Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Mechas, Golems, and Nations

Mechas, Golems, and Nations

a part of “Mechas, Golems, and Nations”, a fictional universe by ZacharyTC.

Two nations are fighting, one is neutral, but not for long. once it is discovered the neutrality is violated, it will turn into a three-way war. (plenty of spots open)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Mechas, Golems, and Nations”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Mechas, Golems, and Nations

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Savier on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:47 pm

@Zach: It was a metaphor. Not literal.

EDIT: To make it clearer: He was stating that the kind of war they 'fight' is a political game. They change nothing by fighting the way they do and only fight because it is what is expected of them. They convince their people that it is okay as long as they do 'this' or 'that' in an attempt to justify their actions and allow them to continue to play their political 'games' using war as just another means of doing so.

He was not referring to a game like Yahtzee or computer games. To describe, in-depth, everything Leonardo says would make my post really, really long.

EDIT-EDIT: To further make it clear he was referring to mental 'conditioning'. War is 'okay' as long as the soldiers only slaughter each other because that is what the people have been convinced is okay and acceptable. It has become a political tool used by 'politicians' to fight out wars against each other to push their own agenda's, but as Leonardo is fighting a different kind of war one that is not to push an agenda or a grab for political power, one that goes against what the governments have condition their citizens towards; they are horrified because it goes against their mental conditioning. "Metargo must evolve."

To sum it up, The Political Game was the game Leonardo was referring to. I am sorry if that confused you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Savier
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZacharyTC on Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:28 am

You know, Savier, you really ruined it for me when you had Leonardo not expect to explain himself for his actions. He should have known it would be brought up, sooner or later, it was supposed to be obvious, considering how the Benjlakki despise anyone who murders civilians. How he could not see it coming was beyond me. Nobody was setting him up. X.X

On the other hand, I guess I should have coordinated with you on that, so I am at fault for it. I can improvise so that the President was pressured by an advisor of his to refer to Leonardo in the manner he did, even if Howard could have used some other, more genuine method to express why the neutrality policies would not easily be changed.
[CENTER]Image

Monsters create victims. Some victims become monsters to return the favor to the monsters who victimize them.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ZacharyTC
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Savier on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:31 am

If you don't tell me about it then how is my character supposed to know? His first post was about him wondering why he was there in the first place given his previous actions that would only make diplomatic meetings strained. By having him just know that he was going to be talking; it would have made the first post conflicting, and more then that, he did not know. You could have mentioned anything with Saul. You just kinda threw that on me, and so, him.

Savier
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZacharyTC on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:39 am

I already apologized for that. Regasrdless, if Leonardo is willing to condemn the Benjlakki as a whole, despite the fact he does not know every single one, he would be seen even more as a savage barbarian.

ZacharyTC
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Savier on Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:27 pm

Condemn? Because he dislikes them? The population of Metargo can hate the myst, but leo cant dislike a nation? I dislike Russia, it doesn't make me a savage. Instead of saying its barbaric to have an opinion based on current knowledge and emotion; one should ask why they feel that way.

I apologize, I thought you said that because you wanted to discuss it again.

Savier
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZacharyTC on Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Dang it! all I can do is mess up, can I? Sorry about that.

ZacharyTC
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Savier on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:24 pm

Just to post here so people reading the OCC aren't confused. I wasn't responding cause I was at work, the earlier post I did today was done from my phone during Lunch Break.

Savier
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ISpeakTheTruth on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:35 am

I'm very sorry for being gone for so long!

I was away from home longer than expected, and I just got back a few hours ago.
I'll have a post up sometime soon.

ISpeakTheTruth
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZacharyTC on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:00 am

not a problem

ZacharyTC
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LightANDDark on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:16 pm

I just totally made up that whole quote thing that Malinha said. Gotta say, I'm feeling really kick ass with words right now, I should become a speech writer or something, haha :)

LightANDDark
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZacharyTC on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:11 pm

You know, I feel I should set up an OOC where we have all the characters answer questions directed at them. Could be fun. XD

ZacharyTC
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Savier on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:50 pm

@Dark: It was very good. I googled it to find the book then checked the OCC in time to find out that it didn't exist. I felt really, really dumb.

@Zach: I don't mind.

Savier
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LightANDDark on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:17 pm

@Savier: I'm so sorry, haha. I was trying to make a really good one, and I tried googling for quotes about forgiveness, but I just had to make my own up. I'm trying to write a way for Malinha to connect with Leonardo, and make him see that they are kinda the same; sensitive at heart, etc. without revealing that she has spies. Also, he makes it hard to try and find a way to work around the pride, a really good character, btw.

@Zach: Sounds like fun, and I like the whole fleshing out characters thing. Go for it!

LightANDDark
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Savier on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:23 pm

@Dark: Thanks, glad you like him (Minus the whole dead father thing). Yea, his pride is a major part of his character, so it makes it hard to connect with him as a human being. His sense of duty doesn't help. Malinha is really good though. I can't even make Leonardo guess that she may have some connections with the shadow organization because she is good at hiding it.

Savier
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LightANDDark on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:04 pm

@Savier: Uhgg, that one was hard. I had to always re-write because I wanted to make sure it sounded as if she as just intuitive, and not having information fed to her. It was fun though, and I can't wait to see how he'll respond.

LightANDDark
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Savier on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:59 pm

@Dark: I know how you feel. I have to do it all the time to ensure everything stays in character or doesn't cross any bounds. This post came out a wee-bit longer then I originally planned, but eh, it happens.

Savier
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZacharyTC on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:57 pm

So you guys know, I have an idea as to how the war will end. It has to do with the one of the reasons the war started. What I plan on doing is a surprise, as is what will happen to Leonardo's forces (most of them, anyway) should he come dangerously close to an area harboring civilians (sorry, Savier, but I decided that the towns and such you destroy in Benjlakk will not contain any civilians, at all, since everyone would be evacuated further inland, with heavily strong defenses set up around them to deter his forces, which, I assure you, would be weakened enough to where this plan will be possible; it will not mean a victory in the war for any side, overall, but it will set the stage for what I have in mind, at least for the war ending. What happens in between would be more battles between Leonardo and Benjlakk (plus, possibly, Mysticara allying with Benjlakk out of necessity). By then, it would be a stalemate until it ends)

For now, I gave enough spoilers.

EDIT: Well, actually, none of this is final, though it is close to it.

ZacharyTC
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZacharyTC on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:50 pm

I spoke with Savier, and I put part of my plan on hold, the surprise is still in effect, though.

ZacharyTC
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZacharyTC on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:20 pm

I'm still here, ladies and fellas. I just have things I do besides roleplay, is all. plus, I like grouping as many of my characters together in post as I can while still being active.

A little heads up, though: from August 12 to August 18, I will be on a family vacation, which means my activity during that time may end up limited. After that time, I should be able to catch up on whatever happens during then. As Co-GM, Hallowedf777 will take over for me for the duration of time I have specified that I'll be away from home for.

ZacharyTC
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zarhara on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:20 pm

Sorry this is my first OOC post been kinda busy as well. As for the next few weeks I should be free, though I start courses in a little over a month but I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it. But just wanted to check in here I guess xD.

Zarhara
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!