone! Don't forgot to acknowledge each other's posts if you're tagged but most of all, make it dramatic, actiony, gory, fun and kick ass :) For the moment, the characters will have only been in contact with shambling zombies... I shall be revealing one or two of the "special ones" soon :)

p.s. Oh, and for the love of sweet baby jebus, I need one person from each zone to pick the phone up once everyone has greeted in their respective police station.

macheteshark
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kiran-sama on Thu May 09, 2013 8:46 pm

I've been kinda busy the past few days, but I will try to post tomorrow! Just so you know that I'm alive and around still XD
ImageImageImage
GO d--(?) P(-+) c++ l- u- e- m- s+/s n- h f+ g+ w++ t+@ R+@ !x*>** !a P- E- W++ N-- o K- w+ O--- M-- V- PS(---) PE Y PGP- 5 X tv b++ DI D G r--

kiran-sama
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xunnamius on Mon May 13, 2013 12:57 am

I like how Mariam's observations of the shambling zombies from Area 1 coincide with Haytham's same observations in Area 2 (olfactory, aural, sensitivity to light). Yay for crossover teamwork and plot continuity ^^

Keeping up with both Area 1 and Area 2... I feel like I'm receiving double the zombie RP goodness. All the posts so far have been epic. Come on Area 2, we can't fall behind! :)

Xunnamius
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macheteshark on Mon May 13, 2013 1:57 am

I agree with you Xunnamius, I'm glad we're all reading everyone's posts... Now should I PM everyone who hasn't posted to inform them the RP has started? I know personally my notifications of who has been posting and whatnot has been really random, as in sometimes I'll be informed if a post has been made and other times it's just be sheer curiosity I discover one has been made... This leads me to wonder if the others know I've started it... thoughts?

macheteshark
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gafebear on Mon May 13, 2013 2:31 am

Woo! I wanted to focus on Mariam's knack for observation but at the same time didn't want to step on any toes as to what macheteshark's basic zombies can or cannot do. So I mostly focused on what had already been stated.

I guess that a single PM notifying them that we've started wouldn't hurt. I'm sure at least one of the others hasn't realized we've begun.

gafebear
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xunnamius on Tue May 14, 2013 1:52 am

Yeah, I agree on the PM tactic. I love the RPG devs to death, but they really should work in some improvements to their notification system.

Xunnamius
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macheteshark on Tue May 14, 2013 2:27 am

Yeah, I PM'd everyone who hasn't posted yet and two at least replied saying they hadn't received notifications... Anyway, everyone is aware now, so if we just wait a little longer I've been promised a post or two by tomorrow at the latest? Can't tell if you if it's my tomorrow or American tomorrow though... if it's American tomorrow it'll be a little longer than 24 hours...

macheteshark
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zander on Tue May 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Okay, I have standardized testing tomorrow, exactly 10 hours from now, and I'm freaking out about it and can't seem to focus enough to post on anything. It's terrible. Please, just leave me behind a bit, I can work out a post to get into the story after testing tomorrow, when my brain functions properly again. I am so, so, so sorry. Please don't wait on me. Just go on! -.-

... I'm SO sorry. Seriously. Just move on in the plot, don't pay me any mind. This was totally my fault.
“It's the imperfections that make things beautiful.”
“It's never too late to love someone, but it is too late when they don't love you any more.”

Zander
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macheteshark on Wed May 15, 2013 10:43 pm

Hey Zander, don't stress too much, you posted and at least got Allison into the police station, so I'm gonna get area 2 going on their first "mission" and we can all just assume Allison was kick arse in the parts where you don't post :) ALSO, good luck on your testing! I'm sure you'll ace it!!

And with that, Area 2 survivors prepare yourself, you're about to embark on your first journey in the fight against Paradome :D With a little hitch here and there to keep us interested as we go.

UPDATE: Just posted in Area 2. You guys have got your first goal... Retrieval of important codes needed for the Lonsdale Forest Pharmaceutical Facility. Wow.. that's a tongue twister. Anyway, I encourage drama, action, character relationship development, but also plot progress :) So feel free to make getting to destination A compromising, but don't linger too long.. Because when you get to your destination.. well.. lets just say it won't be all rainbows and butterflies.

UPDATE 2: I want area 1 to move on fast, so i've sent PM's again, and if I don't hear back soon, I'm going to push on with the story.. Because I don't wan't this to fall into deadmans land (No pun intended).

ALSO I can't thank you all enough for joining! And I say this purely because so far everyone's posts have been (at least personally) so much fun to read. Everyone here has their own distinct way of writing, that is obvious, but what I applaud you all on is that fact that you're all so effortlessly meshing your styles together to create an honestly fun to read and intelligent story too.. And it's only early days.. So you go Glen Coco!

ALSO, ALSO: Some of you guys and gals have hinted at "other" infected too or evolving infected. I'm totally for this happening by the way and I encourage it too! I just have a few request in regards to that... If you want to create a new type of zombie, can you "build" on one i've already created? For instance, you might make a runner zombie able to climb now?

So technically it's not an entirely new zombie, but now there's a variety of one type enhanced... I only say this because I do have specific "special zombies" to unveil soon and VERY soon in one area's case... And I'd prefer if you let me introduce completely different species while you add on to already developed ones OR hint at ones that haven't been seen yet?

macheteshark
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macheteshark on Thu May 16, 2013 9:44 pm

Infected animals are VERY welcome! I have one or two in mind, but they're not really anything special, just some undead dogs, and deer. I'll put a dossier up on those two soon, but I'm thinking that with infected animals the infection isn't transmissible to humans from animals... So basically animals infect animals, but the strain is different enough in humans and animals that we can't infect one another... It adds another level of Paradome's evil that they'd willingly infect wildlife too... Anyway, I'm open for suggestions :) If you have an idea, feel free to contribute it and we can flesh it out together...

I honestly would probably most likely not even disagree with what ever you guys come up with, as long as you follow the sort of "infected" skeleton I've created for the current two infected classifications.

Also - Unfortunately we've had our first survivor casualty in area 1. The luck student Fitch had an untimely demise at the hands of a bus/shamblers. If we could have a moments silence for comicbooklover... Sadly they cannot RP with us.

macheteshark
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!