Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

It's Our Destiny

It's Our Destiny

a part of “It's Our Destiny”, a fictional universe by Vix.

If you don't receive a direct PM invite from me, please don't make a character or ask for a character. This is invite only.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “It's Our Destiny”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

It's Our Destiny

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:22 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "It's Our Destiny"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
◎!Check it out!◎
◎My Interest Check◎
“All I'm writing is just what I feel, that's all. I just keep it almost naked. And probably the words are so bland.”
― Jimi Hendrix

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vix
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Re: It's Our Destiny

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:33 pm

Okay - So I know the legend explained things but not everything. First of all, there will be only eight characters. The same basic story was previously attempted with thirty-six and then twelve characters but to no avail. So, I've dwindled it down to eight and have begun the selection process for a few other writers that can double on the story with me.

Alright. You have eight Chosen Ones, a male and female for each set. Dragon, Water, Psychic, and Flying. They day they were born, a specific Pokémon Protector bestowed upon them certain shards that would grant them the ability to understand all Pokémon, communicate telepathically with their own Pokémon, and have an unrivaled bond with their corresponding Types. The drawback? They can only catch Pokémon of their Type.

Dragon Male / Latios
Dragon Female / Latias
Water Male / Manaphy
Water Female / Phione
Psychic Male / Mew
Psychic Female / Mewtwo
Flying Male / Lugia
Flying Female / Ho-Oh

I'll announce their 2nd and 3rd Types after a heated debate of who gets what :D

Dibs on Dragon and Psychic Female

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vix
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:40 pm

So I'm slightly confused. First of all...
DIBS ON PSYCHIC MALE. Cuz Mew is adorably awesome.

Anywho, the confusion: 'They can only catch pokemon of their type?' Like, only psychics for me?
What's that, the picture is gone? Damn it all. Uh, move along, nothing to see down here besides these words.

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Dibs respected, Joke. c:

And yes: Somewhat. Legend dictates that pokémon were born of seventeen shards. These shards were huge. Think of a cave crystal the size of Michael Clark Duncan. These ginormous shards broke off into several smaller pieces; Some broke off eons later. From these shards came the pokémon we know now - There are officially 649 different species, though the pokémon were unevolved when they were "born". Anyways, these eight Legendaries carried three hards for decades, eons for some of them. One of their own Type and two more that would match perfectly with their future Ward. The secondary and tertiary Types will be dependent on the character's overall personality. And of course, player preference. Those three Types will be the only Types your character can capture and will feel the strongest tie to.

Now, the question comes of what would happen if your character tries to capture a pokémon not under their "jurisdiction". Well, the pokéball would capture the pokémon. And then it would break. If their pokémon is to evolve beyond their Type, the pokémon would not be capable of evolving until released.

How's that? C:

Vix
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Half-Dragon on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:18 am

Drat and double-drat! I was gonna go with psychic male. Mainly because Gardevoir. Ah, well. Long as we're calling dibs, flying male for me. I'm having a bit of trouble deciding on a few key character elements - class, for one - but I've got most of the basics down pat.

Wonder what the second/third types will be. For that matter, I've noticed Bulbapedia classifies eighteen types so far - which ones aren't in here?
It's gonna be a long drive home,
'Cause now it's all over
But the memories remain.
(How could we ever forget?)
As darkness falls we're tired and worn
But we'll do it all again!

Half-Dragon
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:55 am

Fairy - The sixth generation is incomplete so we shall be skipping over them for now.

Vix
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Half-Dragon on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:37 pm

So a couple things weren't made totally clear. Or maybe they were and I just didn't see that part, but I'll risk looking dumb and ask anyways: First off, is it safe to assume one trainer having one type doesn't lock everyone else off from it? Because I don't think there are enough types available if the four seen here are also unique to those that have them. If that makes sense.

Second, the classes. I thought originally that a character could only have one, but no actual rules were established that I saw and then I noticed Angelique has more and now I'm confused. Can we get a rundown on the rules for picking classes if there isn't one already?

Half-Dragon
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:34 pm

Half-Dragon wrote:So a couple things weren't made totally clear. Or maybe they were and I just didn't see that part, but I'll risk looking dumb and ask anyways: First off, is it safe to assume one trainer having one type doesn't lock everyone else off from it? Because I don't think there are enough types available if the four seen here are also unique to those that have them. If that makes sense.

Second, the classes. I thought originally that a character could only have one, but no actual rules were established that I saw and then I noticed Angelique has more and now I'm confused. Can we get a rundown on the rules for picking classes if there isn't one already?

As far as types, everyone will be unique to three types (their primary being their strongest connection) but with how many there are, everyone will share their Types with one other Chosen. As far as those secondary and tertiary Types, go ahead and pick which other two you think fits your character(s) the most.

Classes - I didn't mean to have that in this time around. It's pretty much Occupation, so that can be clipped out. Sorry for the confusion ^^;

Vix
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!