Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Mirror to The Mind

Mirror to The Mind

a part of “Mirror to The Mind”, a fictional universe by DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX.

What if you died in your sleep? You never wake up. Instead you are stuck in the world of dreams, but there is a way out. ((MORE INSIDE)) (STILL ACCEPTING!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Mirror to The Mind”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Mirror to The Mind

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadereen on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:32 am

I should explain about my calculation system if you're going to use it.

I rated the NPCs and my own action using D100. I didn't rate my own awesomeness, logic, and description.

As for the player's action, you got the awesomeness part right. I did rate that according to how awesome I thought the action was. But for the logic, it depends on whether the action should succeed or not. For example if the player was throwing stones with his normal human strength, and the monster he targeted had steel skin, logically, the attack would fail, Thus, lower rating for logic points. The description is rated on how well detailed the player's explains his action. For example if the player is attacking, the post should state the method of his attack, which part of the body he was aiming his attack, and what should be the outcome or what he intend the attack to do. If he lacks the detail and information about his attack, It would be difficult for me to post the outcome of the attack since I don't know what should happen. In my RP, I rated the description because the players tends to leave their character's action unexplained. It was a way to drive the players into posting in better detail. The dice roll is pretty much his luck and I used d40 for that.

I used http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm for the die rolls.

Anyways, Ryle is currently lost and its up to you whether he reaches anywhere else or stay stuck in the woods.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

shadereen
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quantumlegacy on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:13 am

Writing.

-Edit.-

Posted, hopefully I save you.
Role-play forever.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Quantumlegacy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:42 am

That was actually a pretty dumb move Unseen. XD gotta admit... The creature's a lion, it can't really be snuck up on, it will definitely hear you. You're lucky to have Quantum. I won't kill you guys, but I'm more than willing to have you guys seriously injured. You can always be healed back in town.
"Oh, there's some bubble wrap over there not being used? I'll just leave it alone."-Said: No one, EVER.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unseenshadow2 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:20 pm

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX wrote:That was actually a pretty dumb move Unseen. XD gotta admit... The creature's a lion, it can't really be snuck up on, it will definitely hear you. You're lucky to have Quantum. I won't kill you guys, but I'm more than willing to have you guys seriously injured. You can always be healed back in town.

My character was by no means attempting to sneak up on the beast, thus he had he shield raised to guard against the teeth and claws while he attempted to take out the tail.

@Phoenix - I have two options that I can see for your dilemma. The first is a "fortitude" rating, or rating how sure and likely to continue the attack, or action, to its fullest. The second option is to roll two d20s instead of just one, increasing the luck factor.
"There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it. I am beyond your comprehension. I am Sovereign." Sovereign, Mass Effect

unseenshadow2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quantumlegacy on Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:24 pm

Yeah I knew you weren't trying to sneak up on it. But even trying to just get behind it would be more then a difficult thing. :)

I'll give it some thought and post my ideas for another thing to roll/evaluate on. And I'll post my next post here soon. :D

Quantumlegacy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:33 pm

Hey unseen, don't put two posts in one post. You don't know what the Manticore is going to do yet, Nate might kill it. So don't get ahead of yourself.

I like the two rolls idea, but I want to evaluate another component of the RP, maybe an "activity" rating, say if you haven't posted in a week, the activity rating will go way down, and if you've been posting often, following the rules, being active in OOC then you get an easy 15-20 extra points. thoughts?

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadereen on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:06 pm

I noticed QuantumLegacy did two action in one post which are pulling the stinger and attacking the manticore.

And yeah, you should use 2d20 or d40 for luck.

shadereen
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quantumlegacy on Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Man was that hard to get the site to keep me logged in long enough to post this. -.-

I did do two actions, but one was not an attack. Also, I don't believe he did two actions in that post either. He merely stated two optional things he was going to do depending on the situation. But I think you meant to at least wait till I responded to the beast attacking me.

Quantumlegacy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadereen on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:21 am

I'm sorry but from what I read, it doesn't seem that way. An action, attacking or healing, would still be considered an action. Just like DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX stated, while Nathaniel was attempting to pull out the stinger from Ryle's calf, the manticore could by the time be killed or flee. At that moment, tt could even attempt to prevent Nathaniel's effort to help Ryle.

shadereen
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quantumlegacy on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:28 am

I guess you are correct, if you want to count it as another action it is. I just didn't count it as a second attack, because I didn't attack your leg. I'll be sure to keep fight scenes down to one action. Besides, I doubt I will live through this. It was too risky to allow for a percent chance. ;)

Quantumlegacy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadereen on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:56 pm

I'm sure everyone will be fine. Probably some severed limbs or sanity lost but they'll all be alive. I can't say for the girl though. She may already be dead.

shadereen
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:37 am

Okay guys. I've been gone a couple days, and I won't be back for a while. I have.... issues I rather not discuss at this point. I'm handing over the reins of GM to Shadereen. I'm in no condition to post, but I can PM or chat you guys later if you want to ask questions. Shade, I'll need to talk to you to show you where I want the story. I may be gone for a week. Maybe less.

The new calculation for the system is an activity. for example, if you've been posting everyday in both OOC and writing posts you'll get an easy 20/20. If you have been only posting, not bothering with OOC you'll get maybe a 8-10/20. If you've been gone for a few days with no word you may even score a 0/20. so DON'T BE INACTIVE WITHOUT REASON AND WARNING! it could cost your characters life in a battle.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadereen on Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Oh since I'm the current GM, how about if I write that everyone dies~ Muahahahah! Muuuahahahaha!!!! Nyeh, I'll do the evaluation later. I'm too sleepy to focus. ZzZzZ

shadereen
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quantumlegacy on Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:28 pm

Oh noes! I'm dead now.

It's okay though for real, I was contemplating pulling out anyway and this seems as good a time as any. :) I had some fun, and the idea and the system were pretty cool. I do plan on probably rehashing the dream/nightmare reality here soon though as I did really like the idea.

Quantumlegacy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadereen on Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:48 am

What? Quitting already? Its only been 2 pages of story. It haven't even began to explain itself <:-S

Okay I just woke up from my short slumber, and I've posted. Once I get the PM on what DA's planned for the RP, I'll post a quick story and dialogue to inform everyone where the Stone thing and what must be done to gain it, just to get the story going. Hopefully, none of us quit by that time <:-)

shadereen
Member for 12 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!