Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Rift

Rift

a part of “Rift”, a fictional universe by Flexar.

Taakeira is once again on the brink of war only 30 years after its last. To make matters worse, rifts are spawning around the globe and spewing forth monstrosities. But from one rift comes a glimmer of hope: a person.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Rift”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Rift

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:30 pm

DoublepostIknowterriblysorryI'maworthlessvilepieceoffilth

This may be premature, but what's the protocol for (potentially) inactive characters? Ordinarily I would just let it be, but I reeeeeeally don't want this one to die.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eskay
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flexar on Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:57 am

I'll PM Molliepop and scream abuse at her. If she doesn't respond for a while, I'll godmod Jacia to get things going. If there's absolutely no response, I'll have Jacia killed during the invasion.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Flexar
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castella on Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:29 pm

I was waiting for her to post but if I remember her previous OOC post correctly, she mentioned something about being busy.

Nevertheless, I shall begin construction.

*Edit*
I've made a really length post (not my first), leaving a bit of gray space as to what everyone else does. Jacia might have to play catch-up latter but at this point Phile is focused on Flynn. I was considering writing the entire 'healing' thing in one post but that would've been a whole novel's worth of writing.

Anyways, if Kai, Melisa, and Cadbury, decide to disregard Phile's instructions and lurk...well, lurk where she can't see them.

Flexar, you did say something about soldiers comes very soon after this bit is done. I kinda added something with the quietness of the village but I'm not sure if that's okay with you. (Generally an army invasion is anything but quiet) I'll make a change if you'd like.

Also, I've assumed the role of a NPC before and encourage all of you to do the same :)

Castella
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:34 am

Gaaaah, I'm still alive I promise! It's been a very hectic week and I'm a terrible person and I'm sorry! :(

Eskay
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flexar on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:27 pm

Sorry I didn't post sooner, I've got exams this week and I've been spending more time revising. They'll be over tomorrow, fortunately.

I'm also sorry about rushing the attack, but the roleplay is trawling along very slowly and needs something to kick it into action again.

Flexar
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gafebear on Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:21 pm

So, Uhm,I took some liberties in my post to speed the RP along a lil' bit. I hope that's arright?

gafebear
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:34 pm

My post is halfway done! I'll have it up by tomorrow, scout's honor! I've had to make some adjustments for the army attacking now lol!

Eskay
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flexar on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:52 am

I wasn't aware that "scout's honour" was a sarcastic phrase.

Flexar
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:38 pm

Yeah yeah, I apologize. Lack of inspiration coupled with some RL stuff makes for one elusive Eskay. Getting my post up as we speak

Eskay
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flexar on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:37 pm

I've added a fairly large amount more to my post, which I hope should get things going better.

Flexar
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gafebear on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:23 pm

Hey Eskay, it's not my intention to drag Cadbury (or anyone else for that matter) away from the battley-goodness, so, uh, feel free to not do as Iridian said. Unless you want to then go ahead. Yay decisions!

gafebear
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:34 am

Flex: I love you

Gafey: Melissa is Cadbury's primary concern, so following his orders is the best way for him to protect her! You're good! :D

Eskay
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castella on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:00 pm

Just a heads up: I'm heading up to Little Presque Isle for a 3-day bouldering trip and won't have a chance to make a post.

Everything seems to moving along pretty quickly now so I don't want to be the one the stopper the progression. I'll try to make a short post before I leave but no guarantees. If you do move on and have Phile on semi-NPC mode I'd just like to point out some things.

1. She's pitifully out of shape, guaranteed the slowest of the group and the most clumsy. Won't be able to get past physical obstacles without help.

2. Emotionally attached. If the group does manage to flee, Phile will have reservations about leaving behind so many vulnerable villagers. Call it hero-suicide syndrome, the initial action will take some convincing.

And yea that's it. Um...yea.

Castella
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flexar on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:19 am

That's fine. If need be, I'll godmod Phile, but I don't expect that I'll need to. I'd also rather not, since I don't tend to be that great at playing other people's characters.

Flexar
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:18 pm

Cadbury's post is up- Flynn's will be up this evening as I have to leave now haha.

EDIT: Would it be in the best interest to seek another RPer(s) to take the place of Jacia (and perhaps Melissa in the event that Tally has indeed dipped out?) I'd hate to see Jacia simply killed off as I rather like her spontaneous contrast to the rest of the characters' pretty stable demeanor, and Melissa is a character who's presence is pretty pivotal.

Eskay
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flexar on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:03 pm

I don't think Talisman's abandoned us, only that he hasn't had a great deal to post about recently. Molliepop, on the other hand, I think has abandoned us. She's logged on recently, but whether or not she'll log on again I don't know. I'll PM her and hope for a response. If I don't get one, we can think about finding someone else to play Jacia. I'll PM Talisman as well.

EDIT: Upon seeing it in my outbox, I've just remembered that I sent Mollie a PM almost a month ago which she hasn't read. Perhaps we should do something about finding a replacement. Does anyone know anyone on this site who might be interested?

Flexar
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:47 pm

Centi85.

Seriously, he's good. I'm involved in another one of his RP's, which unfortunately is populated with a bunch of newbie RPers who aren't really sticking with it. I'm sure he'd love the opportunity to get involved with this!

EDIT: Flynn's a pyro, who knew? :p

Eskay
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flexar on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:53 am

I've PM'ed Centi85, and with any luck we'll have response soon.

On a side note, Eskay, have you by any chance played Fire Emblem Awakening? Flynn reminds me very much of the tactician.

Flexar
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:21 am

Yessir I have; even after I sort've vowed off videogames I wanted to make sure I played it as FE has a special place in my heart.

It was meh as far as FE games to though! And I guess looking at him objectively, yeah, he does kinda!

Eskay
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flexar on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:49 pm

As you can probably tell, I really enjoyed Awakening. However, I think the story felt rather rushed and didn't go into enough detail at too many points. I enjoyed everything else though, especially the amount of detail that was put into each individual character (except Validar, he could have been much better). Still, no matter how you feel about Awakening, at least it can't be as bad as Shadow Dragon.

Flexar
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!