Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Forced Escapade.

Antagonist RP Discussion.

a part of “The Forced Escapade.”, a fictional universe by Zander.

Four agencies abduct young children of various situations and potential to train them into obedient weapons to use against threats of all kinds. Some seek to protect and serve the human race, others seek to destroy it, and another could really care less.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Forced Escapade.”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Antagonist RP Discussion.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zander on Wed May 08, 2013 2:51 pm

Well, here it is! ^^

Very lame way to start a thread, I know, but... y'know. Imagine some explosives in the background or.... something.
ā€œIt's the imperfections that make things beautiful.ā€
ā€œIt's never too late to love someone, but it is too late when they don't love you any more.ā€

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zander
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Antagonist RP Discussion.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xunnamius on Wed May 08, 2013 3:25 pm

(what I imagined: Image)

I'll post some thoughts after the universe is fleshed out a bit more (to make sure I understand) ^^
But someone's gotta be there.
To pick it up.
To push. Back.
To put the first piece back together.
To put us all...
back together.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xunnamius
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zander on Fri May 10, 2013 5:25 pm

And this, my friends, is what happens when you don't subscribe to threads! It should be done automatically for threads you create. -.-

NICE. That's a lot better. A lot better. Yay for explosions!!! (and the formation, too, I suppose. Lord knows I don't have the balance for anything like that.)

I don't really HAVE a universe fleshed out yet, I'm still working on general ideas on plot. But, this is the random musings I have thus far. There's a few quick summaries. Some may be pretty lame, but y'know. I try. 0.0

I was thinking about it, and I kind of deduced TFE is kind of like an all antagonist thing. I mean, some of us aren't exactly angels, here. And Nix is obviously some creature of light, having Natasha. So... yeah! Pfft. No wonder the idea appealed to me. But, moving on to other musings...

Firstly, we could have everyone against each other, like a winner-takes-all sorta thing. 1x1x1x1. Or, I had another idea. :3

Or, we could separate into 2 teams and engage in a 2 against 2 battle. Which would be interesting, I think, if we chatted with our partner and genuinely tried to outwit the opposing team. Just, the thought of us communicating in 2 separate factions and genuinely trying to tear the other faction apart... it appeals to me. Because there's bonding and conflict simultaneously! Plus, there could be infighting and it would automatically suck if one betrayed their team, as they ACTUALLY KNOW STUFF and it's like REAL betrayal. The whole idea is to not tell the other team what yours is planning, but tell your partner everything. XD It could even be protagonists against antagonists, and it would still be completely awesome.

Can you guess which is my personal favorite?

I''ll go ahead and stop here, as whatever plot kinda depends on the layout of characters/teams.

Zander
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xunnamius on Mon May 13, 2013 1:01 am

(I didn't subscribe either until just now)

I like the latterā€”and that would be my guess as to which is your favorite :P 2v2 sounds epic! Now I half-way wish I saved Mezzi for such a battle, but then working on a team isn't Mezzi's style anyway. I'll have to try to spin up yet another badass. Perhaps of the crouching-moron-hidden-badass variety :3

Not sure if the others are aware of this thread's existence, however...

Xunnamius
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kiran-sama on Mon May 13, 2013 3:20 am

Oh, I knew it was here XD I like to lurk OuO

I have fiiiinally decided that I, too, would prefer a 2v2 than an every-man-for-himself kind of thing. Mainly because, in my opinion anyways, there are much more interesting, uncommon possibilities present in a 2v2 that aren't in a 1v1v1v1, and I think that's because it's used less. It's a good idea! I like it!
ImageImageImage
GO d--(?) P(-+) c++ l- u- e- m- s+/s n- h f+ g+ w++ t+@ R+@ !x*>** !a P- E- W++ N-- o K- w+ O--- M-- V- PS(---) PE Y PGP- 5 X tv b++ DI D G r--

kiran-sama
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zander on Mon May 13, 2013 8:30 pm

Welp, under premise of majority rule, I'd say 2v2 wins! I'm quite glad. It had my vote!

I'll work on typing out some of my basic summaries for plot. Anyone else could throw in their 2 cents, naturally, as well. I'm a little spazmatic and ADHD right now--oddly enough, as I'm usually pretty mellowed out--so I'm not promising I'll have anything up before tomorrow.

Alright, so, I have standardized testing tomorrow morning... I've been freaking out about it, and I can't seem to focus on anything today, either. It'll be over tomorrow, though, so I'll post on TFE and this THEN. I feel terrible for putting all my rps off for pretty much 2 days, but I can't focus with testing so close! *sigh*

Education...

Zander
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deguu on Thu May 16, 2013 11:48 am

Haha, don't worry Zander. I'm the same at the moment, so I'll be catching up with TFE in the next couple of days soon too.

And the 2v2 sounds best to me too :)
"All the Worlds a Stage, and all the Men and Women merely players. They have their exits...and their entrances. And one Man in his time, may play many parts"

Deguu
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zander on Thu May 16, 2013 5:27 pm

Squeezing in a quick word before I have to eat. ^^ Okay, I have more ideas--naturally--but I figured I'd start with two. Let me know if either of these interest you guys. If not, I can type up more.

The first is a bit longer, since I actually specified individual roles and there is a little vague backstory with characters.

~Juxtaposed~

A detection agency famous for solving the insolvable; yet, also infamous for a well concealed secret. Thereā€™s two sides of this story, that of Delilah Industries, and that of DEAD. The acronym of:

Delilah
Encounters
Assassin
Detectives

The name, well, thatā€™s a story of its ownā€¦

When 1ā€™s family is murdered, she wants nothing more than to know who did it and why. But, as the case becomes cold and the statute of limitations draws near, she must take matters into her own hands. Or rather, the hands of Delilah Industriesā€™ famed detective, 2. The detective takes on the case, only to discover that it was HIM that killed 1ā€™s familyā€”a job he was hired to execute over 3 years prior by an anonymous client. Struggling with the consequence of seeing the crimeā€™s effect on 1, 2 debates the choices heā€™s made in life and wonders whether to inform 1 of the truth or cover his ass.

As if that wasnā€™t enough, tensions within the agency are growing. While 2ā€™s boss, 3, almost always hated him and wanted him dead, 2 finally made a move to try and kill 3ā€”failing to outwit the ingenious veteran. The attempt launches an all-out civil war within the agency, making 2 and 3 the leaders of factions with the opposing leader as a target. As the assassins battle it out in the shadows of society, another force threatens the agency. A REAL detection agency is attempting to discover DEADā€™s secret, using 4 as an undercover agent, sending her to get a job in Delilah Industries. Using her skillful ways, she becomes close with 3, something that rarely happens. It may be an act, or possibly not. Who can tell with detectives? But, when she discovers the truth, will she need to be silencedā€”or will she join the fight between 2 and 3? Will she become leverage in the battle between brothers?

The story of 2 and 3 and the name:
2 and 3 are relatively close in age, but 3 has been training as an assassin much longer under his uncle. Theyā€™re brothers. When they were teenagers, one brother fell for a girl named Delilah. They were quite enamored with each other, apparently, until the other brother betrayed his sibling, being caught in an untimely act with Delilah. To make matters worse, he killed the girl.

When their uncle started the agency 2 years prior, he had named it after their surname. But, when the uncle died and passed on everything to his nephews, one renamed the agency after Delilah to taunt and torment the other.

~~~

The second was actually inspired by a random chat. :3
You know who you are.

~The Nondescript Souls~

It was meant to help them, to save them, but it only made everything worse. When the world shattered, humanity pinned its hopes on 2 individuals.

It stated with a tragic accident. Not only did it lead to the death of 2 children, it put in motion an agenda to destroy the world as it once was. An accident that ended up destroying the planetā€™s core and annihilating the human race. Almost. 2 hours before Earth expired, the souls of the 2 deceased childrenā€”found 17 years laterā€”were transplanted into humanoid-cyborg-type capsules.

They survived the destruction, floating on a shattered piece of former earth until reaching a new planet. Great! Except, theyā€™re not alone. And the inhabitants want to capture them. Why? Who knows. Perhaps to devour them, perhaps out of fearā€”they donā€™t really know. All they know is thereā€™s a couple of hunters after them in a world they know nothing about.

Zander
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xunnamius on Sun May 19, 2013 12:46 am

Agh, the subscription system fails me again. I'll just have to check all the OOC threads manually every day from now on.

Anyhoo, interesting ideas; both have their pros and cons in my mind. I'm leaning towards numbah one, which makes me think of a warring "mafia families"-esque conflict in which everybody is just a different shade of bad guy, even the "good" guys. Such a conflict could (would!) turn an entire city into a war zone.

Xunnamius
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!