Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Take Me to The Black - A Firefly Tale

Take Me to The Black - A Firefly Tale

a part of “Take Me to The Black - A Firefly Tale”, a fictional universe by Screwface Romeo.

Out here, people struggle to get by with the most basic technologies; a ship will bring you work, a gun will help you keep it. A captain's goal is simple: find a crew, find a job, keep flying.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Take Me to The Black - A Firefly Tale”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Take Me to The Black - A Firefly Tale

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masato22 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:47 pm

High profile huh? I don't quite think he's high profile. He's a scientist that wants to continue his work and avoid the federation who wants his weapons. He's no Jayne or River for that matter. He would simply like to accompany the crew on their travels to scout out scrap metal and other materials for parts to further his work.

I know how to keep him subdued and not to step on anyone's toes, I promise. I didn't feel the pilot position is a good fit for me because it requires extensive knowledge of the ship and exactly how it works, the same goes for the engineer. The first mate might be too post demanding for my availability. therefore I choose the position of the passenger. The idea is really cool i think and I feel he'd serve as a great ace card for the crew in various situations.

However if you feel he's too much, perhaps i'll have to opt out of the RP. I really don't want to do that. -_-"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

masato22
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:46 pm

I have...no real good ideas character wise yet lol I'm sure I'll come up with something by tomorrow though. Sorry for the delay. Maybe I'll make a drunk, or a brute, or a drunk brute. I know I don't wanna make a particularly large, dimwitted strong man though since that kind of character seems vaguely familiar aha
I should go.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Switch shit up and make our Jayne a Jane?

masato22 wrote:High profile huh? I don't quite think he's high profile. He's a scientist that wants to continue his work and avoid the federation who wants his weapons. He's no Jayne or River for that matter. He would simply like to accompany the crew on their travels to scout out scrap metal and other materials for parts to further his work.

I know how to keep him subdued and not to step on anyone's toes, I promise. I didn't feel the pilot position is a good fit for me because it requires extensive knowledge of the ship and exactly how it works, the same goes for the engineer. The first mate might be too post demanding for my availability. therefore I choose the position of the passenger. The idea is really cool i think and I feel he'd serve as a great ace card for the crew in various situations.

However if you feel he's too much, perhaps i'll have to opt out of the RP. I really don't want to do that. -_-"

I just don't feel like it fits with what I'm going for. I'd really rather you didn't go, are you sure you can't come up with another idea?
Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything! | Gun-Toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes | NationStates's resident AR-18 fanatic and bayonet-hater | STOP! Before you call a magazine a clip, think of the children!

I probably like Quarians a bit more than I should. ShepxTali 4lyf3

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:55 pm

Screwface Romeo wrote:Switch shit up and make our Jayne a Jane?

Hey... Jayne ain't a girl. I'll show you full well I got man parts.

lol actually I'm thinking of opting out of the ex-military, ex-merc, ex-bounty hunter, ex-assassin route most people go and go with ex-con. That can account for his badassery so instead of super military trained disillusioned soldier we can just make him out to be a badass cause he's spent most of his life in and out of some prison on some penal colony moon somewhere or another. The temptation to make Riddick will be a pain in the ass though lmao

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:58 pm

I was actually thinking about Dahl from the latest Riddick, when toying with what a female Muscle would be like... And then I started thinking about Borderlands 2, and it's all downhill from there.

Sounds good to me.

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:01 pm

I gotta see that movie, was it good?

And cool :]

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masato22 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:06 pm

i really felt inspired by my character idea. However if you can help me better envision what it is you're going for perhaps I can better come up with something different.

masato22
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:07 pm

It's pretty damn awesome. Plotwise, it's basically a remake of the first movie, but set after the events of the second. Bunch of people try to kill Riddick, then end up needing his help when the critters attack, almost all of them die horribly. So yeah, it's the first one all over again. But the first one was fucking awesome, so who's complaining? Oh, and he has a dog. Everything's better with dogs!

What's your "Vera" gunna be?

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:19 pm

Screwface Romeo wrote:It's pretty damn awesome. Plotwise, it's basically a remake of the first movie, but set after the events of the second. Bunch of people try to kill Riddick, then end up needing his help when the critters attack, almost all of them die horribly. So yeah, it's the first one all over again. But the first one was fucking awesome, so who's complaining? Oh, and he has a dog. Everything's better with dogs!

Ok so that sounds epic, guess I know what I'm doing after work now lol I loved the first one the most out of both live action films and the anime. Never got a chance to play the game, I heard escape from butcher bay was actually pretty good. But if I get shiv happy Riddick, alien monsters, murder parties, Katee Sackhoff, night vision, alien dogs and space ships I'll be happy ahahaha

And I dunno yet, I wanna keep it from being a high powered rifle like Jayne's Vera though so I may go with a shotgun or maybe a kick ass pistol... or a knife... you know, for the sweet spot between the fourth and fifth rib.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masato22 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Nevermind, I think I'll opt out. I stand strongly by my character idea and don't wish to change it. Good Luck on your RP I hope everything goes well.

masato22
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:33 pm

Bromander Shepard wrote:
Screwface Romeo wrote:It's pretty damn awesome. Plotwise, it's basically a remake of the first movie, but set after the events of the second. Bunch of people try to kill Riddick, then end up needing his help when the critters attack, almost all of them die horribly. So yeah, it's the first one all over again. But the first one was fucking awesome, so who's complaining? Oh, and he has a dog. Everything's better with dogs!

Ok so that sounds epic, guess I know what I'm doing after work now lol I loved the first one the most out of both live action films and the anime. Never got a chance to play the game, I heard escape from butcher bay was actually pretty good. But if I get shiv happy Riddick, alien monsters, murder parties, Katee Sackhoff, night vision, alien dogs and space ships I'll be happy ahahaha

And I dunno yet, I wanna keep it from being a high powered rifle like Jayne's Vera though so I may go with a shotgun or maybe a kick ass pistol... or a knife... you know, for the sweet spot between the fourth and fifth rib.

Vera's actually a shotgun. SAIGA-12 with Sci-Fi greebles glued on.

What about a Kel-Tec KSG? When it comes to badass shotguns, it doesn't get much more badass. Call it a "Blue Sun Arsenal Supplies Duel-Feed Scattergun Model 14" or something.

I mean, look at this sumbitch;

Load one tube with buckshot, and the other with slugs. Or, one with FRAG-12 and the other with flechettes... the possibilities are endless. I love shotguns...

masato22 wrote:Nevermind, I think I'll opt out. I stand strongly by my character idea and don't wish to change it. Good Luck on your RP I hope everything goes well.

I'm sure it's for the best.

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:32 am

Yep... I just fell in love a little bit. I think I've found my Vera, thanks Romeo! And I'm working on an idea for the muscle now. Do you have a preference on a real life image for the characters or is a picture suitable. It wouldn't be an anime picture however. Just might be a character from a game or something.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faith Fanon on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:25 am

Boys and their guns...

Okay, I submitted my doc, let me know if she needs some work.

Will add a picture later

Faith Fanon
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:46 am

As far as pictures, pretty much anything goes. I'd prefer no anime, but it's not strictly necessary.

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Candy_ on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:43 pm

Could I reserve the Tenant spot?

I might end up doing something like Inara, but I can change if that's unpreferable. I dunno. ;w;
"Life is a dream; we must all be ready to wake up so we can dream again." - Amys, Wise One
The Wheel lost the Creator in 2007. I'm still feeling the hit. Tarmon Gai'don has happened, the World is probably in ruins, and I don't know because I'm not there yet.
May the Wheel weave for the ta'veren.

Candy_
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:38 pm

How can you have a Firefly RP without a proper Companion?

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:56 pm

Yeah we need somebody from the whore academy.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:54 pm

Don't be foolish. Serrice University doesn't exist in this universe!

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Candy_ on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:43 pm

Precisely!

If you don't have a civil whore on board, I don't think it would be the same.

I'll start my CS tomorrow. c:

[Sorry for any issues with this! I've got so much to study. xD]

Candy_
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:28 am

Finally finished! Sorry it took me so long! Think I came up with a good, unique character to serve as the crews muscle while at the same time not being the stereotypical big meat head :] Hope you like him Cap

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!